Men That Get Swindled By Thai Women

sokal

I was just thinking about this subject. Allot of men come on forums like this and warn other men because they got scammed by a Thai woman. These men always blame the woman and give Thai/farang relationships a bad name and never mention anything about themselves.

I think that these men are going with women that are not in their league and that is why it doesn't work out. To put it bluntly, these women swindle you because they think they can do better then you, its that simple. Its just annoying that these guys make all these warnings as if a 25 to 35 year old guy is just as vulnerable to getting swindled by a beautiful 25 year old Thai girl as a 55 to 60 year old is. They say that these girls are just after the money but that is only true for them, not everyone. Girls by nature want a man and a family, they don't want to sit around single with no kids their whole lives. They dump them because they think these men are not good enough and they think they can upgrade. This should be obvious to these men, I don't know what they are thinking. If I was 50 and some beautiful 20 year old was showing interest in me I would just tell her to buzz off because I know she can do better then me and if she gets a chance she probably will. And if I am a financially secure 25 year old and a beautiful 20 year old showed interest in me then its a totally different story and those guys warnings do not apply.

It is especially stupid for these guys to do this in a place like Thailand where girls seem to look younger longer. If your an older guy, why not go for a decent looking 35 to 40 year old Thai girl ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much of what you say is for sure true. But, also for sure, many men are swindled ... and not just because the girl decides they want someone else. So many of us know many girls who have multiple guys they are both simultaniously and sequentially soaking for all the money they can get. Some even brag about how easy it is for them to scam a guy.

Just like men, there are good and bad ones.

I think usually the reason people post their stories is to say ... "becareful out there, don't be a fool like I was." Which is fine. Also, I think people feel better when they share their sadness, which is more than fine.

I think if a 25 year old thought that a Thai lady was only going out with him for his money......he would be gutted.....possible permanent ego deflation!! :)

So he can never allow himself to consider the possibilty............ :D

You are making the mistake of assuming all 'beautiful 25 year old Thai women' are the same. This could not be further from the truth. There are without doubt a certain breed of Thai woman who has the sole intention of taking farang for as much money as they can get. Such women are easy to spot as an expat. When you first meet them pretend like you are a tourist and don't speak any Thai to them - maybe even lie and say that you are here on holiday and it's your first time in Thailand - they will show great interest in you and tell you all of the standard BS lines about how handsome you are and how they dont have a boyfriend and their family is poor etc etc. Then once they find out you are an expat they will lose all interest.

What you are suggesting is that these women see men they know they don't want to be in a relationship with but use them for money until they can find something better. Well then why don't such blatant examples of that happen in the West? It happens in a more subtle way but you don't see many gorgeous University students going around with 50+ year old men using them for the money until somebody better comes along. Even in your overly simplistic explanation of the situation, you are suggesting that there is a predatory nature to the women who do this...

I think if a 25 year old thought that a Thai lady was only going out with him for his money......he would be gutted.....possible permanent ego deflation!! :)

That's not true. Not every young tourist or expat is naive to these things. I know of many people in this age group who understand the dynamics a lot better than people twice there age who come to Thailand - and they embrace it. If you know they are just after your money you can protect yourself and not get attached, but still shag them silly and have their company. It's not as fun when you know most of what they say is bullshit and they probably have Thai boyfriends or kik's on the side - but at least it prevents you from getting hurt and/or losing a lot of money.

That's not true. Not every young tourist or expat is naive to these things. I know of many people in this age group who understand the dynamics a lot better than people twice there age who come to Thailand - and they embrace it. If you know they are just after your money you can protect yourself and not get attached, but still shag them silly and have their company. It's not as fun when you know most of what they say is bullshit and they probably have Thai boyfriends or kik's on the side - but at least it prevents you from getting hurt and/or losing a lot of money.

The Op quite clearly states that the 25 year olds do not require these warnings..........well.......which is it????

The Op quite clearly states that the 25 year olds do not require these warnings..........well.......which is it????

He didn't say they don't require the warnings he said they are less likely be taken advantage of. He didn't say why this was but the implication was because Thai women would actually want to be in a relationship with those men. The OP clearly doesn't know many 25-35 year old expats. I've seen many of them get taken advantage of by Thai women (see the thread just started by a mid-twenties guy in this forum).

What differentiates the guys who get scammed from the guys who don't is not age - it's how well they understand Thailand and the motives and methods of the type of Thai women who take advantage of foreigners. Those women don't care how old you are - they just want your money.

Edited by DegenFarang

He didn't say they don't require the warnings he said they are less likely be taken advantage of. He didn't say why this was but the implication was because Thai women would actually want to be in a relationship with those men. The OP clearly doesn't know many 25-35 year old expats. I've seen many of them get taken advantage of by Thai women (see the thread just started by a mid-twenties guy in this forum).

What differentiates the guys who get scammed from the guys who don't is not age - it's how well they understand Thailand and the motives and methods of the type of Thai women who take advantage of foreigners. Those women don't care how old you are - they just want your money.

His words

"And if I am a financially secure 25 year old and a beautiful 20 year old showed interest in me then its a totally different story and those guys warnings do not apply."

But the rest of your post shows a little better understanding.... :) .

You're quite right Degen, on both this point and that raised in your earlier note ..... the thing to understand about these situations is that they usualy involve ex-pats who get into relationships and relationship situations they wouldn't let themselves get into back home. Quite how/why they think "oh, but it's okay in Thailand" is the part I have never understood.

If it ain't a situation one would be getting into with a girl back home, then why do it Thailand - the chances are for the same reason's one wouldn't get involved in whatever the scenario is back home in their own country, they are the same reasons why they shouldn't in Thailand, but for some reason I have never grasped, they think it's okay to do so in Thailand ........ and then wonder why it goes all pearshaped.

It depends if she is going out with the guy long term for his money or short term. I don't have a problem with a girls wanting me because I can provide for them

Again you are trying to make the case that these women do not want to live normal lives and have a husband or a family of their own. Are they just greedy capitalists that want to be single forever ?

they probably have Thai boyfriends or kik's on the side

I guess those Thai guys are better then you then... right ?

You are making the mistake of assuming all 'beautiful 25 year old Thai women' are the same. This could not be further from the truth. There are without doubt a certain breed of Thai woman who has the sole intention of taking farang for as much money as they can get. Such women are easy to spot as an expat. When you first meet them pretend like you are a tourist and don't speak any Thai to them - maybe even lie and say that you are here on holiday and it's your first time in Thailand - they will show great interest in you and tell you all of the standard BS lines about how handsome you are and how they dont have a boyfriend and their family is poor etc etc. Then once they find out you are an expat they will lose all interest.

What you are suggesting is that these women see men they know they don't want to be in a relationship with but use them for money until they can find something better. Well then why don't such blatant examples of that happen in the West? It happens in a more subtle way but you don't see many gorgeous University students going around with 50+ year old men using them for the money until somebody better comes along. Even in your overly simplistic explanation of the situation, you are suggesting that there is a predatory nature to the women who do this...

Those certain breed of Thai women you are talking about usually have been swindled by men many times when their intentions where good that they just hate men and want to swindle them back. I have met them too. Also as these girls get older they probably realize that if they don't clean up their act that they will not be desired by anyone because they are too old and they will just have to go work in the sun all day to support themselves.

In the west, girls have family that support them financially. They don't need to hang around with old men for money.

Edited by sokal

Sokal why are you so interested in old men and their girls? It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of something here, not us.

these men and their naive judgment give Thai/farang relationships a bad name when there is legit couples out there.

Well said. Precisely so. The age of the woman is no guarantee they don't want money. Some of the older ones are in more dire straights for money than the younger ones and their expectations may be higher. I am afraid the OP has made some erroneous assumptions.

Those certain breed of Thai women you are talking about usually have been swindled by men many times when their intentions where good that they just hate men and want to swindle them back. I have met them too. Also as these girls get older they probably realize that if they don't clean up their act that they will not be desired by anyone because they are too old and they will just have to go work in the sun all day to support themselves.

In the west, girls have family that support them financially. They don't need to hang around with old men for money.

Girls in the west have much greater access to higher education and professional jobs than in Thailand. In many cases, they are not dependent on some man to take care of them.

Again you are trying to make the case that these women do not want to live normal lives and have a husband or a family of their own. Are they just greedy capitalists that want to be single forever ?

Many of them are already married with children. Taking advantage of foreigners is their job.

I don't try to date predators so your question doesn't apply to me - but I would say that your bar girl "girlfriend" probably thinks her Thai boyfriend is better than you, yes.

Well said. Precisely so. The age of the woman is no guarantee they don't want money. Some of the older ones are in more dire straights for money than the younger ones and their expectations may be higher. I am afraid the OP has made some erroneous assumptions.

Your not making sense. Would it not be easier for an older Thai girl to find a decent farang guy that they like and can provide for them for the rest of their lives ? The older girls have less and less leverage so they are more likley to give a relationship an honest effort.

"If I was 50 and some beautiful 20 year old was showing interest in me I would just tell her to buzz off because I know she can do better then me and if she gets a chance she probably will."

Buzz Off!

You have cuddies!

I aint 50, but I imagine, I'd have some fun first, and then tell her to buz off

Edited by Dakhar

Many of them are already married with children. Taking advantage of foreigners is their job.

I don't try to date predators so your question doesn't apply to me - but I would say that your bar girl "girlfriend" probably thinks her Thai boyfriend is better than you, yes.

Possibly but the guys in those situations are naive and that does not mean that everyone needs to listen to their warnings and it does not discredit the legit girls out there.

I don't have a TGF although I keep in contact with a few of them. I am not willing to hold up my end of the deal so I am not in a relationship with anyone. I tell them that, it frustrates them.

I agree with the OP, but age has really nothing to do with stupidity. I would say only finding Thailand so late in life would be a sign to stay away already.

But yeah, it's incredible how anyone can think that love and attraction can happen with a 40 year age difference. Unless the girl has some daddy complex or gets physically turned on by money, then I don't see it happening.

I feel sorry for those old timers who are so love starved that they are willing to delude themselves into bankruptcy.

If you were 50?????? 20 year old, tell her to buzz off??????????

Are you gay? :):D:D

The way you write that, it would not surprise me if you are the next one writing one of these stupid warnings about Thai women.

"..I am not willing to hold up my end of the deal so I am not in a relationship with anyone. I tell them that, it frustrates them..."

I can imagine that it does, they put out, and perhaps expect more in return