What No Rugby Forum!

28 - 6 to Ireland, happy days having taken them at - 11 points early this morning for even money. i won't disclose how much i put on, not wishing to upset our friends from north of the border. biggrin.png

but, hey what a difference a new coach makes installing a new mind set into the players and how they approached the game. make no mistake the Scots are a good side with some outstanding individual play makers. which makes the performance, the way the Irish gained momentum after a tricky first half and then went on to play even more expansive rugby whilst continuing to dominate in their strongest areas of their game even more impressive. clap2.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Scotland had anybody who knew how to break a line or make a good decision in attack the game would have been very different. They totally blew a first half that they dominated; second half all Ireland

If Scotland had anybody who knew how to break a line or make a good decision in attack the game would have been very different. They totally blew a first half that they dominated; second half all Ireland

For a long time now our attack has been as blunt as a rusty butterknife, particularly in Tim Visser's absence. He's a player that makes you laugh, but sadly not often enough... Let's wish for a speedy return

SC

For a long time now our attack has been as blunt as a rusty butterknife, particularly in Tim Visser's absence. He's a player that makes you laugh, but sadly not often enough... Let's wish for a speedy return

SC

Hogge is class, but Laiglough (can't spell it) was way too one dimensional for me. How can you beat Australia yet be so ineffective again't Ireland? better luck against England.

Congrats to Ireland, you had a plan that blew Wales away. We were woeful though, and at times seemed far away from any hope of retaining the championship. I don't understand why we didn't use Hook, or bring Tipuric on earlier. What we had on the park was never going to turn the game around. Priestland can kick a ball but doesn't have enough guile to win a game, and Warburton was ineffective enough to get Tipuric on earlier. AWJ should be captain, and Gatland needs to figure out a way we can change games. Big chance of us losing another 2 games this year as England look good and France have vastly improved.

England - Ireland will be the game to watch next weekend. Ireland are still my favourites for the tournament, based on the strength of their regions. Only the French come close, but their clubs rely very heavily on foreigners

I'll be hiding behind the sofa for the game in Rome.

It's a shame there's no televised rugby league that clashes with it...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

wales 27 france 6.what a lack luster performance from france,they must have been on tour down bute st.and their no.8 must have ended up in the custom house in the company of "LILY"with the willy to be so moody,moaning and groaning to the ref throughout the game although he did send him to the sin bin for 10min.he wont be going down there again.bah.gif

Well done the Welsh.

I didn't record the game, as it clashed with the Leeds Warrington game.

I've got the sofa pulled out to hide behind for the first game this evening, then I'll be going over to Sid's for the England Ireland game; I expect the Irish lads will be there in force

SC

Are you sitting comfortably?

Then let us begin, says Steve Walsh

"We hope its going to be a very very good game of rugby"

Not me. I'll be happy with a dreary and dismal win. At least the pitch looks in good condition. Re-set after it wheels. Penalty to Italy for Moray Low not binding properly

11 - 3 at half time to Italy, as Scotland continue to pass the ball from touch line to touch line, and take it backwards in possession. Italy's scrum completely dominant and Steve Walsh has introduced some new requirements at the ruck that seem to have Scotland baffled.

SC

Well that can of Irn Bru at half time did the trick, as Alex Dunbar goes over in the corner

13 - 11

Edited by StreetCowboy

And for the first time Scotland burst clear with support and score beside the posts

13 - 18 to Scotland, and decent play form Scotland for once.

Twelve minutes to go and Scotland are looking quicker about the field- and supporting one another, for once

But Italy are spurred into action, and recover the restart, and cut through the Scotland defence, driving through tackles, and score to level and the conversion takes Italy back into the lead with eight minutes to go

But sustained Scottish pressure sees them camped just outside the Italian 22. The Italian defence holds firm, despite two successful Scottish scrums, the ball comes back and Duncan Weir hoofs over a drop goal to win the game by the slenderest of margins

Italy 20 - 21 Scotland.

I might stay at home for the England Italy game, as it's tipping down stairrods here, but if it eases up I'll see you all in Sid's

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Italy are the favs with the bookies, but i just might have a little wager on the handicap with the Scots ! wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

biggrin.png

Steve Walsh btw is an egotistical tool that refs out of his arse !

well 2 out of 2 after getting last nights game as well and now for the Irish.

just hope it doesn't turn into a kicking bore fest. Ireland have the players and the game to go with it under their new coach,but i fear they may just over complicate things and end up all not singing from the same song sheet.

England by 6-8 points.

Italy are the favs with the bookies, but i just might have a little wager on the handicap with the Scots ! wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

biggrin.png

Steve Walsh btw is an egotistical tool that refs out of his arse !

well 2 out of 2 after getting last nights game as well and now for the Irish.

just hope it doesn't turn into a kicking bore fest. Ireland have the players and the game to go with it under their new coach,but i fear they may just over complicate things and end up all not singing from the same song sheet.

England by 6-8 points.

If Ireland win by 60 points, will England drop below Scotland?

Maybe Steve Walsh got a bit of a talking-to at half-time; he seemed a bit less whistle-happy in the second half - as far as we were concerned, anyway

Edited by StreetCowboy

well what was the outcome boys.

I watched a game that made me seach for my b.p. tablets. castres vs tolouse. sun.2.45am.

10minutes and toulo are on fire up 12-3 away from home,half time and last yrs.champs.are down 3-22 dead and going knowhere.

second half after having a few ciders castres came out with one intention to prove to the selectors for frances next game we are still the boys in blue.talk about putting preasure on the ex.champs they ran them giddy.couple of mistakes by Toulouse saw a scum to castr.they shoved them all over the pitch till ref had had enough of toul.poping up,try he awarded a penalty try,then another one,then cast.scores another one,10minutes to go its 29-22 to castres,on the 80minute mark toulous come to life and scores a try with the conversion to draw,not to be and the whistle goes.

What do you think?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/26341392

I think Philippe St Andre's job is to win games for France, not maintain the spirit and reputation of rugby as a sport, but on the other hand,

1) He is a rugby coach as much as a Frenchman

2) Poor discipline will not help the French

3) Poor sportsmanship may undermine team standards and ethics.

SC

wales 27 france 6.what a lack luster performance from france,they must have been on tour down bute st.and their no.8 must have ended up in the custom house in the company of "LILY"with the willy to be so moody,moaning and groaning to the ref throughout the game although he did send him to the sin bin for 10min.he wont be going down there again.bah.gif

I think the French coach must read thai visa,he has taken my advice and dropped the no 8.

• 2 weeks later...

Doh - how frustrating is that? Duncan Weir misses a 75th minute penalty and the French kick the winner in the 79th minute

SC

EDIT: I wonder how much Irn Bru I'll need to lay in for Duncan Weir's last kick to go over, when I watch the recording next weekend?

Edited by StreetCowboy

come on you boyo's,with the coaching staff of warren gatland,shaun Edwards,neil Jenkins and rob howley England will need help from god.

I believe that Howley has actually been a rubbish backs coach. luckily we have guys in positions who know what they are doing. I would like to publicly apologise to JR for doubting you. You have at last come back to rugby.

Make no mistake this is a difficult game for both sides, but I think Wales will shade it because of the building from the front row. Ireland to win the title though.

Gutted for Scotland

great weekend of rugby so far ! wink.png

respect to BoD in his last home international, a true great of the modern game.

the nation of weeds, how the fark did you screw that one up against an under strength frog side ? laugh.png (still i'm not complaining) thumbsup.gif

half time England VS Wales, this one has all the traits of when Scott Gibbs went over at Wembley to steal the victory. i was there in that corner. as old Max would say.

Hartley needs to be replaced as he could become a liability and Mike Phillips needs to come on for the Welsh.

watch out for Roberts or Phillips breaking the tackle and releasing Davis, North, Cuthbert or Halfpenny for a late winner.

Edited by tigerfish

the nation of weeds, how the fark did you screw that one up against an under strength frog side ? laugh.png (still i'm not complaining) thumbsup.gif

half time England VS Wales, this one has all the traits of when Scott Gibbs went over at Wembley to steal the victory. i was there in that corner. as old Max would say.

Hartley needs to be replaced as he could become a liability and Mike Phillips needs to come on for the Welsh.

watch out for Roberts or Phillips breaking the tackle and releasing Davis, North, Cuthbert or Halfpenny for a late winner.

England were simply the better side. Gatland needs to stop this persistance with Priestland, and we need to address the scrum. I think it will be bye bye to GJ and AJ as they have become outdated by new laws. I still think it is sad that we never saw James Hook as a Welsh everpresent but We need that type of flair. Fair play to farrel I used think he was crap, but he has impressed me lately. I still think Care has a way to go, unfortunately it will be up. I still thi9nk we can beat england in the world cup but we need to adjust and turn up for 90 minutes, that game was won in the first half again.

England were simply the better side. Gatland needs to stop this persistance with Priestland, and we need to address the scrum. I think it will be bye bye to GJ and AJ as they have become outdated by new laws. I still think it is sad that we never saw James Hook as a Welsh everpresent but We need that type of flair. Fair play to farrel I used think he was crap, but he has impressed me lately. I still think Care has a way to go, unfortunately it will be up. I still thi9nk we can beat england in the world cup but we need to adjust and turn up for 90 minutes, that game was won in the first half again.

divine intervention but how did he get a ticket? I know I shouldn't have let my dog piss on that merc.yesterday,I should have waited till this morning.oh those magic moments jigs to the left,then the right then left again flying through the wembley air to score.great scott no no no he's a taff.

divine intervention but how did he get a ticket? I know I shouldn't have let my dog piss on that merc.yesterday,I should have waited till this morning.oh those magic moments jigs to the left,then the right then left again flying through the wembley air to score.great scott no no no he's a taff.

got it off a tout that morning, won't disclose how much the pair of tickets cost, but seeing as i'm originally from that part of London let's just say i was pointed in the right direction. which left me and my girlfriend at the time (a jack) plenty of time to hit the pub for a Sunday roast and a few jars to get the throat nicely lubricated for a good old sing song.

kept the ticket from the match and handed it over to a rather down in the dumps Welsh lad in a pub loo in Twickenham after England got their revenge a year on.

anyway back to business, England have done all they could do in Rome.

Wales played some good open play running rugby if only they could have been that innovated in the previous encounters ( shame about Hoggs sending of )

and now for the biggie, all i can say is the French at home with a + 6 handicap at 4/6 is great value ! wink.png

another great weekend of rugby,the results went as I thought,but every fan in the country must have been sickened by the attack on dan bigger by stuat hogg and i wont say who he was playing for as their fans must be sickened by it as well.there is no place in any sport for that so lets hope he gets the book thrown at him.brings back memories of the cowardly punch by wade dooley[policeman] on gwyn evans at the arms park which broke his cheekbone.