What No Rugby Forum!

some great sportsmanship displayed by SBW....

Following the tough semi-final against South Africa, Sonny Bill Williams was quick to demonstrate some good Kiwi sportsmanship to a fallen opponent - and prove his haters wrong yet again

GettyImages-494071616_620x310.jpg

Williams is seen speaking with and embracing a dejected Kriel, who sits in shock leaning against the goal post. He then helps the young player to his feet with a handshake.

GettyImages-494071636_620x310.jpg

12065966_1222627187751125_80663016723436

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bastard gremlins sound hacked into again.angry.png got to be a local cable co.i shall be reporting it to gmmz.today.

apart from no commentary good hard fought game,SA played well but lost it at the half way mark in the second half.

lets get behind the argy bargy's.

advance Australia line speed and Pocock a long with Hooper i would be very worried, Kiwis ?

a stronger scrum and a back line that you just don't know what is going to do next.

still at 8/1 before the tournament started, each way, i wonder what the weather forecast is for next Saturday ? biggrin.png

Any neutrals barracking for Australia tonight?.....

.facepalm.gif

Then they'd not be neutrals.

I'd misremembered by Tenpole Tudor as

"With one accord

They all cry out", with reference to the refereeing (about which I can't complain, try though I might)

but according to sources, it's "With one big shout they all cry out"

What an epic game to watch, had a feeling the wallabies would bounce back from their last dire outing.

But all credit to Argentina they left nothing on the field and the only way is up for them, 6 nations would have taken them down, rwc has brought them up.

We just dont see games like that from northen teams

Cant see the wallabies turning the ab's over tho..…maybe if mccaw is banned ?

advance Australia line speed and Pocock a long with Hooper i would be very worried, Kiwis ?

a stronger scrum and a back line that you just don't know what is going to do next.

still at 8/1 before the tournament started, each way, i wonder what the weather forecast is for next Saturday ? biggrin.png

the ABs will have worked out the Pocock-Hooper combos (i hope), we just need more bodies at the breakdown, I think they stood off too much in the loss in Sydney 27-19.

Agree, the Argies gave the Aussies problems at scrum time and hopefully the ABs will capitalise on that.

We do have a more potent backline, although Ashley-Cooper score 3 good tries, Folau looked off his game. Foley and Genia are the key thou, If we can shut them down there, we should have a decent chance to close it out.

The weather will be interesting indeed, lets hope its dry! AND the ref isnt whistle happy.

What an epic game to watch, had a feeling the wallabies would bounce back from their last dire outing.

But all credit to Argentina they left nothing on the field and the only way is up for them, 6 nations would have taken them down, rwc has brought them up.

We just dont see games like that from northen teams

Cant see the wallabies turning the ab's over tho..…maybe if mccaw is banned ?

Argentina can only get better, and playing in the RC has def helped them.

The only Northern team that has any enterprise and passion would probably be Japan, pity they dont have the size just yet. biggrin.png

McCaw has been given the all clear to play in the final btw thumbsup.gif

The ABs defense is pretty good as we saw in the semi final, we have to watch our penalty count thou, as that nearly cost us that game.

There are no weak spots in this New Zealand team and not a single player that you would clearly swap for one of the Australians. The Australian's will have to play an extraordinary game to defeat a New Zealand team that can win playing a good game. Underneath all the nerves and the cliches stating "play what's in front of you:; "one game at time"; "take nothing for granted"; etc.... etc..... etc..... it is deep, deep, down a match up between expectation and hope. Of course, that's not something that should, could or would be said but that is what is laying there silently but deeply felt, even unconsciously acknowledged, beneath all the words from coaches, players and supporters. New Zealand deserve to win this - but never forget Little Bill.

There are no weak spots in this New Zealand team and not a single player that you would clearly swap for one of the Australians. The Australian's will have to play an extraordinary game to defeat a New Zealand team that can win playing a good game. Underneath all the nerves and the cliches stating "play what's in front of you:; "one game at time"; "take nothing for granted"; etc.... etc..... etc..... it is deep, deep, down a match up between expectation and hope. Of course, that's not something that should, could or would be said but that is what is laying there silently but deeply felt, even unconsciously acknowledged, beneath all the words from coaches, players and supporters. New Zealand deserve to win this - but never forget Little Bill.

The talk so far is how the Oz combo flankers Pocock & Hooper or AKA "Pooper" will dominate the breakdown, we shall see

I have not heard any cockiness from the Australian press. Cheika was not being provocative when he said that the "kiwis have the Australian's measure" just speaking plainly. I do not think the usual bravado is being thrown around for this one. Most seem realistic, and understand the difficulty of beating the ABs but hope it will be a case of making the ABs produce their best on the day. The wallabies will be better than the second leg of the Bledisloe though.

Theres no cockiness but the mind games have started. The Aussies have refused to call the NZ team All Blacks instead saying we're facing NZ.

Same tactics Woodwood employed during the Lions tour to NZ, well, we know how that worked out eh?

The ABs won't be sucked in to any mind games, Hansen's too street smart for that stuff.

The oz media is recycling the McGrubb story again thou.

Slight tangent....

Historically, RWC finals have been won on defense and this final wont be any different.

Syd.jpg

good luck with this tactic ozzie, dont think it will work, it will only add extra resolve and determination from The ABs, but you will probably upset plenty of AB supporters who see McCaw god-like.

The ABs have plenty of reasons to finish out on top without this carry on, no team has ever won back to back RWC, a number of players McCaw,Carter,Mealamu, C.Smiith, Nonu last ever game in the Black jersey, win over our Ozzie foe.... They will be up for this game, and it will be massive!!!

THREE TIMES IN A ROW! I can't believe it - we lost the game against Australia again on the replay tonight. I might cancel my rugby channel subscription if this goes on much longer.

The commentators were likening the game to the 1991 Australia win over Ireland, but to be honest, I remember thinking, when Ireland scored their last score, thinking "Oh No! TOO EARLY! Australia are bound to score again from here..." Whereas a fortnight ago, with 90 seconds to go, I was thinking - play well, and we can still win this.

It's been a far more enthralling world cup than four years ago - eight years ago we had the shock win of England over Australia, France over New Zealand - wheat a night that was, watching the game in a pub in Paris, and Argentina beating France (twice) and Scotland on their way to the third place, Alessandro Troncon's tears as Scotland scraped throughto the QFs by the squeakiest of margins...

The third-fourth play-off is too late for me, which is a shame, as it will be a great game between two contrasting styles, and two evenly matched teams, based on their record this year.

I'll stay up for the Final - I'm guessing the pub will be heaving, and evenly split in support of the two teams. It's been a great world cup so far, and I hope the last match is a fitting climax.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

looking forward to what should be some great rugby.

Complete with Thai commentary!! biggrin.png

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WEEEEEEEEEEEcrazy.gif EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

what thai's are goner be watching boks vs pumas at 3AM.SATURDAY kappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

No predictions meatboy?

Just an aside, ITV should be showing the games live.

Watched some of the pool games no problems, just set up a thingy to make them think you are in the UK, and no kappppppp eeeeee. Oóioooo ing going on ;)

No predictions meatboy?

Just an aside, ITV should be showing the games live.

Watched some of the pool games no problems, just set up a thingy to make them think you are in the UK, and no kappppppp eeeeee. Oóioooo ing going on wink.png

me and mrs.meat right now wish we were back in the uk. OUR BELOVED IS NOT WELL.

so its goner be no sound so he can get his sleep.

Edited by meatboy

Donnyboy, I do the same with ITV, using browsec. Works fine.

My prediction, based on my local abbot's last bowel movement, is ABs by 4, two tries to one.

An Abbot's bowel movement? Tops! What would I guve for a pint of any Greene King bowel-loosener? Since I'll be drinking Guinness, I have to go with you on the All-Blacks, though I'll be cheering for Australia, I think

i think it's well out of order on you guys having to stay up, especially if you are back home, as it's going to be around 3 in the morning when the final gets under way..

the reason, ITV dare not move some talent less freak show, probably with all the hallmarks of Simon Cowell's backing, i would imagine.

glad to see Nigel Owens get the nod and if you get the chance have peak at the documentary made about his life by BBC Wales.

and just one thing i'd like to know that's been bugging me since the start of the tournament. why isn't Israel Folau taking on some of the kicking duties for the Aussies ?

Rugby World Cup Final: New Zealand v Australia

On ITV from 3:00pm to 6:45pm

John Inverdale presents live coverage of the Rugby World Cup final from Twickenham. Old rivals New Zealand and Australia have both lifted the World Cup twice but have never met in the final before until now. Jonny Wilkinson, Michael Lynagh and Sean Fitzpatrick join John in the studio, and pitchside analysis comes from Francois Pienaar, Clive Woodward and Brian O'Driscoll. With commentary by Nick Mullins, Ben Kay and Lawrence Dallaglio.

Times are UK so in Thailand 10.00pm onward.

Edited by oncearugge

DP, you were right earlier re 'let the games begin". Now assisted by the English media and some good camera work it appears that Aust team plans have left the training park.

I have heard that too about the , don't say ABs. I don't know what thaat is about if true. School boy psyche stuff i suppose but i did like the kiwi coach's reply!!

GL tomorrow morning everyone!

2DF0CE7000000578-3296867-image-a-65_1446

not my fav source but..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-3296867/Rugby-World-Cup-final-Australia-reveal-strategy-notes-rattle-Kieran-Read-target-Blacks-wingers-leaked.html

My prediction, based on my local abbot's last bowel movement, is ABs by 4, two tries to one.

An Abbot's bowel movement? Tops! What would I guve for a pint of any Greene King bowel-loosener? Since I'll be drinking Guinness, I have to go with you on the All-Blacks, though I'll be cheering for Australia, I think
really? I would have thought you would be cheering for the ABs since the wallaby robbery of the Scots

i think it's well out of order on you guys having to stay up, especially if you are back home, as it's going to be around 3 in the morning when the final gets under way..

the reason, ITV dare not move some talent less freak show, probably with all the hallmarks of Simon Cowell's backing, i would imagine.

glad to see Nigel Owens get the nod and if you get the chance have peak at the documentary made about his life by BBC Wales.

and just one thing i'd like to know that's been bugging me since the start of the tournament. why isn't Israel Folau taking on some of the kicking duties for the Aussies ?

it will be an early morning game back here in nz, 5am kick off.

Most of the country will be awake.

DP, you were right earlier re 'let the games begin". Now assisted by the English media and some good camera work it appears that Aust team plans have left the training park.

I have heard that too about the , don't say ABs. I don't know what thaat is about if true. School boy psyche stuff i suppose but i did like the kiwi coach's reply!!

GL tomorrow morning everyone!

2DF0CE7000000578-3296867-image-a-65_1446

not my fav source but..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-3296867/Rugby-World-Cup-final-Australia-reveal-strategy-notes-rattle-Kieran-Read-target-Blacks-wingers-leaked.html

I don't think that will change anything from the ABs. They will have their game plan as well. Just replicate what they did at Eden Park a couple months ago.

Get on the front foot, faster at the breakdown and clear the ball quickly and add a few offloads and apply pressure. And most importantly, don't give away penalties.

ABs by 12

really? I would have thought you would be cheering for the ABs since the wallaby robbery of the Scots

If we'd been by far the better team we might have had cause to grumble, but as it was, Australia had the good fortune to win it, and there's some debate as to whether the penalty might even have been justified. If we'd caught the ball at that lineout we'd probably have won the game; it was our own fault for giving Joubert the opportunity to make a mistake.

It's more frustrating seeing Argentina bench-marked against South Africa - I look forward to our next game against them.

Anyway, should be a good game tonight - I might take a sleep beforehand. I might even start drinking lager and lime for the match...

dinnaebedaft, Cowboy

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the match, and I expect the pub to be heaving

SC

decisive period of play from 31 minutes in. forward pass, 3 points. knock on and blocking, try 5 points and 2 points for the conversion.

all blacks 10 points to the good. not what i wanted to see and the officials IMHO have just killed what should have been a great spectacle of a final.