How Big Is A Rai Of Land? In Feet Or Yards

Measurements is easy:-

1 sq. wah = 4 sq. m. 1 acre = 2.471 rai or 43,560 sq. ft.

1 ngan = 100 wah (or 400 sq. m.) 1 hectare = 6.25 rai or 10,000 sq. m.

1 Rai = 4 Ngan (or 1600 sq. m.)

Hopefully others will be able to assist with pricing.

• Like 1

Cost per rai all depends upon location.

Village paddy goes around Bht 20,000 to Bht 30,000 depending upon road access.

Ready to build land in villages can add Bht 10,000 per rai.

Amphur ready to build may be Bht 1,000,000 or more (outside the main center).

Inside the amphur center could be up to Bht 5,000,000 per rai.

I remember hearing that 1 rai of land on the beach south of Hua Hin had an asking price of Bht 27,000,000 (maybe Tornado could confirm this).

So, there is really no answer to your question, IMHO.

Wife/I paid 500K Baht for 2 Ngan.... and then had to have it raised, which was another 100K Baht

The mother-in-law paid 700K Baht for 2 Ngan road front poperty.

All along clong 6.

I my humble opinion... that is costly, but hey the set the rules.

We've put on the market 12 rais of land we own in Koh Tao on the mountain at Chalok Baan Kao near Saan Jao beach, for 8 million baht, compared to prime land in Samui this is cheap.

But this is Koh Tao, not yet as developed as Samui, where I saw an advertising last week at 4 million baht a rai.

Location Location Location

Edited by gisele

We've put on the market 12 rais of land we own in Koh Tao on the mountain at Chalok Baan Kao near Saan Jao beach,  for 8 million baht, compared to prime land in Samui this is cheap.

But this is Koh Tao, not yet as developed as Samui, where I saw an advertising last week at 4 million baht a rai.

Location Location Location

Was offered 12 rai on Koh Phayam for 700,000 baht. Even less developed than Koh Tao, but an incredible deal, I thought, and the closest I have come to "buying" land. It was definitely a distress sell as the elderly widow, who had inherited it, was totally cash-less.

Thanks guys! Recently got a thai friend to check on the price of a Rai of land and was told 16 million baht! I fell off my chair laughing as well!

Its probably 16,000 baht per TW (400 TW = 1 Rai) and something has got lost in the translation. This is particularly the case if as you say its in an established village. Once land gets developed (and plots shrink), the standard size used in TW and not rai, given that most villages plots are well below one rai.

16,000b per TW is about par for the course in any half decent village these days on the outskirts of Pattaya.

Its probably 16,000 baht per TW (400 TW = 1 Rai) and something has got lost in the translation.  This is particularly the case if as you say its in an established village.  Once land gets developed (and plots shrink), the standard size used in TW and not rai, given that most villages plots are well below one rai.

16,000b per TW is about par for the course in any half decent village these days on the outskirts of Pattaya.

We paid 13,500 THB per square wah for a plot in Stage 1 of a new development near the Ambassador Hotel in Na-Jomtien.

Stage 2 has been released and is selling for 15,000 THB per square wah.

• 6 years later...

Smallish village around 10km outside of pattaya

Which village and which side of Suk.....Bang Saray can get 20Mil a Rai in the village, crossover Suk only a few hundred Meters and its only 2-3 Mil.....Siam country is reasonably priced although getting expensive but its a crap location.

Smallish village around 10km outside of pattaya

Which village and which side of Suk.....Bang Saray can get 20Mil a Rai in the village, crossover Suk only a few hundred Meters and its only 2-3 Mil.....Siam country is reasonably priced although getting expensive but its a crap location.

Regardless of which village - 7 years old posting, the prices will have changed dramatically in that time!!

• 1 month later...

1 Rai is 400 square meters

1 Rai is 400 Square Wah - 1600 SqM, but hey....if you want to buy some land give me a shout and we will use your method of calculation if it makes you happylaugh.png

Edited by LennyW
  • Thanks 1

• 6 years later...
On 4/29/2005 at 4:02 AM, Crossy said:

Measurements is easy:-

1 sq. wah = 4 sq. m. 1 acre = 2.471 rai or 43,560 sq. ft.

1 ngan = 100 wah (or 400 sq. m.) 1 hectare = 6.25 rai or 10,000 sq. m.

1 Rai = 4 Ngan (or 1600 sq. m.)

Hopefully others will be able to assist with pricing.

In other words, there are about 2.5 rai, in one acre, making it approximately 17,200 square feet, or .40 of an acre.

57 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

In other words, there are about 2.5 rai, in one acre, making it approximately 17,200 square feet, or .40 of an acre.

I know not these "feet" of which you speak ????

13 years after thread started still some uncertainty ? :cheesy:

And a rai of land in the Pattaya must have gone up significantly in the meantime. But thread starter seems to have things settled. Last visit four years ago.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1