Clothing Donation Boxes

canincm

I tried the search function, found two topics, but couldn't open either of them! I have some men's and ladies' clothes that I'd like to donate to charity. Does anyone know where I can go to do this? If I have enough, will they come to get them?

Edited by canincm

The Winter Clothing Appeal, open all year round, has a collection box in the lobby of the Tessabarn (Municipal Hall) on the river, near the White Chedi and the US Consulate.

You can go in any time during office hours (even Sundays). The box is just inside the main door on the right (or was 3 weeks ago!). No English spoken here.

All clothing, clean and dry, is very welcome, children's sizes especially. Even unwanted lengths of cloth can be made into clothes or 'baby wraps' by women in rural villages, both Thai and hilltribe.

If the area near Thapae Gate is more convenient, unwanted clothing can be left at Chiangmai Commercial College along the moat, south of the Gate, the big place with the white gateposts. You can drive inside and leave the clothing at reception immediately on your left. English is spoken here. Say it is for Ajaan Ganniga, the lady who organises the Appeal.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness. It is still very cold at high altitude in those villages!