Where For Visa After Expired Non-o?

My non-Immigrant O visa expired back in November, I'm now coming to the end of my stay period (off the Non-O; 15 months) and am unsure what visa I can get and where I should get it from. 2 month tourist visa the only option?

I have a Thai fiancé and son here, but if I remember correctly I can't get another Non-O from the neighbouring countries of Thailand.

We plan a visit to the UK at some point this year to get married there, so don't necessarily need a 1 year (probably not an option anyway).

Any advice please?

Based on your son you can get a multiple entry non-O from Kuala Lumphur, if you can show the birth certificate with your name on it and at least 100,000 baht in a bankaccount in your name. Other consulates in the region will issue a single non-O. Perth and Brisbane in Autralia will also issue a mutiple non-O, if you show a small letter with a copy of the ID-card of your Thai friend.

Right now you could ask immigration for a 60 day extension based on your child, if you visit together with the child and mother.

Based on your son you can get a multiple entry non-O from Kuala Lumphur, if you can show the birth certificate with your name on it and at least 100,000 baht in a bankaccount in your name. Other consulates in the region will issue a single non-O. Perth and Brisbane in Autralia will also issue a mutiple non-O, if you show a small letter with a copy of the ID-card of your Thai friend.

Right now you could ask immigration for a 60 day extension based on your child, if you visit together with the child and mother.

I will renew my non-O visa based on marriage soon. Do you know if they will accept a bank book which is in both my and my wife's name?

The money now has to be yours only, a joined bank account will not be accepted for an extension of stay from immigration in Thailand.

If you want to get a new visa from abroad, I'm not sure if KL will make a problem of that. Maybe others can answer that question.

No luck with immigration.

I went to immigration this morning, asked for a 60 day extension based on my child, but was told they could only give me 7 days.

Am I correct in saying that I could arrive at Nong Khai early morning, get a visa for Laos at the border, cross at the Friendship Bridge, submit passport for new visa (where exactly?) and collect passport that afternoon (or next day?) and enter Thailand again with a 60 day visa?

If I do have to stay over night, can anyone recommend a hotel to stay at?

Edited by TomBrown

Did they provide a reason as this is a normal and official extension of stay. You are recorded as the father on birth certificate and mother was with you?

In Vientiane you get the visa from the Consulate section of the Thai Embassy which is a short distance away but drivers will know as has been there for some time now. You will have to submit in morning and pick up afternoon the next workday. Others should be able to provide hotel information or read the long thread on getting visas in Vientiane.

The visited immigration was at Soi 5 Jomtien with son and fiancé. Took house book, birth certificate with my name on, they didn't even look at any documentation, just said that my Non-O visa had expired in November'09, so could only get 7 days.

This was a uniformed entry desk officers or a processing officer? They did know you wanted a 60 day extension to visit family and said there was no such thing? It has only been common for about a year or so now so there are some who have never processed but they should have checked. Your visa expiration has nothing to do with an extension of stay.

On the day we went to immigration, we entered the building, on the left side was the counter with the two uniformed guys who answered question and hand out numbered tickets after checking forms that are filled in. Although in our case they didn't check anything other than my passport. I did ask for a 60 day extension based on my child, but they said only 7 days extension, they also spoke the same in Thai to my partner, claiming if married then possible. They didn't confirm or deny the existence of a 60 day extension to visit family, just said your visa finished you can only have 7 days.

Seems like this counter is positioned so that the other staff are not bothered (and probably don't want to be bothered) by foreigner visa questions.

Vientienne Laos may issue a 90 day Non Imm O Visa because of your Thai Son. Take proof.

They will issue a Tourist Visa good for 60 days and can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration.

They will also issue a Double Entry Tourist Visa if you want.

Vientienne Laos may issue a 90 day Non Imm O Visa because of your Thai Son. Take proof.

They will issue a Tourist Visa good for 60 days and can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration.

They will also issue a Double Entry Tourist Visa if you want.

Just the Thai Birth Certificate with my name on it then?

Any idea on cost?