Where Did You Meet You Wife?

ProfessorFart

5 of my ex-bar girlfriends are now happily hooked up with nice farang guys. Yes, it CAN be done. Many of my best friends in Thailand work in bars. I'm just too old to marry any of them, and I'm frankly not interested in some old, dried up gal closer to my age bracket. I don't need a mommy any longer and I DO happen to enjoy sex with someone attractive. Everyone is unique within themselves and generalities are only something for people who like statistics. Despite not looking for a relationship, I enjoy anyone's company if they are interesting.

If I was looking for a wife in Thailand today it certainly wouldn't be hard to find one. There are beautiful women everywhere, and a simple smile is all you need to get started. Of course, it's much easier if you aren't fat and ugly. Age doesn't seem to matter to a lot of Thai women if you are an interesting friendly person who treats them with respect.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first wife was a professor at the university I attended, she was a bit older than I.

The second was a farm girl who did not graduate from high school. She now has a garage larger than any home I have ever owned to house her five luxury automobiles and an adjoining mansion on an island in the Gulf of Mexico.

The third wife was a hospital administrator and part time stripper. I think she is still with the gardener, we did have a nice lawn though while the marriage lasted.

When I got to Thailand instead of getting married I just picked out a woman I didn’t like and gave her a house. So now I am pretty happy.

All well and good, Marky. But don't you miss the suspense of finding out the kids you have been raising aren't yours :) ?

I met my wife in Paris whilst she was completing her doctorate at the Sorbonne.

That's the spirit.

I wanted to say I met my wife at a Novel Price Award Ceremony, this is how it feels.

I feel like I won the Novel Price.

And well, why does the Professor care about where we met our wife? :)

defies comment.

This is my third relationship over here and hopefully the last and she is my wife now. I met her with friends and I knew her for over a year before we got together. Noting is for certain as far as GF/Wife. But stay away from the ones always asks for things (shopping, money, etc, no matter what is the reason) and absolutely No internet. They are the worse

Internet wives the worse eh ........oh dear more generalisations, its probably one of the best ways to meet, you get a chance to chat and dismiss potential mates and them you easily and early on, you meet up later and see what happens. I never understand this "internet" worry. Nearly 4 years married now only problems are language "misunderstandings" and cultural differences and to cap it all we live 6000 miles apart for 7 months of each year. She has all access to bank accounts and takes care of our business, buys secondhand clothes off friends and saves like a trojan for ahouse for us , so please dont label all Thais using the internet as gold diggers. She's a lo so Issan wide nosed wife ok SO WHAT her Mum did a good job i raising her and I suspect many more are like this? Honest as the day's long and often appalled by other peoples (Thai) attitudes in Thailand always telling me "oh they are very bad why do they do this" etc does she have faults, sure, dont w e all.

Please GH ok I know, I know, but I read pages of stuff like this before I came out and going solely on that I would never have set foot in Thailand 5 years ago.

So to anyone out there using the internet keep your head screwed on and there wont be any problems.

Thats the spirit, You don't need to marry rich to marry well. There are plenty of gems, like the wonderful wife you were blessed with, in rural areas that have NOT sold them selves out in a bar. Just because she is poor doesn't mean she lacks integrity as you have seen for yourself.

The internet is a great way to meet women here or anywere really, you can easily sift through potentail partners on your free time, chat first, and narrow them down further, before you date. Is it full proof??? Certainly not, but on average it beats just about any other method of finding a good match if you apply the time and effort to really look.

And furthermore, so what if she is wide nosed and Lo so. Thats a Thai man's burden, they generaly want some boleamic, crack head looking, surgery enhanced, pointy noised, paper white sino-Thai that reminds them of Korean soap opra stars.

Mine's tall, juicy, curvy, and loves to tan, it's very rare that a Thai man will even look at her. But for me she's perfect.

And that's all that matters.

I would encourage anyone, particularly Alien17? to check on the internet before you check in a bar for your wife (unless that's really what you want). You can have a woman of simple means but well raised, without the integrity sacrifice you get with a bar girl.

And since it looks like your wife is taking a picture showing off the V. Day flowers you gave her, here's mine doing the same...

20465_1262391633747_1048386234_30628901_4971713_n.jpg

It's it great how something as simple as flowers can make a woman happy.

PS

Eurasianthai, that's a beautiful pic of your wife and son :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but a whole lot of internet girls do not exactly have stainless pasts. :)

No one said they all did. However the medium of the internet simply allows you to sort through them, to find what you want, faster and cheaper than conventional means.

Met my soon to be wife via thailovelinks. She is a qualified accountant, had a few Thai boyfriends but after b ad experience decided to look outsied Thailand. I came across Thailand by accident as I wasn't really looking for a partner there (So be careful what you type into google)

I had used dating web sites in the UK and not really met anyone. When you in mid 40's not so easy to meet someone without issues (not saying I didn't have any).

The benefit of the internet is that you can ask questions maybe you wouldn't do face to face. Spoke to a few on there and soon sussed where they were at. Asking what do you think about ... etc. Remember they are taking a risk also as you may be some strange guy from a foreign country. My soon wife has got a great heart, is my best friend and look forward to growing old with her. But I know these things are not 100% guaranteed but here's hoping.

Well my friends are all tainted. I do not have one single friend that admits to the public they met their gal in a bar. Although being good friends before they went to Thailand I know the truth and they do not hide it from me. They are embarrassed to admit to others for personal reasons. My wife has friends who are married to farrangs and funny how all the ladies have no problems talking about their past bar lives, gambling problems, stealing money from husbands all things you hear about here. My wifes brother is living with a woman for 6 years now who works in a bar (thai customers) supports him while he is in grad school. Her picture is posted on the website of this company where she works. My wife puts up with all my crap, we live poor and meager lives and my love story is ongoing and presently not for Harlquin publishing but tell me your secret and I'll tell the world!!

I am old school when you see someone on a lift, crossing the street, a lil bell goes off inside your pants, I mean head, and you know.

Never been the internet dating type and my 8000 very odd posts on here are a testament as to why.

Edited by bkkjames

I know a guy who swears that although he met his wife in a bar she was not a working girl, his evidence for this is collecting her from work at the car sales showroom where she worked.

Thing is I know that the only reason she didn't give him a price right there in the bar was because that she realised there were richer pickings to be had here. So her sister drove her to a friends car showroom 20mins before our boy was due to collect his gal for a night out.

She would sit behind the desk in a borrowed uniform (she didn't own a skirt that was thicker than the average belt) and play the part.

Now she has a nice big house and he has a 4,500 000 (and counting) baht hole in his pocket and a baby that was 100% made in Thailand.

She doesn't speak a word of his native tougue, has maybe 20 words of english but cant understand his accent anyway. Marriage made on what common ground???

That said I am not sceptical of Thai women, I know a girl in the UK who would check out any guy she met in a bar by searching his name in google. Soon as she found a guy worth 6mil sterling she went into overdrive. Now they're married.

Think that one was built on true love?

Think it will last?

Stupid is as stupid does...

There are all these warnings about girls in the bars, but they are quite switched on about the internet and not beyond misrepresenting their employment record.

Hence why you spend months talking to them (via net or telephone), asking pertinant questions subtly and then listen. It is amazing what you hear when you listen

I've lived here for 20 years and it still takes a long time to judge someone's character and many of these girls are amazing actresses. I know it is easy, but IMHO (and several buddies who got taken to the cleaners) looking for a wife on the internet is just asking for trouble.

Forget the hairdresser excuse:

"I met my girl when she was cashier"

"I met my girl when she worked at Lotus"

"I met my girl on the bus"

"I met my girl selling jeans at a Bangkok market"

Forgive me if i am wrong, but anytime i been around Bangkok in my past 2 years in Bkk 99.9% in such jobs can't speak English to save their lives. Find me a Lotus girl, cashier, bus conducteress together who can all speak English enough to have a foreign boyfriend and i'll buy you a beer. Unless the majority of thaivisa members are fluent in Thai. Or the ex-Thai-girlfriend got a doctorate in medicine with a degree from Harvard!!

So much drivvle is being told in here makes me wanna laugh or puke, or both!

Met my soon to be wife via thailovelinks. She is a qualified accountant, had a few Thai boyfriends but after b ad experience decided to look outsied Thailand.

Where did she graduate in accounting? Ramkhamhaeng, Rajaphat, Ratchmankala or Sukothai universities etc..? :)

Once I was strolling the streets in Bangkok early on a Sunday morning and I passed through Soi Cowboy. It was after business hours but many of the girls, who slept upstairs from the bars they worked, were outside. They asked me to sit with them, so did I. One girl asked me: "Where do you go?" I said, "I go to church". - She immediately replied "I go with you" with a big smile. "Are you sure you want to come with me to church?" "Yes, I want, please!" This went back and forth a couple of times. First I thought she was joking, but after about ten minutes she said "come with me, I must tell my Mamasan" and she took me inside the bar. She woke up the in meanwhile sleeping Mamasan and said loud and clear. "I go to church now". Mamasan obviously a bit baffled, mumbled something to confirm and there we went to church. At the very same day she became a Christian.

From the time when she went with me to church until the time she stopped working, she visited me sometimes and insisted to wash/iron my clothes in her place(the bar - upstairs), picked them up and sent back one day later, and before our ways parted. A couple of weeks later she had stopped working and met her man.

After one year when I met her by coincidence in a shopping mall, she was married, her English better than most of the International University graduates, with no accent (she did speak a few words only when I met her first). She told me that she's working for a German company now, very hard, but that she's very very happy.

Many times when I think about this I also think I have found a pearl in a dirty water.

And before someone thinks naughty here, we didn't have any sexual relationship but mutual, unconditional respect and love in order to be set free. She never asked for one Satang even I knew she needed the most and she wouldn't have accepted either.

-- This is my experience of a Valentines Day --

Forget the hairdresser excuse:

"I met my girl when she was cashier"

"I met my girl when she worked at Lotus"

"I met my girl on the bus"

"I met my girl selling jeans at a Bangkok market"

Forgive me if i am wrong, but anytime i been around Bangkok in my past 2 years in Bkk 99.9% in such jobs can't speak English to save their lives. Find me a Lotus girl, cashier, bus conducteress together who can all speak English enough to have a foreign boyfriend and i'll buy you a beer. Unless the majority of thaivisa members are fluent in Thai. Or the ex-Thai-girlfriend got a doctorate in medicine with a degree from Harvard!!

So much drivvle is being told in here makes me wanna laugh or puke, or both!

But recently I had a long conversation with a bus conducterress in English on a 7 Baht bus. She even had a very articulated English.

Am I in Wonderland?