*another Bg Scam Warning*

MJP

Old friend called tonight who knows a lady that works for one of the medical/life insurance firms. This is in Pattaya.

BG brings old chap into the sales office to buy medical/life insurance having convinced him to let her sign the policy. Sales staff are urging the old boy to sign it in his name, knowing what is going on but unable to interfere in the situation past that.

BG signs it in her name, old boy hands over the 120,000 Baht for the policy . . . which . . . two weeks later . . . she cashes in and gets 100,000 back. Knows of one BG that's managed to pull this off 3 times in the last 2 months!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't the staff do anything? Cause they get 10% of the 100k?

Who knows, nothing would surprise. Although the lady who runs the office would not have let on to my friend if that was the case.

300,000 Baht in two months! That's £6000!

Anyway, if there are any older gentlemen reading, take note and sign your own policy. It's not just the money but the fact that you won't actually have any insurance cover should you need it.

In my experience it is very difficult over here to have faith or count on other staff members if something needs to be done or stop a wrongful act. All the office staffs are working together when money is involved.

For instance I call a car dealer to cancel a service I had order and I could not get hold of the service rep to cancel. I talked to another service rep and asked him to let my service rep know to cancel the work and it never happened and when I finally got hold of the service rep he told me it was already done and that cost me additional 4000 bth that it was not necessary

One might think the office percentage will be in the 20k (perhaps cancellation fee) not returned.....all above board...

Good warning MJP - I guess could happen anywhere..not just Pattaya. :)

One might think the office percentage will be in the 20k (perhaps cancellation fee) not returned.....all above board...

Good warning MJP - I guess could happen anywhere..not just Pattaya. :D

Never heard of it happening in Devon . . . :) But you never know!

Good warning MJP - I guess could happen anywhere..not just Pattaya. :D

Never heard of it happening in Devon . . . :) But you never know!

Fair comment.....I actually meant anywhere in Thailand...as I have seen people in the provinces selling life insurance at very high rates......

But if you feel that it is a good warning for the folks in Devon too......ok by me... :D

Never heard of it happening in Devon . . . :D But you never know!

Fair comment.....I actually meant anywhere in Thailand...as I have seen people in the provinces selling life insurance at very high rates......

But if you feel that it is a good warning for the folks in Devon too......ok by me... :D

BEWARE OLD MEN OF DEVON . . . THAT 73 YEAR OLD GIRL DOWN THE HOPE & ANCHOR IS OUT TO GET YOUR MONEY!!!

Yes quite! :)

In my experience it is very difficult over here to have faith or count on other staff members if something needs to be done or stop a wrongful act. All the office staffs are working together when money is involved.

For instance I call a car dealer to cancel a service I had order and I could not get hold of the service rep to cancel. I talked to another service rep and asked him to let my service rep know to cancel the work and it never happened and when I finally got hold of the service rep he told me it was already done and that cost me additional 4000 bth that it was not necessary

I would expect this to be the case in a sales office anywhere.....including Devon..... :)

I would expect this to be the case in a sales office anywhere.....including Devon..... :)

That too is a fair point.

Cynical as hel_l as I am about anything to do with this country, I suspect that these sales people are not 'in on it'. If it were a scam on their part, no way would this woman have discussed it, especially with a farang.

How can anybody be so stupid to let a bargirl sign forms for insurance! that has got nothing to do with her???

a fool and his money........

nothing surprises me here, but this is just crazy and anybody that falls for it .......well as they say...som nam na! :)

How can anybody be so stupid to let a bargirl sign forms for insurance! that has got nothing to do with her???

nothing surprises me here, but this is just crazy and anybody that falls for it .......well as they say...som nam na! :)

Well said, but it does happen, especially to some of the old chaps who are in love. :D

The concern is they now go off thinking they have full medical cover when they don't with potentially serious consequences.

Supposing the guy receives a set monthly allowance from a trust.....

But he can apply to the trust for additional expenses......especially where health is concerned.... :D

Everything is not always as it seems....... :D

3 in 2 months though.... :D ...impossible...or is it?? :D

It happens more often than you think, I know of a highly respected law lecturer who bought an expensive house in Thailand several years back, paid cash.

Too lazy to get something organized in advance in terms of what name would be put on the land title (chanut) so on the day of transfer he used the name of the bar person he took home the previous night, in fact he didn't even know the persons name.

He didn't move into the house, ever. He was barred by the new owner!

______

Regarding insurance scams / rip offs, it also happens to Thais.

My sons Thai wife was ripped off twice by her so called 'best friend from school'.

Another uneducated poor farmers daughter out witting an educated well off farang... :)

Oh well, next...

Good luck to her/them...

No, some lowlife conning a gullible old man out of what could be a sizeable chuck of his savings.

How can you admire that?

Another uneducated poor farmers daughter out witting an educated well off farang... :D

Oh well, next...

Good luck to her/them...

No, some lowlife conning a gullible old man out of what could be a sizeable chuck of his savings.

How can you admire that?

Always good to give an alternative point of view

Gullible old man :) in Pattaya in Thailand the home of easy young attractive girls..famous throughout the World... :D

Can't wait to be a gullible old man :D

Another uneducated poor farmers daughter out witting an educated well off farang... :D

Oh well, next...

Good luck to her/them...

How can you admire that?

Always good to give an alternative point of view

Gullible old man :) in Pattaya in Thailand the home of easy young attractive girls..famous throughout the World... :D

Can't wait to be a gullible old man :D

Sure you'll really be saying that when your wallet is 120,000 bht lighter? I very much doubt it.

That would never work with me. One of my life in Thailand rules is to NEVER be worth more dead than alive.

I put life insurance salesmen, lawyers and politicians in the same category. Used car salesmen are well above that category.

That would never work with me. One of my life in Thailand rules is to NEVER be worth more dead than alive.

I put life insurance salesmen, lawyers and politicians in the same category. Used car salesmen are well above that category.

Now that's good advice!

Thats the dumbest so called scam I ever heard of ...... anyone who does that deserves what they get. Putting a policy in a BG's name ? Are you kidding me? LOL .... would anyone fall for that on a trip to a brothel in Las Vegas ?

The old guys moving to Thailand are probably more stupid then those in Las Vegas. Come on signing an insurance in someone else his / her name.. who would do that.

Probably the same guys who think their 30 year younger BG gf loves them for their fat old body and not their fat wallet.

I don't condone scamming but you must agree those guys are not the brightest lights.