What No Rugby Forum!

38 - 4 was a bit of a humiliation for Leeds, but it was a massive step up from last week when they went down 56 - 12 to Widnes.

SImilarly, St Helens' 38-12 loss to Sydney Roosters was a big step up from their last week drubbing 44-10 by Salford.

Most of the televised games are on too late for me - I've only just finished watching the Leeds - North Queensland game.

Back to the League next week...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about that SC. 30-12 down at half time,30-30 at full time,hang on there's 5seconds to go,surely he's not going to try a drop goal.

the balls in the air when the hooter goes right between the sticks devils30 wolves31.

devils sick as a bar girl not off for a week.bah.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Painful day if you are Welsh. England deserved the win, but we were absolute rubbish in that first half

5more minutes thats all we wanted, forget about the first 60.it must have been seeing who the ref.was.never mind the look on the england bench 2 minutes from the end PRICELESS.

The weekend started well with Warrington winning in Perpignan in the last few minutes. The Wales game was great, but too late for me to watch live.

I watched the Scotland game at home, because the pub doesn't have a sofa to hide behind, but I thought it was a great game and both teams played better than they have done in the tournament so far. It's been a long wait...

SC

Nice to see Scotland replicate some of the form which saw us lose narrowly to the Aussies in the World Cup.

Better late than never.

What I particularly liked about it was that we didn't lose.

No need for excuses, or whinging, no need to look on the bright side or focus on the positives...

Focusing on the positives, I watched the game from home, in case I had to hide behind the sofa, so I remember much more of the game than if I'd watched from the pub...

Painful day if you are Welsh. England deserved the win, but we were absolute rubbish in that first half

5more minutes thats all we wanted, forget about the first 60.it must have been seeing who the ref.was.never mind the look on the england bench 2 minutes from the end PRICELESS.

Mmm, so all you needed was 5 mins added on to beat a 14 man England after you shipped 19 unaswered points. Maybe if Wales had not been so comprehensively outplayed in the 1st 60 they could have come back, som num na

Gotta love the look on these faces :-)

post-52548-14579624198223_thumb.jpgpost-52548-14579624346182_thumb.jpg

Nice to see Scotland replicate some of the form which saw us lose narrowly to the Aussies in the World Cup.

Better late than never.

What I particularly liked about it was that we didn't lose.

No need for excuses, or whinging, no need to look on the bright side or focus on the positives...

Focusing on the positives, I watched the game from home, in case I had to hide behind the sofa, so I remember much more of the game than if I'd watched from the pub...

Yeah, good to see Scotland win that one. Must admit I thought the RWC match against Oz was a flash in the pan, and I had France down to win, but hey hats off especially from where they were not 2 yrs ago

For an Englishman was a great game to watch and good to see some of the welsh fans can be gracious in defeat.

England were very good in the first half and could have had 20+ points on the board. A careless giveaway try and some unecessary substitutions undoubtedly unsettled them and a kind of panic set in.

They're a team in transition right now, if Eddie Jones can develop them to play the full 80 as they played the 1st half.........

Re Marler:

Call me a reactionary recidivist, but surely "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me".

The only person a player should be punished for abusing on the rugby field should be the referee. And his assistants. And maybe the TMO. In fact, particularly the TMO, who can take as long as he wants to lip read what you said...

Next thing you'll be saying we can't call him a typical English c***

SC

Mmm, so all you needed was 5 mins added on to beat a 14 man England after you shipped 19 unaswered points. Maybe if Wales had not been so comprehensively outplayed in the 1st 60 they could have come back, som num na

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1457962419.299550.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1457962434.097688.jpg

can you remember when you last saw them smileing.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1457962419.299550.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1457962434.097688.jpg

can you remember when you last saw them smileing.

Yeah got to admit it's been a while, wasn't really a fan of Lancaster's culture but he did oversee a win against New Zealand in Dec 2012 so that was probably the last time I saw England really smiling. Remind me when was the last time you guys beat New Zealand ?

The time before that was even longer perhaps, maybe 2003 when we had a decent coach and won the World Cup, remind me again when was the last time you won the World Cup or failing that, perhaps made it to the final ?

Pleased to see what Eddie Jones has engendered in the team so far, they seem a lot happier as a unit.

OK. Fair play. You deserve that

i will second that.

next game in cardiff make sure you got your passports with you.biggrin.png english players only,no outsiders.

Edited by meatboy

what about that SC first half GREAT second half EVEN GREATER,it would have been hard on cass if they had lost as a few or more than a few decisions went against them.

didnt know it was easter,so hope youve stocked up with meat pies and john smiths.partytime2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

what a feast this morning,12.30am-5.45am.

first up SA.lions v NZ crusaders 42points first half,38 second half.crusaders coming out on top.great game.

second up BATH V SARACENS this game had it all,red card,yellow cards all at the same time against bath.

a standing ovation for the REF.

a spirited fight back by bath down to 13.but to no avail.

then next up a visit to my home town,NEWPORT V OSPREYS.

dont know the score i fell asleep 4.45.

now the papers have come so lets see whats on tomorrow morning.coffee1.gif

what a feast this morning,12.30am-5.45am.

first up SA.lions v NZ crusaders 42points first half,38 second half.crusaders coming out on top.great game.

second up BATH V SARACENS this game had it all,red card,yellow cards all at the same time against bath.

a standing ovation for the REF.

a spirited fight back by bath down to 13.but to no avail.

then next up a visit to my home town,NEWPORT V OSPREYS.

dont know the score i fell asleep 4.45.

now the papers have come so lets see whats on tomorrow morning.coffee1.gif

I have to admire your dedication to rugby mate.

You're not too far from my home town; I'm from Cwmbran,

I didn't want to check this thread until I'd seen the Wigan Warrington game - it was a cracker - worth watching if you can catch the replay - better still if you don't know the result...

i do get all the replays normally,tues,wed,thurs. with the package i have now it includes a only rugby channel.all the,ausie,nz.sa,english premier toooooooooooo

much to remember i got to write them down.

tomorrow its el classico barca v rm.the other shaped ball.

watched sale v montpelier this morn.euro.cup challenge.mont.P very big side are going to be hard to beat.nothing fancy just brute strenght as sale found out.

as for the sale side i only knew cipriani,oh just a minute dont he look like his fatherfacepalm.gif the bald headed no9.it cant berolleyes.gif or is it.or did they clone him.

unbelievable he must be old enough to get a free bus passbiggrin.png PETER STRINGER as fit as ever.

oh well tonight its my home town newport v gloucester.