Dog Rescue

NALAK

went to jimmys fishing park today, new to Pattaya but was in Samui long time. as many of you will know Jimmy is no longer there and Thais have taken it back on. there are 3 pit bulls all friendly that have been left behind 2 in a really bad way one is covered in some skin disease and the other has a broken front leg. is there a dog rescue centre here like they have in Samui. i would take them on myself but vets bills for the 2 will be huge. owner asked me if i wanted them. i will have to do some thing but not sure what. any suggestions welcome

The dogs skin condition is caused by mange,a parasite lives under the skin causing itching hair loss ,sores all over the body and eventual death,a horrible slow death .It needs Ivamac ,think its called Ivormac or something similar here,cheap injection,I can do that for free, takes about 3 weeks before the skin starts improving,the dogs leg can be fixed for about 1800 Baht,look about page 3 or 4 on these threads . A lady advertised a cheap vet near CS road.PM me if its any help.

PattayaParent - hope you were being sarcastic there - Tony's dog shelter has been in the news for neglect of the animals!! He claims becuase of low business he can't afford to take care of the animals. And if you have to ask "Who's Tony" I know you aren't from here

jb4446 sounds like s good person to deal with - definitely NOT Tony's

Why not just put them down...Pattaya minus 3 Pit-bulls (or 3 less what are basically soi dogs) would be a better place.

well you know where they are go and do it. you use the name buddha in your user name you should know vets will not put down an animal so can you go and put them out of their misery

anyway you served one purpose you got the topic back to the top of the list

Edited by NALAK

PattayaParent - hope you were being sarcastic there - Tony's dog shelter has been in the news for neglect of the animals!! He claims becuase of low business he can't afford to take care of the animals. And if you have to ask "Who's Tony" I know you aren't from here

jb4446 sounds like s good person to deal with - definitely NOT Tony's

Wasn't intending to be sarcastic, just trying to be helpful as I'd heard of that dog shelter but not seen any other news of it.

If Tony is so short of cash to look after some dogs how is he affording his brand spanking new sports complex on Third Road?

Hi, the injection is just under the skin,hind quarters or back of the neck. Do it north to south ,rather than east to west(across the dog),pinch the skin first if you can.The reason north to south is the needle can go through two folds of skin and you will be injecting into fresh air.It's a bit oily compared to rabies vaccination,and can sting a bit ,so I used a 2mm syringe when doing it (if one was available)gets it in faster.

There are very few dogs that will stay calm for this, better tie the nose or use a muzzle. You can get Frontline(used externally) but not as good as injection.

If its front leg badly broken,it 's a problem,maybe amputated,and it is difficult to get around,but they manage.

Anyway if you have problems,you know how to contact me. ........

You asked also its 100mm but the vets here seem to use more ,almost 150mm,best way to go I guess. If you go to Govt vet 3rd road by fire station they will sell you a syringe full 50 Baht per syringe but would be cheaper to go to vet store and buy a complete bottle I guess.

Why not just put them down...Pattaya minus 3 Pit-bulls (or 3 less what are basically soi dogs) would be a better place.

well you know where they are go and do it. you use the name buddha in your user name you should know vets will not put down an animal so can you go and put them out of their misery

Sometimes ending the suffering of another being is the best thing one can do for them/it.

There is also something to be said for preventing other beings (human and animal) from attacks from these Pit-bulls...in that the suffering of being put-down [basically nothing] is much less than the pain and suffering of a survivor of such an attack.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Sometimes ending the suffering of another being is the best thing one can do for them/it.

There is also something to be said for preventing other beings (human and animal) from attacks from these Pit-bulls...in that the suffering of being put-down [basically nothing] is much less than the pain and suffering of a survivor of such an attack.

not bad dogs bad owners make them bad. the farangs who take the pit bulls on are the ones who should be put down, life expectancy of dog about 14 years farangs go after 2-3 years and dump them. google jimmys fishing park pataya for location and go and end their suffering they will great you with a wagging tail as sick as they are. i suggest hammer blow top of head between the eyes.

not bad dogs bad owners make them bad. the farangs who take the pit bulls on are the ones who should be put down, life expectancy of dog about 14 years farangs go after 2-3 years and dump them. google jimmys fishing park pataya for location and go and end their suffering they will great you with a wagging tail as sick as they are. i suggest hammer blow top of head between the eyes.

From today's headlines;

3 Calif. children mauled by pack of escaped dogs

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...L#ixzz0eScXQ0kD

They included pit-bull mixes...I rest my case.

From today's headlines;

3 Calif. children mauled by pack of escaped dogs

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...L#ixzz0eScXQ0kD

They included pit-bull mixes...I rest my case.

I think what is amazing here is that you actually believe what you are writing.

A dog is borne out of it's surroundings, a bad owner will invariably have bad dogs, a good owner will have good dogs, irrespective of the breed. people are attacked every day by dogs but it is not highlighted in the press unless it is one of these 'devil dogs'. I recall is used to dobermans and rottweillers that were the flavour of the month, now it is pitbulls.

The only thing to be said against pitbulls is that when they attack they are hard to stop, they would rather die than give up, but again the desire to attack can be weaned out of them with the correct ownership. It woul appear from what is said here that these pitbulls are not even territorial so I doubt they would attack.

I suppose in your head also that one bad Thai person also means ALL Thais are bad people