Tyres

I have a set of outsize tyres on my Dmax which are coming to the end of their life. I brought them in Surat but wonder if I can get same or good equivalent in Samui.

They are 265/50 R20 Maxis Marauders on 20 inch Lenso Alloys.

Any pointers and approx costs would be appreciated.

Cheers Gator

I got a good deal from a place on the ring road almost opposite Charming Restaurtant between Chaweng and Lamai..If you drive from Chaweng towards Lamai down the hill and just passed the entrance to Jungle Club and Panyadee School there is a right turn and it's set back on your right there, he orderd mine from Bangkok and got them the next day, when I checked the price on the mainland there were the same so I was more than happy!!

Andy

Thanks everyone for all the leads, I'm on the trail!

The guy in front of Tesco said he would come back to me this morning but I'm still waiting. He indicated a price of around 7300 baht each.

I also went to the tyre place in Bangrak and he wanted 9000 Baht each!

The hunt continues.

Cheers Gator.

The only place that I will never use is Autoboy in Nathon.

Any reason why?? I was going to go there next week as it looks the cleanest most well looked after garage on the Island!

I mentioned that once before, I went there for a wheel alignment , balance. The price list is very clear as to the prices charged for cars, trucks, tyre size etc......

Job finished, the lady hands a bill twice the price,after asking why she drops it by 200Bht, but still way over the actual price. Asked why, she just shrugged her shoulders & laughed. She then turned around to her husband & said this is how you treat the stupid foreigners.Little did she know I understand.

Never again, go if you like, the job wasn't that great anyway, had redone in Surat. I only buy tyres & basic balance on the island, everything else, mainland.

Any reason why?? I was going to go there next week as it looks the cleanest most well looked after garage on the Island!

I mentioned that once before, I went there for a wheel alignment , balance. The price list is very clear as to the prices charged for cars, trucks, tyre size etc......

Job finished, the lady hands a bill twice the price,after asking why she drops it by 200Bht, but still way over the actual price. Asked why, she just shrugged her shoulders & laughed. She then turned around to her husband & said this is how you treat the stupid foreigners.Little did she know I understand.Never again, go if you like, the job wasn't that great anyway, had redone in Surat. I only buy tyres & basic balance on the island, everything else, mainland.

wow! what a be ach.

Job finished, the lady hands a bill twice the price,after asking why she drops it by 200Bht, but still way over the actual price. Asked why, she just shrugged her shoulders & laughed. She then turned around to her husband & said this is how you treat the stupid foreigners.Little did she know I understand.

Never again, go if you like, the job wasn't that great anyway, had redone in Surat. I only buy tyres & basic balance on the island, everything else, mainland.

Thank you for the warning, that is way way beyond two tier pricing it is obscene racial discrimination. I will excercise my own discrimination and shop elsewhere, they have just lost the profit on my 4 Toyota tyres so what they scammed from you doesnt look so clever now......

Edited by julesandmartin

The guy in front of Tescos turned out to be the best bet. His prices were the most competitive and 3000 Baht a tyre cheaper than the place at Bangrak. He also balanced the wheels no charge.

Thanks again for the leads...particularly Rooo.

The guy in front of Tescos turned out to be the best bet. His prices were the most competitive and 3000 Baht a tyre cheaper than the place at Bangrak. He also balanced the wheels no charge.

Thanks again for the leads...particularly Rooo.

Glad it all worked out .Your shout :)