Accomodation For Uk Settlement Spouse Visa

I am preparing my wife's UK settlement visa at the moment and need a bit of advise about accomodation when we get to the UK.

We plan to rent or maybe buy a house but we would like to do this together in the UK, in the meantime my parents (where I also live) will let us stay there until we find somewhwere, maybe just a couple of weeks.

They own the house with the mortgage paid, its a large 3 bedroom semi with usual kitchen, dining room, lounge, 1 bathroom....The only people who live there are my parents, they will use 1 bedroom, another room for me and the wife and the 3rd room for my 11 year old step son.

I understand this is ok according to the overcrowding regulations in the UK but will this be ok for the UK Visa Application process?

Also what doumentation would I need, a letter from my parents was ok when we applied for the tourist visa last year but this one is a settlement visa?

Apart from this the application seems strong, employment, proof of relationship & marriage, previous visa's and step son a UK citizen, what I dont want is it to be rejected just because of accomodation, would I be better renting somewhere just before we apply so it's stronger??

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Andy

Living with your parents is fine, provided there is at least one room for your exclusive use and another for your son.

I would suggest a letter of invitation from them, in which they describe the accommodation to show that there is room for you both. If at all possible they should also provide evidence of ownership (e.g. copy of the deeds) to show that they can grant you permission to live there.

See Maintenance and accommodation, especially Para MAA11 onward.