Need Good Deals For May-aug, London - Bkk

dmax

It is not clear whether you want to do a journey going out in May and coming back in August, or some shorter trip within that time window.

If it is the former then the return date in august will add about £100 to your fare.

EG - you can go out in early May and come back in mid July for £395 with Jet Airways, whereas if you go out in early May and come back in August its more like £500.

Source Opodo.com today. Personally I cannot stomach a plane change at Mumbai, but if you are on a budget you can't afford to be that precious!

Up to you to do the legwork on a flight comparator web-site. I have used Opodo.com for many years and recommend it. Use the flexibility checkbox and you will get a quick overview of the cheapest flight +/- one day from your chosen median date for departure and return. That gives you nine separate combinations with the cheapest flight shown for each option.

Opodo does not seem to cover the cheap routes Stanstead to KL to BKK (Air Asia) or London to Colombo to BKK (Air Lanka) so you need to visit the relevant companies web sites. I remember students used to go to Asia via Moscow, but I have never seen those routes come up on the comparators either.

If you have research time to burn, after getting the cheapest flights from a comparator engine, list down all the airlines offering the cheaper flights and visit their web-sites to check for special offers - sometimes you can shave another few quid off that way.

Good luck - great place for a nice long summer break. Edit - sorry, I now see you are a senior member so presumably you know that!

Edited by SantiSuk

When i checked for flights on wednesday night www.kayak.co.uk they had direct flights with EVA air from LHR to BKK and rtn,mid may ,ticket valid for one month for £447,but they wanted £390 for my 4.5month old baby,so phoned dial a flight and ended up booking with thai air for £490 direct and for the baby they charged £90 which i thought was ok,but not a great lover of thai air,that old banger they have running out of LHR should be scrapped :) .

When i checked for flights on wednesday night www.kayak.co.uk they had direct flights with EVA air from LHR to BKK and rtn,mid may ,ticket valid for one month for £447,but they wanted £390 for my 4.5month old baby,so phoned dial a flight and ended up booking with thai air for £490 direct and for the baby they charged £90 which i thought was ok,but not a great lover of thai air,that old banger they have running out of LHR should be scrapped :D .

:) A one month from Bkk to Lhr returnEVA AIR in May is 28500 a special deal WHY do we pay more

When i checked for flights on wednesday night www.kayak.co.uk they had direct flights with EVA air from LHR to BKK and rtn,mid may ,ticket valid for one month for £447,but they wanted £390 for my 4.5month old baby,so phoned dial a flight and ended up booking with thai air for £490 direct and for the baby they charged £90 which i thought was ok,but not a great lover of thai air,that old banger they have running out of LHR should be scrapped :D .

:) A one month from Bkk to Lhr returnEVA AIR in May is 28500 a special deal WHY do we pay more

Have I missunderstood you 'binnsy' 28500 Baht is aout £540 at current rates.

Edited by theoldgit