Closest Bts & Canal Boat

JusMe

Arriving by bus at Ekamai, and wanting to get to Democracy Monument (Wat Saket).

Very long bus ride down Sukhumvit, or skytrain to Saphan Thaksin and then river boat to Pra Arthit pier and walk to Democracy Monument (or taxi/moto)

But the canal boat seems the best option, arriving at Wat Saket and easy walk across to Democracy Monument.

But where is the easiest place along that skytrain route to get off and catch that canal boat?

Ideas?

Or you can get the bus near the bus station at Ekamai to the far end of Soi Ekamai, tuk tuk type bus, the canal boats stop somewhere there, you have to change boats at Pratunam, the end of the line for the first boat.

It can be quite an interesting journey though, depending on the time of day, the boats can get pretty crowded.

The #511 a/c bus will take you from Ekkamai to Democracy Monument (B18) but as you say, can take a long time; sometimes up to 90 minutes.

Ratchathewi/canal the best, but I find that getting on the boats can be very awkward, especially at busy times; more so carrying a bag.

I have to admit that I am also a bit queezy about getting sprayed by the filthy canal water.