Expats Club In Cm

wolf5370

Expats Club in CM  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OneMan posted a thread that went tangential exponentially.

Expats-Club-Chiangmai Thread

The thread was interesting, but confused by the tangents and detail. I see it as there were a few options that could be explored and I think, as I said in the thread itself, that it did not work in a free flow of posts, but required a poll (with the addition of posts for other related discussion). So, as OneMan didn't take me up on it, I have hijacked his thread (sorry OneMan) in the hope of getting some more difinitive information.

Oh, and posting Groucho quotes has grown thin now, so please don't (even if you attribute them to Woody Allen!)

Option 7.

I'm here because this site offers a wealth of useful current information.

The idea of hanging out with a bunch of old farang gits, while they complain about everything Thai, makes me ill.

:)

Edited by maesai

Option 7.

The idea of hanging out with a bunch of old farang gits, while they complain about everything Thai, makes me ill.

There were no posts from interested members complaining about everything Thai

Wolf is now doing something positive. To get anywhere, the thread needs to be read by those interested and who want to make constructive comments and should be ignored by those who do not. Just go to another thread that interests you.

caf

I'm here because I can offer a wealth of useful information and common sense.

Well, yes, to an extent I agree with that. Of course not everyone falls into that 'sad old git' category, however I feel that searching out that remaining 5% or so is easier on my own than by joining a club. A club by the way where STILL 95% (or worse) will be in the category you mentioned, especially if women are excluded as per quite a lot of votes above.

EDIT: I don't mind the 'old'. I do mind the 'sad'.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Option 7.

This is one of the generalisation problems here in CM (and on TV). There are many of us who are not 'old gits' (sic) - I meet many expats who, like me, are under 40. I also know many who are older than me, but that doesn't necessarily make them 'farts' either. I've spent many an enjoyable night sitting around a table outside an expat bar joking and drinking into the early hours. Its these nights that build memories (as well as friendships). In the UK I knew people my own age, and younger, who were dead from the neck up as far as I could tell - certainly more life in some of the older expats here that's for sure! If you relly on age as a determinate of 'fartiness', then you're deceiving yourself. Remember the adage, You are as young as the women you feel (here it makes many an octaginarian a twenty-something :D).

Edited by wolf5370

I`m not old and only sad when my wife and in-laws nag me for money, but I am a git. Hope I still qualify for membership.

I would be very interested in this sort of club, Providing (with a capital P) that this project does not transform into a commercial business venture run by some sort of old boys network as so many others seem to have taken that route.

This is the reason I gave up on the ex-pats club.

I will follow the progress of this suggested club on ThaiVisa and see how events transpire. If it looks good, please count me in.

Doesn't necesary have to be a traditional gentlemans club, perhaps a modern day version, a sort of out with the old and in with the new :D but must have the following:

Nice lounging sofa's

Big TV's showing all the sports channels.

Pool Table

Dining Facilities

Pleasant Hostesses :D

All daily newspapers

Membership with a small yearly subscription

Woman are allowed but only if they promise not to talk :)

Edited by alfieconn

I voted and didn't want to vote for any exclusions but the poll wouldn't accept my vote without something being ticked, so I ticked no (farang) women. I don't have a particular problem with farang women but I like the idea of a club where you don't need to consider, after a few beers, the sensibilities of them.

There could be special events for special occasions for families where the collective contributions of members lead to a bigger event for everyone. For example, Xmas parties for kids, monthly family BBQs etc.

Edit.

I see I should have voted for the first choice regarding exclusions.

Edited by Loaded