Police Crackdown On Foreign Operated Sex Bars

Rimmer

sounds to me like:

''Drew Noyes, former three-term Expat Club leader and 13 year resident''

&

''Drew Noyes of PAPPA Legal Services in Pattaya''

is trying to get a little legal business to his door prompted by the ''Managing Director of the Pattaya Times Drew Noyes'' when he says:

''There are ways to protect yourself now,"

now i wonder if the Drew Noyes at P.A.P.P.A. could give these troubled farang sex bar owners a little legal advise?

oh maybe not, i just remembered lawyering is a protected occupation in Thailand, farangs can't do that job, can they?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect way to kill even more tourism and investors.

I wonder would be Pattaya be without all the "bad" bars? a nice empty space in Thailand?! LOL

PS. 99% of the bars in Pattaya have foreigners owners or so called backers

It would be a much better place. Your PS should read "foreign pimp" owners. Most live off the immoral earnings of the prostitutes they employ. eg bar fines (read pimping fees)

I believe the bar owners make their money from selling drinks not that bar fines. Im sure th bar fine is small percentage of what is made. Also most bars share this fee with the girl. one last thing, this fee is paid to compensate the bar owner for the girl he is paying a salary to be in the bar and get customers to buy drinks. Since she is not working but still getting her salary from him.

You sure are an expert on what is going one for someone that only has a few posts. If you know all the in's and out's I guess you have participated in this immoral conduct. guess you never knew that the catholic church used to condone prostitution and that allot of the money given to the church came from prostitutes, but you are right this is wrong shut them all down!!

I love the honesty in the title. It is only bars operated by foreigners they are shutting down.

Thai people have always known, that westeners are better at doing business. After all, it was the white man that invented capitalism. They have also always known how to deceive and copy. This is one of the elimination periods, where they stabilise their domestic economy by destabilising the foreign.

Isn't it obvious?

You really don't get out much, do you? Better get you head back in the pith helmet and stare knowingly into your gin pahit, old boy.

America and the West, the old world dying on it's knees.

China and India, the new capitalist empires. Times change old boy. I'm off to watch Zulu...

Chin, chin

p.s The Japanese will never take Singapore, they're all short-sighted and can't shoot staight :)

"Bar fines" are pimping fees, nothing less. These fees go to the bar owner for every time one of his

Bar girls (prostitutes) leaves to have sex with a customer. He is living off the earnings of prostitutes. Thailand has attracted thousands of these good- for- nothing farangs who would be shunned and looked down upon in their own countries. These kind of bars in turn attract the worst sort of sex tourists. All this gives a bad name to other farangs living here.

I really hope they are all deported.

You seem to know a lot about this perverted, disgusting trade for a man with one post to his nae.

I should do. I have lived here long enough to see Pattaya turned from a pleasant seaside resort into

a sex super market.

That would have to be pre-vietnam war????????

sounds to me like:

''Drew Noyes, former three-term Expat Club leader and 13 year resident''

&

''Drew Noyes of PAPPA Legal Services in Pattaya''

is trying to get a little legal business to his door prompted by the ''Managing Director of the Pattaya Times Drew Noyes'' when he says:

''There are ways to protect yourself now,"

now i wonder if the Drew Noyes at P.A.P.P.A. could give these troubled farang sex bar owners a little legal advise?

oh maybe not, i just remembered lawyering is a protected occupation in Thailand, farangs can't do that job, can they?

He couldn't help you in a crisis, for sure. It's the people who don't shout about their infuence or connections, or who are less high-profile, that are usually the more helpful in a genuine crisis.

Self-promoters in Pattaya tend to rely on the goodwill and patronage of others, and their flattery only gets them so far with the important Thais, who respect genuine power, and that doesn't come with only owning a newspaper and flunkying yourself around them.

In fact, that only makes you look weaker to them.

"Bar fines" are pimping fees, nothing less. These fees go to the bar owner for every time one of his

Bar girls (prostitutes) leaves to have sex with a customer. He is living off the earnings of prostitutes. Thailand has attracted thousands of these good- for- nothing farangs who would be shunned and looked down upon in their own countries. These kind of bars in turn attract the worst sort of sex tourists. All this gives a bad name to other farangs living here.

I really hope they are all deported.

You seem to know a lot about this perverted, disgusting trade for a man with one post to his nae.

I should do. I have lived here long enough to see Pattaya turned from a pleasant seaside resort into

a sex super market.

That would have to be pre-vietnam war????????

My thoughts exactly.

He been here long time.

These kind of bars in turn attract the worst sort of sex tourists.

At the risk of coming to the defense of sex tourists ...but if these bars attract the worst sort of sex tourists, where do the "good sex tourists" go for their daily sex? Tesco Lotus?

Sorry, Mr. Tourist who has a sad, old bag of a wife who won't shut up and spends your money like it's going out of style, you are going to have to wait 2 hours until the bar closes to make love to the nice 30 year old girl you've been buying drinks for all night. Looks like a few more games of Jannga! :)

These kind of bars in turn attract the worst sort of sex tourists.

At the risk of coming to the defense of sex tourists ...but if these bars attract the worst sort of sex tourists, where do the "good sex tourists" go for their daily sex? Tesco Lotus?

7Eleven's a good one and generally free so long as you have an okay resort to stay in, over 5ft 10 and under 100 kilos!

i doubt it so....

how do you figure that.... 99% are foreign owned or backed?

I wonder would be Pattaya be without all the "bad" bars? a nice empty space in Thailand?! LOL

PS.

LOL

May be you do not live here or get to meet too many people, but i think there are only a handfull of bars that are 100% Thai owned

But i am talking about bigger, busy bars not a bungalow shack with few chairs.

From what i know there most on Walking Street are foreign owned or backed, including some of the biggest clubs.

Right now i can only think of Happy GoGo and Worldwide Gogo being Thai Owned.

You obviously dont know a lot then

i doubt it so....

how do you figure that.... 99% are foreign owned or backed?

PS.

LOL

May be you do not live here or get to meet too many people, but i think there are only a handfull of bars that are 100% Thai owned

But i am talking about bigger, busy bars not a bungalow shack with few chairs.

From what i know there most on Walking Street are foreign owned or backed, including some of the biggest clubs.

Right now i can only think of Happy GoGo and Worldwide Gogo being Thai Owned.

You obviously dont know a lot then

Seconded. That's barking.

Edited by sharecropper

"Where does the money come from?" In general from idiots with more money than sense who think (95% of the time) that they can profitably run a bar in Pattaya or Bangkok.

"Where does the money go?" Key money for bar to start, brown envelopes to the BIB, health inspectors etc with any left stolen by staff.

Mugs game.

indeed

I love the honesty in the title. It is only bars operated by foreigners they are shutting down.

Thai people have always known, that westeners are better at doing business. After all, it was the white man that invented capitalism. They have also always known how to deceive and copy. This is one of the elimination periods, where they stabilise their domestic economy by destabilising the foreign.

Isn't it obvious?

You really don't get out much, do you? Better get you head back in the pith helmet and stare knowingly into your gin pahit, old boy.

America and the West, the old world dying on it's knees.

China and India, the new capitalist empires. Times change old boy. I'm off to watch Zulu...

Chin, chin

p.s The Japanese will never take Singapore, they're all short-sighted and can't shoot staight :)

By the way I don't think shutting down a few foreign owned xxxxx bars in Thailand is going to destablise any foreign economy but it might be a minor dent in the Thai economy? Nothing to worry about as anyone who's interested just go to any Thai Karaoke bar in any small provincial town and you'll get served!

Obviously you know the Japanese took Singapore but they had to fight for it! They walked straight into Thailand with guns in the 1940s and no visas without a drop of blood being spilt other than the death/work camps they set up on Thai soil for the allies. Zulu Dawn, great film. Must be as Micky Cain's in it!

Edited by Rooo
Rooo.

There are ways to protect yourself now," Managing Director of the Pattaya Times Drew Noyes added.

Hmm, I wonder what those ways are? :)

And when will they "crack down" on the domestic prostitution problem? Or is that asking too much?

There are ways to protect yourself now," Managing Director of the Pattaya Times Drew Noyes added.

Hmm, I wonder what those ways are? :)

And when will they "crack down" on the domestic prostitution problem? Or is that asking too much?

Is there anything wrong with it? If your good at football but bad at maths you'll never be mathmatician so you become a footballer! If your good in bed why not become a prostitute? It's just another physical job with a limited carrier span where you use your body and sporting ability like any sport.

We're all prostitutes and all sell the talents we have in what ever line of work we do so the key factor is regulation to make sure those ladies or men involved in selling thier flesh are regulated so they aren't mistreated or underage. Eve was the first prostitute over 2 thousand years ago and all she got paid was an apple from Adam so wot ain't broken don't fix!

What?

Crackdown?

Who will be cracked?

Who will go down?

Who will be cracked down?

Pattaya is not the right place for Sex Bars!

I been here in Thailand for many years, and I have never seen these sex bars.

My life in Thailand is perfect: no bars, no sex.

It's all in the mind, you fool!

Be careful of what you read, see and hear.

Why are you all adulterating my mind?

hehehehe..hohohoho...hahahahaha.

Like every one of these huge TV discussions, i love the fact that most of the posters have less than ten posts to their names.........

I don't think half of you have a clue about anything.

Sadly it's why I don't visit so much nowadays.

:)

Eve was the first prostitute over 2 thousand years ago and all she got paid was an apple from Adam...

Not being a religious man, your post brought up a couple of questions.

According to most religions, it was indeed more than 2,000 years ago. Quite a bit more. But I won't quibble on that point.

But, how do you figure Eve was a prostitute? As best as I can recall, she had no other options so was faithful to her husband and had a bunch of kids with him.

Also, if I recall the myth correctly, she took the apple herself (with encouragement of the serpent) and offered it to Adam.

I'm not offended by your remarks, heck, I believe Eve was a scrawny little monkey on the African savanna. But no matter how sexually profligate monkeys may be, I don't think you can call instinctual actions being a prostitute. So, maybe I've missed some little religious point. Please enlighten me.

Sex has been for sale as far back as history goes and it will be on sale the same distance forward i guess - all these crackdowns in any country do is move it around. Its time that we all recognised that for many people sex is important, important enough to pay for.. there is such a thing as sex for sex's sake completely outside any notion of romantic involvement. No doubt the authorities are geared up to provide the sex workers with alternative jobs that will give them the same sort of income....yeah right

I suspect as usual the hand of some do gooder western nation behind all this - probably the same one that is causing the persecution of gay people in Uganda........ironically the same nation whose armed forces were responsible for the explosion of the sex industry in Thailand in the first place.

If this is effective which, I seriously doubt it will be, then Thailand will be losing even more tourists to Cambodia and Vietnam - I thought the TAT were seeking to attract high rollers duh the high rollers will take their cash elsewhere if they cant entertain a pretty Thai 19 year old (boy / girl or inbetween)

Sensible countries recognise that there is value in legalising - they can tax the incomes, target health resources and protect both workers and clients

Currently 1249 ppl reading this; must be a vital issue :)

The barfine model is (in my opinion, and without being a lawyer) a pretty safe legal way of running a bar, and one that would be mighty hard to knock in any court. The ladies are service personnel (you know -- bringing you drinks :D ), and if they want time off, the owner needs to be compensated for salaries paid. And I can't see any law in sight that would dictate that a bar owner has to keep "his" ladies in reign while they're off work...

Let's just not go into top-less, bottom-less & everything-else-less while they're AT work :D .

Yeah, right. Save the legal arguments for a Western or Westernized country.

In Thailand, the letter of the law (and rule of law) only matters when the "right" person wants it to.

You've touched on a much bigger issue that is the root of many of Thailand's problems, imo.

In a related matter, there will be an Interpol office opening in Pattaya to help catch more than 2,000 foreigners wanted in Thailand on various charges.

Forget about the proposed 'crack down' the interesting thing to come out of this is that if (and I would suggest it is a big if) an Interpol office is opened and fully functional how much cooperation they get from the MIB and what will happen if the people wanted are arrested and start making supported allegations of corruption against the MIB!

How will Interpol handle that? I think it will result in rapid requests for a transfer a change of identity from many MIB!

I have no problem with Interpol arresting and removing criminals like murderers, rapists, tax cheats, etc. I don't know where the 2000 figure came from, perhaps they left a zero or two off? :)

Now all you "Orchids of the Night" it's on you to kick asses. Or do you really want to be exploited further by your older brothers, younger brothers .... not to mention ...

Stand up and kick their phony asses, all they do is exploiting you. One more time they are trying to hoax you and all Farangs, which is the same class in their "Macho" mind. Stand up and give this country a direction! Most of you are just to precious to be abused by these slaveholders, and I do not mean the owner of the bar you work in.