Yellow Book ,

i understand if a farang has a yellow book ,

i.e. proof of residency in thailand , he can then buy and own a car .

i am nearing my retirement age .

would having a yellow book , deny me any U.K. pension increase . :)

as and when increases are given , by U.K. goverment .

thanks for any informed replies.

You do not need a yellow book to buy anything in Thailand, it can just make the process a little easier when asked for proof of address.

If the British Government know that you are living in Thailand you will not get any increase in the state pension full stop.

Nothing to do with yellow book, everything to do with where we have chosen to retire.

The annual increase is only paid to those retirees in Europe and certain other 'chosen' countries, eg USA, Phillipines(I believe)

If you have a non immigrant visa you can buy a car, but if you want credit to buy it, you'll need a work permit.

As far as the Brit government is concerned, what you don't tell them, they don't know. If you do them them, you will lose your index linking.

If you have a non immigrant visa you can buy a car, but if you want credit to buy it, you'll need a work permit.

As far as the Brit government is concerned, what you don't tell them, they don't know. If you do them them, you will lose your index linking.

Incorrect, my car is on credit and I don't have a work permit, because I don;t work here.

Cheers, Rik

What you need for the car purchase is proof of residency. You can get this from Thai Immigration by supplying them a few documents including your current rental contract. They will then issue you with a letter (for 500 baht) that says that you do live here. Then you can, with that, transfer a vehicle registration into your name. But first....If you take that letter along with your international drivers licence to a motor vehicle office, you can, through a process get a Thai DL. Get your DL first, as they explained to me. Other offices know that you needed to have a proof of residence to get that. Then use your Thai DL as proof of residence. You can use copies of your original letter, however, only with something else such as a Thai DL. They want the original letter if you do not have anything else. You can get original letters at 500 per, or use one, in a wise way.

This is my experience.

I used my yellow book as proof of address when renewing driving licence, easier than visiting Immigration office for a letter.

And the ID number on the book is what is on my licence, not my passport number.

Elwood

It is the same type document as the blue home register that a Thai would have - the house number and who lives there. Foreigners are not supposed to be listed on the blue book but a yellow book can be issued for them. Those foreigners owning condos are the main users but it is available (depending on local knowledge) to anyone living in a private residence. It can be used as proof of your address/residence for a few things but is not really a requirement.

very intresting,,,i have only the blue book ( no name inside ) as i requested 2 yrs ago,,, teh YELLOW BOOK what have a lot of atvantages was SUSPENDED by the taxsin goverment.. as i request in the townhall ,they said the same.

i know people have a yellow book,,,,but they was issued over 5 yrs ago,, at this time i never heard about,until somebody told me.

is it still aviable somewhere at this time, and not in history................

very intresting,,,i have only the blue book ( no name inside ) as i requested 2 yrs ago,,, teh YELLOW BOOK what have a lot of atvantages was SUSPENDED by the taxsin goverment.. as i request in the townhall ,they said the same.

i know people have a yellow book,,,,but they was issued over 5 yrs ago,, at this time i never heard about,until somebody told me.

My yellow book was issued 3 years ago, when Voldemort was still in charge.

Elwood

I got my yellow book last month.

It took my over 3 months because the guy dealing with it in my amphur had never done it before. He had a book in front of him and was taking bits that were needed but not all at one time.

I cost me a fair amount of money because I got my wife to tell her exactly what he wanted from me.

He did and I went to the embassy and a translation agency in BKK 400km away and brought them back.

No, what I really wanted was the translations AND the passport information stamped by the Ministry for Consular Affairs and the UK embassy.

Back to BKK again but the embassy said they will not stamp translations (not my job squire) so they did their bit on my passport details, marriage certificate (in English) and a letter confirming my address (which could have been anywhere).

Thank you very much for your kind donation of 4,800 baht to the poor UK government and mind the door doesn't hit you in the ass on the way out.

Back to the translation agency who for "only" 3,000 baht will collect your stuff from the embassy, take it and the translations to the MoCA and collect it then post it back to you.

They did but the lady went to hospital and had a baby which delayed the posting for a few days.

I scanned all the stuff into my computer.

Back to the amphur and the guy couldn't find anything else to ask me so I gave him the original documents anf some copies and he said come back next day.

Later that day my wife said he needed my mothers name as well. Fortunately she held the phone well away from her ear as I went apeshit.

She also said that she had to collect the book even though it was in my name.

I went with her the next day to get it and reminded her that they still had her blue book which she got back after she asked for it. I then told her to tell the guy he was welcome to the scanned copies but I want my originals back.

Cannot he said. :D

I can says I picking them up. :)

Cannot again. :D

Yes I can says I. You have copies of my passport, marriage certificate, driving licence, wifes blue book and ID card NOT the originals.

Cannot again now getting worried. :D:D:D

So I threw the yellow book on his desk and told my wife to get him to call his boss as I am now geeting mad (farang has no face to lose). :D

He did call his boss who told him the copy is OK. :D

He then smiled and asked me for 25 baht for the yellow book and we left. :cheesy:

I hope never to see him again.

It is not an immigration matter - you obtain at District Office which is why translations into Thai are required for English language documents. Very few people do this outside of the normal foreign owned condo locations so most officials do not have any idea what/how to do.

I bough my condo in Pattaya in August 2008 and got a Blue Book at Pattaya City Mall,

but I did not managed to get a Yellow Book for my condo : "no more yellow book" ??

As the Yellow one is the one that avoid going at Immigration for proof of address,

I would be happy if someone can tel me how to get it for a condo at Pattaya... :)

Edited by Pattaya46

@lodbury

i hear only cant do anymore from the amphur and that it is cancelled. i see older boooks issued in rayong province

you know what documents are requiered ,,and how i can do. bcs makes all much easy ( no more letter of residence etc)

i have a chanote land 30yrs lease, the construction premit is on my name, drivinglicence, registerd at the embassy that i am staying in thailnd ( passport issued in bkk embassy)

but i am not married and under 50

only farangs with a PR are on a blue book

What is a PR?

My land is owned by a thai friedd and my name is listed on the Nor sor sam with a 30 year lease and then my name is on the back page of the BLUE book.

IN phuket u get the letter from Immigration showing proof of residence ( u can even just have a note from the hotel ur staying, or ur landlord) for 100 baht.Thios u then need to get a Thai drivers license, YOU DO NOT need an international license. If u hold any liocense ur excused form taking the drving test but still need take the eye/written test.

only farangs with a PR are on a blue book

What is a PR?

My land is owned by a thai friedd and my name is listed on the Nor sor sam with a 30 year lease and then my name is on the back page of the BLUE book.

IN phuket u get the letter from Immigration showing proof of residence ( u can even just have a note from the hotel ur staying, or ur landlord) for 100 baht.Thios u then need to get a Thai drivers license, YOU DO NOT need an international license. If u hold any liocense ur excused form taking the drving test but still need take the eye/written test.

Permanent Residenty http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Camerata-s-G...ide-t74654.html

Means if you have that you no longer need a Visa to stay in Thailand.

But even having that and being on the blue book listed as resident some government officers refuse it as proof of residency and still wanted a letter from my embassy stating I live here.

And that kinda weird if I just showed them I am on the Blue book, have Thai Government issued Certificate of Residence and a Alien Registration Book but then TIT

Not sure how you get on a Blue book without having a PR as I thought that was not possible but then again TIT so yeah nothing suprises me anymore here.

As far as the Thai are concerned anybody with a Visa is temporary visitor no matter how you feel about it, if you not believe me try and walk thru customs for Thai Nationals instead of Visitors.....

Except people with a PR have to go thru the Thai Nationals gateway.

Other then being allowed to live here forever it does not have much else to offer, you still need a Workpermit and you still can not own land here. But its the last step before you can try for a Thai passport.

Edited by brianinbangkok

It took my over 3 months because the guy dealing with it in my amphur had never done it before. He had a book in front of him and was taking bits that were needed but not all at one time.

I cost me a fair amount of money because I got my wife to tell her exactly what he wanted from me.

---etc etc -

He then smiled and asked me for 25 baht for the yellow book and we left. :)

I also got a yellow book but with a lot less hassle than you have had it also cost 20thb but that was for the plastic cover that they put it in we applied on a Friday and told to come back on the following Monday and all was done within an hour no hassle - now I did take my computer with me and a small portable printer and did print out some extra copies of photos that he wanted - this was about four years ago now

post-21154-1263101306_thumb.jpg

Edited by 99BigLad99

I got my yellow book from the Amphur in Udon about 10 months ago. Apparently the Amphur in Nongbua Lamphu which is the next province to Udon Thani refuses to issue them because he is spiteful, ignorant of the rules or just lazy. The key is the rules and what paperwork they need varies from Amphur to Amphur so no point in listing what paperwork and hoop jumping I did but it was a lot easier than post #16.

Condo owners do get a blue book but your name isn't inside (as you are a minority owner of something bigger). Those foreigners that 'own' houses or have a usufruct, or rent or lease their houses are entitled to have a yellow book but ultimately it depends if the Amphur can be arsed and needs the cooperation of whoever really owns the land that the house is standing on, or the home owner, ie. the primary resident named in the blue book 'belonging' to that home.

There is (I believe) a 'sticky' thread already posted on yellow books where procedures and opinions are all mixed up so it's a bit of a dogs dinner and frustrating to browse. The above I think is a potted version that just about sums it up.

Having one makes certain procedures easier, such as buying a car but once again, that is dependent on the dealership and any bank that may be extending credit. It's never cut and dried standard operating procedure in Thailand!

My yellow book was issued in 2009 - but not easy to obtain at the local amphur in Khet Klongsarn.

---etc etc -

He then smiled and asked me for 25 baht for the yellow book and we left. :)

I also got a yellow book but with a lot less hassle than you have had it also cost 20thb but that was for the plastic cover that they put it in we applied on a Friday and told to come back on the following Monday and all was done within an hour no hassle - now I did take my computer with me and a small portable printer and did print out some extra copies of photos that he wanted - this was about four years ago now

post-21154-1263101306_thumb.jpg

I see you are from central Thailand the same as me.

What amphur did you use?

I suspect that I am the first farang here to apply for the yellow book and the guy covered himself all ways just to be sure.

I would have thought that there would have been a standard format but I suppose it is a bit like Immigration offices where there is a standard but the local officers can ask for more and more information.

What pi55ed me off the most is that my wife asked him each time exactly what he wanted and when we got that he changed his mind or wanted more information.

If he had given us a list we could have followed that but if he then wanted more he would have lost face as it would have been his fault and not ours.

I bough my condo in Pattaya in August 2008 and got a Blue Book at Pattaya City Mall,

but I did not managed to get a Yellow Book for my condo : "no more yellow book" ??

As the Yellow one is the one that avoid going at Immigration for proof of address,

I would be happy if someone can tel me how to get it for a condo at Pattaya... :)

Who wants proof of address?

After living in Thailand nearly twenty years I have only ever once been asked for proof of address and that was many years ago when I applied for my first one- year driving license. Since then and three one-year and two five-year licenceses later I have never been asked by anyone for proof of address.

If you own a condo and have a blue book, your name should be on the last page - (who needs the yellow book) and your passport number is on a Thai smart driving license as well as your address. accepted by all of the most difficult ones - the Thai banks.

Anyway, at least that is my experience.

Hi I'm busy now for three years to get a yellow book,every paper I bring is not OK I ask them what I need they send me to a coffee shop where a lot of Farangs come and ask there. I have asked by the Immigration office in Bangkok they give me a paper what I need I give that by the ampur in the city I live They say every ampur is autonomous and have their own rules. I have still no yellow book. I can live with that I have buy a new car have a Thai drivers license build my own house, Yes I live in the Isaan

Greetings Cees Du