A Cheap Hotel Around Sukhumvit 18 - 30?

PuddingDis

Does anyone know a cheap ( 750baht - 800baht max ) guesthouse/hotel in Sukhumvit 18 - 30, in a nice place safe for a child and a mother alone? Just for two months. I don't have enough money to go to an apartment because they always ask for one - three months advance, so unless anyone knows apartments for max 20,000 baht that doesn't ask for advances it's not an option.

Also, wifi in the room is a must. I do some work on my laptop, and I definitely need internet.

Thanks!

You can get a monthly rate of about 17-18K at the Premier Inn(02-261-0401) at Sukhumvit 20, which is about 250 meters from the beginning of the soi on the left hand side. Friends of mine stay there regularly at this rate. Pretty sure they don't charge a deposit. Heard they've dropped the daily rate to 800 baht a nite for the rooms in the back(no windows). Not a fancy hotel but you can get UBC there for another 1000 baht and its a safe area, although there is traffic there due to construction (lots of big trucks during the day). Tell them you know Herb (friend of mine who is in LA right now). If you intend to drop his name, PM me first so I can introduce you to another friend there.

If you are willing to go to Thonglo (Sukhumvit 38), there are a couple places closeby to the BTS station that I know of. One place, SK Mansion, charges about 7000 baht per month, altho they will ask for a deposit of 2 months.

Also at Sukhumvit 41, there is a place called River Court(02-662-4485/89), which has small units starting from 7500 baht per month; larger ones from 10,000 baht per month. From what I recall, they charge one month's deposit. They may charge a bit more for shorter stays but this is a nice quiet area, closeby to a small Top's supermarket, BTS Phrom Phong and also the Emporium Shopping Center. PM me if you want me to meet you there and help as they mainly speak thai there.

That I know of, all of these places have wi-fi.

Edited by mauiguy90

You can get a monthly rate of about 17-18K at the Premier Inn(02-261-0401) at Sukhumvit 20, which is about 250 meters from the beginning of the soi on the left hand side. Friends of mine stay there regularly at this rate. Pretty sure they don't charge a deposit. Heard they've dropped the daily rate to 800 baht a nite for the rooms in the back(no windows). Not a fancy hotel but you can get UBC there for another 1000 baht and its a safe area, although there is traffic there due to construction (lots of big trucks during the day). Tell them you know Herb (friend of mine who is in LA right now). If you intend to drop his name, PM me first so I can introduce you to another friend there.

That I know of, all of these places have wi-fi.

Premier Inn used to be a long term favourite of mine.

Some rooms have a bit of a smell from the toilet though.

Rates include breakfast.

Staff are very nice.

There was no wifi when I last used the place about 1 to 1.5 years ago

Premier Inn used to be a long term favourite of mine.

Some rooms have a bit of a smell from the toilet though.

Rates include breakfast.

Staff are very nice.

There was no wifi when I last used the place about 1 to 1.5 years ago

Like I said, Premier Inn is nothing fancy but it is safe and at a decent location, with a good core of regulars who "generally" are sociable enough to help newbees out. Although they may not have had wi-fi the last time you were there, there is wi-fi now. Some rooms are definitely better than others.

Edited by mauiguy90