What No Rugby Forum!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

decisive period of play from 31 minutes in. forward pass, 3 points. knock on and blocking, try 5 points and 2 points for the conversion.

all blacks 10 points to the good. not what i wanted to see and the officials IMHO have just killed what should have been a great spectacle of a final.

Typical whinging failure.

Lose therefore blame the officials !

Go away ............

Well done NZ, worthy RWC2015 champions. Really have not done much wrong since their last cup.

I thought the game was worthy of a final, opponents gallant just not good enough. The entire tournament was great actually. Bit sad its done!!

decisive period of play from 31 minutes in. forward pass, 3 points. knock on and blocking, try 5 points and 2 points for the conversion.

all blacks 10 points to the good. not what i wanted to see and the officials IMHO have just killed what should have been a great spectacle of a final.

Go away ............

Relax. It was a moment, and the pass clearly forward and should have been picked up but rugby will have some interpretative discrepancies. I don't think TF is putting the WC on the line for it. NZ were terrific.

Go away ............

it wasn't Owens best performance, the pass was forward, and IMO the sin bin of Ben Smith was harsh.

Well done NZ, worthy RWC2015 champions. Really have not done much wrong since their last cup.

I thought the game was worthy of a final, opponents gallant just not good enough. The entire tournament was great actually. Bit sad its done!!

agreed, also an end of a great All Black era.

Go away ............

LMFAO, telling me to go away from my own thread.

get a life onceahasbeen, or as an old Kiwi mate of mine used to say " last one out turn the light off " coffee1.gifwink.png

Edited by tigerfish

Fair result for the last year of Rugby and for the WC specifically. Bad luck for Aussies to meet one of the greatest teams in the history of the game. Fantastic intensity from the ABs to barge the Aussies out of the first half. Impressive come back in the second, but the ABs just too strong in the final 15 minutes. Looked to me like the Aussies were a little lost with Gitteau and lost a lot of grunt from Douglas buggering his knee/ankle. Home and hosed, worthy champions. You have to beat at least one but preferably two of the three great southern hemisphere teams to be a worthy world cup champion. ABs just did it.

what was the final score last nights game? at the moment my mind is only with my beloved SAM.

i think i will watch tonights game tomorrow [REPLAY] in english.

abs 3tries to 1.

30points to 13.

NZ BY 17 EH. just watched it,TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH.

Just a word about the hosts. I watched as many games as I could and every one was a pleasure and a feast for the senses. The coverage on ITV was the best I've ever seen, with quality commentators, presenters and assorted experts. If there was any criticism at all in this area, it was that sometimes there was just a bit too much palaver - could have done with more fillers (yes I know, difficult to organise and would require some serious forethought) and a bit less of the obvious repetition of questions and comments. But no biggie. As for the crowds, my only gripe was the singing of Swing Low! by the crowd when no Pom team was on the field - but that's again no biggie, just me being a GOM. Otherwise, what a fantastic turnout by the Brit supporters and what genuinely superb spectators there were at every match - they created the most amazing atmosphere you could ever imagine for every team, and made the whole tournament a real treat. There were no incidents of any kind at any match and the crowd control bobbies must have felt embarrassed about collecting their special pay. :). Well done the organisers and the British supporters. Thanks for a truly memorable tournament.

• 3 months later...

bump !

only one rugby forum around here as long as i and only i choose to still be part of this place and post.

jocks to stick it right up them and make Eddie Jones voice more annoying than it already is.

on second thoughts, maybe England by a 3 - 5 winning margin. smile.png

looking forward to the Welsh giving the Irish a lesson in forward possession in crap conditions ! whistling.gif

Looking forward to Wales laterthumbsup.gif . Not sure about Anscome at the back in this game, so hoping Sexton is off form a bit. Also not sure about leaving gethin out, but there is a problem between him and the ref i thinkblink.png . glad to see Cithbert out for a bit, and Tipuric is startingclap2.gif. .Not sure about the result, but if Wales can handle the kicking game that is bound to come, a Welsh win would be a great start.

Sorry to see Scotland lose again, and Italy blow another chance

Looking forward to Wales laterthumbsup.gif . Not sure about Anscome at the back in this game, so hoping Sexton is off form a bit. Also not sure about leaving gethin out, but there is a problem between him and the ref i thinkblink.png . glad to see Cithbert out for a bit, and Tipuric is startingclap2.gif. .Not sure about the result, but if Wales can handle the kicking game that is bound to come, a Welsh win would be a great start.

Sorry to see Scotland lose again, and Italy blow another chance

Yeah, I love it too when the underdog does well. Apart from a 10min spell going into halftime theyd've had it comfortably in the bag this time !!

Ah well at least a draw stops a Grand Slam or Triple Crown heading down the M4 :-)

Sorry to see Sotland lose yet again but what a great contest they made. Overall they took the game to Wales and looked good, some poor handling cost them dear. The two supposedly best teams from last week looked pretty average

Not very happy with the game, and condolences to scotland, but at least we won this week. No grand slam, but could still win the championshiip. only if we change a few things though. Lydiatt needs to return, and Liam Williams and Gareth Davies need to find their form. With two weeks to go, I expect a much better performance against the French, and the cup coming the right end of the M4 wink.png

Sadly nott's is correct 'winning ugly' has become a byword for all the home nations. France maybe and Italy try to play a more free running game but don't currently have the skill levels, look where Italy ended up yesterday.

The title favourites under Gatland play a predominantly turgid warrenball that's not gonna win over any neutrals and England have been similarly uninspiring under Lancaster. Hopefully Eddie Jones will be a positive step forward but the skill levels of all the 6 nation teams need improving to match the sh teams

Argentina were a revelation in the rwc. Cant wait tho to see Nathan Hughes in an England shirt

I think there is an attempt to change the style of play for all the home nations, and it can be seen in team selections, but it will take time and a different mindset. If the 6 nations was played home and away (like the SH cup) I believe that the change would happen much quicker. With more games to play, loising 1 or 2 would not be disaterous, and the win at all costs attitude would change.

That's not likely though and it will be a slow process. Give it 2 years and it may be different, but not for now.

after being banished to the wilderness,IA-M BACK. all the rugby i want both codes,this weekend leeds v broncos and wigan v ? world super cup.

watched quins v tigers this morn.oh i aint half missed it.and musnt forget the 6 nations next sat.morn.3am.thai time.YES ITS TRUE.

Let's hope Leeds and Wigan can do well (I never thought I'd say that). Leeds and Saints have both looked out of sorts at the start of the season.

Scotland have been playing some entertaining rugby, but they should take their aprons off and stop BUTCHERING their opportunities

Let's hope Leeds and Wigan can do well (I never thought I'd say that). Leeds and Saints have both looked out of sorts at the start of the season.

Scotland have been playing some entertaining rugby, but they should take their aprons off and stop BUTCHERING their opportunities

geeeeeeeee its nice to be back.didnt see nothing yesterday power off.

but what about rhino's vs cowboys,a game of 2halfs.

the cowboys never got out of the sadle in the first half, the rhino's never gave them a yard and were unlucky not to go in half time in front,the look on the face's of the dressing room of the cowboys said it all. i was expecting LVG to come in any momentsad.pngsad.pngsad.png .

but the second half saw 7tries for the cowboys with a knock-out for leeds. just class and supreme fittness.

whats been going on while i have been away SC.leeds winning the triple crown.

hull loosing at home to wakefield,if your looking in DAVID 48 that will put a smile on your face,we miss you,hope your all keeping well.

salford beating was it wigan?

oh well few games on fri.morning then sat.morning WALES VS FRANCE.

after this mornings game the fire in my belly has returned,time to stock up on BP.tabs.