Jomtien Supermarket?

richsilver

Walking through the Complex this morning, I noticed the work was still going on (it's been several days now) in the large building next to the Venue. I asked one of the workers there and he told me it was going to be a supermarket. He wasn't sure what name.

Good news (if true) for us residents of Jomtien.</div>

It's going to be a bit less posh than that - a kind of Thapprasit Road night market meets some small retail units and restaurants on the ground floor, and some sports pitches on the top floor (volleyball and 5 a side), and progressive develiopment of the remainder of the floors as and when.

I hope it is a success for them, as that white elephant has been vacant since it was built and the current owner has spent a lot of money cutting through a lot of reinforced concrete to tart it up.

About 7 years ago I tried to broker a deal with Tesco (on the Tesco Metro concept) and the then owners of the building, but Tesco took one look at the gay and lady bars around there and declined.

What's the big fuss? There is already a very good supermarket in the small complex across the road from the Pan Pan Restaurant.

Foodmarket in Front of VT1 is just a little bit more expensive then Friendship, Foodland and the other ones in Town. Actually a Friendship would be nice in Jomtien and I am sure they would make good Money there.

So,whereabouts is it situated ? :)

Excusing my ignorance......

It's to be built on Thappraya Road, on the way to Jomtien, assuming it proceeds.

And if everybody explains it like that, it will never take off. It can't be seen from the main road.

The construction activities are taking place in a building loacated in the center of Jomtien Complex/Jomtien Plaza.

Driving/walking from Theppraya Road to Jomtien Beach; turn right/follow the road to the right, heading towards the beach.

After approx. 200 meters, turn/walk right and after 100 meters you'll find the construction side or future shopping centre.

It's to be built on Thappraya Road, on the way to Jomtien, assuming it proceeds.

And if everybody explains it like that, it will never take off. It can't be seen from the main road.

The construction activities are taking place in a building loacated in the center of Jomtien Complex/Jomtien Plaza.

Driving/walking from Theppraya Road to Jomtien Beach; turn right/follow the road to the right, heading towards the beach.

After approx. 200 meters, turn/walk right and after 100 meters you'll find the construction side or future shopping centre.

As the poster followed my comments on the Urban Mall, that is what I assumed he was referring to, not the new Jomtien Complex mall! You may be right and if so, your directions will certainly get him there.

Unfortunately the Jomtien Plaza Mall seems to be heading downhill before it's even opened. When they first started cutting away the south-western corner of the old MS car park, I was told that it would be an up-market place with a large Tops supermarket. Then sone months later they had dropped the supermarket idea and it was to be converted into a set of shop houses. Now it's apparently to become a night market. Well, if it ever does open at least it should bring some life into the Complex, which can be pretty dead during the rainy season.

If a good supermarket was to be had in Jomtien Complex, it would great to have an alternative to Foodland which many people call Harrods - not because of what it stocks but because how expensive it is compared to the foodlands, friendships, lotus and BigC

If a good supermarket was to be had in Jomtien Complex, it would great to have an alternative to Foodland which many people call Harrods - not because of what it stocks but because how expensive it is compared to the foodlands, friendships, lotus and BigC

With no offense intended to Foodland with its bountiful prices and many valued customers who don't mind paying them, I must agree that a regular supermarket at regular prices like Friendship would be a huge addition to Jomtien. I think the owners don't realize the potential because they look at Foodland, but they don't realize how many regular expats will not shop there.

As the poster followed my comments on the Urban Mall, that is what I assumed he was referring to, not the new Jomtien Complex mall! You may be right and if so, your directions will certainly get him there.

dam_n, you're right! It's the new development near the already exisiting FoodMarket. Is that somewhat related to the Chateau complex?