What No Rugby Forum!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would love to be in Cardiff this weekend.....

all shaping up to be a great quarter finals weekend;

South Africa vs Wales; I cant see Wales getting past SA in this one, unless they infringe too often and Biggar kicks the welsh team to glory. This will be a great match up, who knows the welsh fans travelling down may get them over the line? Boks by 7

All Blacks vs France; Will the demons of 2007 come back to haunt us AB supporters? Typically, the frogs lift when they play the ABs during the pointy end of RWCs, one point margin final 2011, two point margin in qf 2007. Will probably be close for the first 65mins I reckon before the ABs start firing. Our bench has got plenty of depth and firepower, but then again, if the French have that one game in them, this will be it. ABs by 15

Ireland vs Argentina; Gee normally you would pick Ireland for this one without hesitating, but with injuries and suspension, its looks kinda shaky eh?

Argentina has a half decent chance here I reckon, Argentina by 1 biggrin.png

Australia vs Scotland; A bit easier to pick this one, Scotland should hold the aussies off until the 2nd half i feel, then the flood gates will open. Australia by 20

looking forward to it!!

anyone else have any predictions? smile.png

South Africa vs Wales; I cant see Wales getting past SA in this one, unless they infringe too often and Biggar kicks the welsh team to glory. This will be a great match up, who knows the welsh fans travelling down may get them over the line? Boks by 7

All Blacks vs France; Will the demons of 2007 come back to haunt us AB supporters? Typically, the frogs lift when they play the ABs during the pointy end of RWCs, one point margin final 2011, two point margin in qf 2007. Will probably be close for the first 65mins I reckon before the ABs start firing. Our bench has got plenty of depth and firepower, but then again, if the French have that one game in them, this will be it. ABs by 15

Ireland vs Argentina; Gee normally you would pick Ireland for this one without hesitating, but with injuries and suspension, its looks kinda shaky eh?

Australia vs Scotland; A bit easier to pick this one, Scotland should hold the aussies off until the 2nd half i feel, then the flood gates will open. Australia by 20

looking forward to it!!

Your prediction would result in a southern hemisphere The Rugby Championship semi-finals ... nothing wrong with that!

looking forward to it!!

yes donnyboy that would be a great weekend,first off a few pints of brains SA [scull attack] in the arms park,then onto the match,after clarks pie,chips,gravy,

on the pavement in caroline st.then finish up in the ship and pilot off bute st.

SA VS WALES agree.

ABS VS FRANCE agree.

IRELAND VS ARGENTINA could be some arge.bargy. paddy does it.

AUST.VS SCOTLAND big upset as the jocks hit them with some big HAGGIS.

looking forward to it!!

yes donnyboy that would be a great weekend,first off a few pints of brains SA [scull attack] in the arms park,then onto the match,after clarks pie,chips,gravy,

on the pavement in caroline st.then finish up in the ship and pilot off bute st.

SA VS WALES agree.

ABS VS FRANCE agree.

did someone say Caroline st and a Clarks pie washed down with a few jars of Brains ?

will be interesting to see how much of a welcome the Boks give Dan Bigger and can the Argies put one over on the Irish. although with a top coach like Schmidt and his attention to detail, i think they will only have themselves to blame if they let this chance pass them by. big injury concerns though !

as for the other two games i would say they should go to form, although you never know. it has been a great World cup so as far as seeing how far some teams have come on.

Edited by tigerfish

looking forward to it!!

SA VS WALES agree.

ABS VS FRANCE agree.

did someone say Caroline st and a Clarks pie washed down with a few jars of Brains ?

will be interesting to see how much of a welcome the Boks give Dan Bigger and can the Argies put one over on the Irish. although with a top coach like Schmidt and his attention to detail, i think they will only have themselves to blame if they let this chance pass them by. big injury concerns though !

as for the other two games i would say they should go to form, although you never know. it has been a great World cup so as far as seeing how far some teams have come on.

The Welsh defense was good till the end, they played with so much passion, but it wasnt to be...

But the game of the weekend so far would have to be ABs v France, that was a near perfect performance from the men in black tonight, a full 80min clinical execution, played at pace winning ball at the breakdown, passes held, and to hold France scoreless in the second half... definitely in top gear tonight!!

do you remember the film? THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES.

well i watched a remake of it this morning

THE FLYING MACHINES WHERE THE ALL BLACKS.

THE MEN THEY WERE MAGNIFICENT.

with 10minutes to go i was thinking we might see the first 100point score.

as for the welsh game,how wrong i was,they gave the springboks more than a game,but also gave them toooooooooooo many penalties.and should have won it.

a very brave display,i did think the ENGLISH REF.done us no favours.

as for the welsh game,how wrong i was,they gave the springboks more than a game,but also gave them toooooooooooo many penalties.and should have won it.

wayne barnes were you having dinner with sep blatter fri.night.

i have some news from the boy's back home,YOUR NOT WELCOME IN WALES.

WHAT WAS THAT WAYNE?sorry.gif

Typical welsh response, ungracious in victory ungracious when they lose as always, let's blame the English

They luck a narrow win against a shambolic England and suddenly they're WC title contenders. England were not even WC title contenders

Wales were 2nd best for the whole game and SA dominated the 2nd half (check the territory stats), the only surprise is the margin was not greater

Wales got 1 point ahead then gave us a one dimensional warrenball snorefest (the only strengh they have). The highlight of the half (in fact the game) was a peach of a try by Du Preez

That the losers of the southern hemisphere championship beat the winners of the 6 nations really says it all and tells us where the welsh sit in the world game

The brilliant Ireland Argentina game shows what can happen when you play to win

If anyone can feel aggrieved with the ref that'd be the Scots not the Welsh

one question WHO THE HELL THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA FOR AN ENGLISH MAN TO REFEREE THE WELSH GAME.

just to remind you who sent the english host's on their way.

and as i predicted that the scots would surprise the ausie's, a penalty with seconds to go for an ausie win was so predictable.

YOU CAN THINK WHAT YOU WANT but its there for all the british paying public to SEE for themselves.

one question WHO THE HELL THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA FOR AN ENGLISH MAN TO REFEREE THE WELSH GAME.

just to remind you who sent the english host's on their way.

and as i predicted that the scots would surprise the ausie's, a penalty with seconds to go for an ausie win was so predictable.

YOU CAN THINK WHAT YOU WANT but its there for all the british paying public to SEE for themselves.

More to the point, who the hell thought it was good idea holding the WC in England chai mai ?

Lol crying into your Brain's much ?

England were deservedly dumped out of the WC by Australia who played a blinder and looked genuine title contenders that day, not so much against the scots who you can genuinely feel for.

I can handle being beaten by a patently better team on the day, apparently not a welsh trait

Overall the northern hemi teams have been outclassed by the southern hemi teams, lessons need to be learn't before 2019

well lets look at whats left.

argentina after 30mins.againt ireland i had seen enough,its off to bed. seems like they have surprised everyone,against OZ.that is goner be one game.OZ.are goner have to UP their game.

SA.they need nelson mandela [god] to help them,so who is it goner B. A OR A.AGAINST AB.

one thing they wont have at twickers is BRAINS SA.

ALL BOYO'S ARE WELCOME AT MY WATERING HOLE,CIDER ONLY.

TAFF.

Edited by meatboy

Losing to SA simply made me sad. I don't think we deserved to win that game ( I too can look at stats), but that doesn't mean that we couldn't have won the game. In fact it was only some great thinking by SA in the final scrum and some incompetent defense, by a Welsh player with very little defensive ability, that meant SA won.

Wales played some great attacking rugby in that game, and, to me SA, are as guilty of power play as any team in the world. Everybody knew how this game would go; it would be physical with lots of kicking.

Wales could also have beaten Aus, but they didn't deserve to, simply because they could not break down a team with 13 players. if your theory is correct then wales actually did deserve to win that game because of the stats.

I'm not complaining about any of the losses for Wales, we simply fell shot (though only a little bit). SH sides play with an intensity that we aspire to, and that is why we try to play SH sides as much as possible. You are consistently playing at a higher level than us, and I take my hat of to you

There really need to be 2 world cups in future. The top tier world cup (island teams and SA, NZ, Oz, Arg) and a minnows world cup for the northern hemisphere teams.

Great, Then you could keep your posturing to yourselves. Though, personally, I would miss the games as I enjoy watching SH rugby. The players at least seem to have some classcoffee1.gif

Titchy ^

It really is the southern hemisphere's cup apart from one aberration where England fluked it.

Yeah, it must be getting you all down having to transport it all the way back home all of the time.

By the way "Tetchy"

There really need to be 2 world cups in future. The top tier world cup (island teams and SA, NZ, Oz, Arg) and a minnows world cup for the northern hemisphere teams.

Have to laugh at this...a last minute win by a point against Scotland says it all.

Very close game and well matched sides out there yesterday.

Kudos to both teams for a great match.

do you remember the film? THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES.

well i watched a remake of it this morning

THE FLYING MACHINES WHERE THE ALL BLACKS.

THE MEN THEY WERE MAGNIFICENT.

with 10minutes to go i was thinking we might see the first 100point score.

Nigel Owens made the game flow and it really made a difference on how we played, super fast and offloads a-plenty

...............This already exists, and we play for it every year, its called "The Rugby Championships"..........whistling.gif