I Love My Thai Wife

patong

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair ... they do make good wives..

Mine gives me breakfast in bed everyday and then goes off working in the rice field.

She then cycles back during her lunch break to make some food for me along with a couple of ice cold Chang.

Then after a 12 hour day picking rice, she makes me my evening meal and does the house hold chores...

Although, I have promised to buy a second-hand Honda wave next year so she doesn't have to cycle everywhere...

Mine gives me breakfast in bed everyday and then goes off working in the rice field.

She then cycles back during her lunch break to make some food for me along with a couple of ice cold Chang.

Then after a 12 hour day picking rice, she makes me my evening meal and does the house hold chores...

Although, I have promised to buy a second-hand Honda wave next year so she doesn't have to cycle everywhere...

:) OOOOOOO you are such a Romeo. You really know how to woo a woman. I am surprised if you don't have a line of women outside your door begging to take care of you.

Not everyone is carrying the baggage of past failed marriages but we do seem to be in the minority. I love my wife because she saved me from my life of debauchery and helped me to become a better man.

And what, pray tell, is wrong with a life of debauchery? So far it's been great for me for the past 14 years. :)

Nothing wrong with it per se. If I were in your shoes, no doubt I would live as you do. Fortunately, I am not. My years of debauchery extended for more than 20 but I felt as though I was approaching my sell-by-date.

No offense but I dreaded becoming a dirty old man cliché and perhaps falling victim to a young Lothario, like myself. I had a very good run of it while I was young and at my peak.

Now I am a happily married man with no desire to be single again or a daddy for that matter. Love and companionship are what I value now.

I vote for young and pretty, myself. Never could get next to ugly. That has always been a weakness of mine.

I sure envy you, perfect wife indeed :)

Well, are there rice fields in Pattaya...? :):D

About 10-15 kms out, all that cycling keeps her fit :D

Is there not a danger her health will decline if you buy the second hand wave? :D

Better look for an extra job, to fill in her freed up spare time, and replace the beneficial activity of cycling.

I love my Thai wife too, although more important is that fact that she loves me in return, and I know she does. She gave up her job in a bar (not a bargirl though) so that she could spend time with me. Then she moved in with me. Two weeks after I met her I married her, paid the sin sod, and thanked my lucky stars I'd finally found the one. Now we're often together 24 hours a day, eating all the food in the world, drinking, smoking, playing cards. I'm having a blast.

The only time we're apart is when she goes out with her platonic farang friends. She stays out all night so she doesn't wake me, and then when she does come back in the morning she always brings me food. The only problem is that I'm running out of money and will have to return to the west soon. I'm not looking forward to telling her, but as she loves me I know she will understand and will wait faithfully for me to return.

Take a look at how many happy mixed families you see around town. You'll see hundreds of happy Western guys with a Thai woman and a baby but fewer with 5 year olds and fewer still with 10/15/20 year olds as they are usually no longer together and if they are usually not very happy.

Pretty much the same in UK.

Take a look at how many happy mixed families you see around town. You'll see hundreds of happy Western guys with a Thai woman and a baby but fewer with 5 year olds and fewer still with 10/15/20 year olds as they are usually no longer together and if they are usually not very happy.

Pretty much the same in UK.

alah.... plse consider another point of view....

young mixed couples (or not mixed couples) usually would take care of babies' needs and disruptive changing demands cooperatively together....

by the time the child is 4 or 5+, the demanding child's interests change to something more human-like.... lol, so, mostly, only one parent would suffice to take care of the child.... taking the child to school, picking up the child.... so on and so forth....

and as the child grows older.... their needs become even more alike with adults.... and each tends to have their own preferred circle of buddies and friends....

to summarily conclude that because of the absence of any one parent in a close family circle..... shows that the family is usually not very happy.... is rather spurious.... don't you think....? :)

to summarily conclude that because of the absence of any one parent in a close family circle..... shows that the family is usually not very happy.... is rather spurious.... don't you think....? wink.gif

erm.... no, I think you're missing my point :D:):D

I'm talking about seeing a lot more babies/infants in restaurants, hotels, resorts, parties, movies and other places that kids go to with both parents than kids of 10 or 12.

^Among my acquaintances in mixed marriages who have children, the age range is fairly mixed over the number of years they have been in Thailand- admittedly none of them have been here long enough to have college-age children yet.

Offhand, I can think of 8 friends with kids between 16 and 25. Two of the kids have parents that live together.

^Among my acquaintances in mixed marriages who have children, the age range is fairly mixed over the number of years they have been in Thailand- admittedly none of them have been here long enough to have college-age children yet.

Offhand, I can think of 8 friends with kids between 16 and 25. Two of the kids have parents that live together.

Perhaps some farang men do not not make good understanding husbands??...........given that you feel Thai/Thai marriages are more solid as you stated above........seems plausible to me.

Perhaps some farang men do not not make good understanding husbands??...........given that you feel Thai/Thai marriages are more solid as you stated above........seems plausible to me.

I have friends in other countries with kids of the same age and most of them are with their wives. So it doesn't seem plausible to me.

Do you know any foreign men, married to Thai women with kids?

I have friends in other countries with kids of the same age and most of them are with their wives. So it doesn't seem plausible to me.

Do you know any foreign men, married to Thai women with kids?

There is a lovely thread on TV with photos of show your Luk kreung photo or something like that forget the exact title - go have a look

And yesI know a person very well with a lovely Thai wife and two lovely children.......me......so that makes it the norm in Thailand does it because I know me......everybody else must be the same.......to follow another flimsy unsubstanciated line of reasoning from you!!!

And yesI know a person very well with a lovely Thai wife and two lovely children.......me......so that makes it the norm in Thailand does it because I know me......everybody else must be the same.......to follow another flimsy unsubstanciated line of reasoning from you!!!

Do you know any foreign men, married to Thai women with kids over 15? If so, how many?

Do you know any foreign men, married to Thai women with kids over 15? If so, how many?

I know at least 5.

None of them fathered the kids though (at least not those belonging to their own wives)

I know no foreign men where I live in Thailand. :D .......so that makes it me......and again...... I am happy......so by your reasoning......every foreigner I know is!!!!...... :D

Now, you may not have noticed but in this charming thread, the general tone appears to be appreciative of the love and support provided by the Thai wives........if you and your friends are not experiencing this aspect of Thailand......I understand your frustrations....but as the topic title includes.....not all bad....and this little topic is just a small amount of irrefutable evidence that you and a couple of others appear not to be able to stomach. :D

That being the case I suggest (as one other TV poster put it in another thread) you go chew on another bone. :)

to summarily conclude that because of the absence of any one parent in a close family circle..... shows that the family is usually not very happy.... is rather spurious.... don't you think....? wink.gif

erm.... no, I think you're missing my point :D:D:D

I'm talking about seeing a lot more babies/infants in restaurants, hotels, resorts, parties, movies and other places that kids go to with both parents than kids of 10 or 12.

thx for your clarification.... now i can rest better....

yes, i also agree with your observation regarding not seeing too many youngsters running around with their parents.... :)

but these young adults to be.... have their own likes and dislikes.... :D

and many do prefer to hang around with peers than parents and sibbings.... :D

I love my wife because she is my soul mate, there is not anything I would not do for her, as is visa-versa.

She is a hard working women, makes great cement, a good cook, my best friend, etc

I thank Buddha everyday, that I found her!

Cheers: :)

I love my wife.

She's Thai but I would love her the same if she was South American, American, European or whatever.

Or I would not have married her in the first place.

I love my wife.

She's Thai but I would love her the same if she was South American, American, European or whatever.

Or I would not have married her in the first place. ..... :D:D:):D:D:D:D:D

Your funny post made me laugh. She’s Thai but……….can you speak Thai? How old are you and your wife? You love her, and she loves you too much. Have you ever had a problem about money?

I still fail to see why any of the negative comments would matter in this discussion. If a man loves his wife and his wife loves her husband then nothing else matters. It doesn't really matter how long their marriage remains happy... except to the couple. Some marriages end in tragedy, some end in divorce and others carry on with very little love between the couples at all. That doesn't deter from the fact that many couples remain happily in love until one or the other passes on.

I had 20 good years with my first wife and yet never really loved her. Maybe that's the reason why she had the affair that ended our marriage. I loved my second wife as much as anyone could love another, but that marriage lasted only 5 years because my wife couldn't handle the fact that her son was a druggy. No matter, I had 5 good years with the lady before things started going sour. I wouldn't trade those 5 great years for anything. And, I wouldn't trade the 20 years I had with my first wife either.

Statistics don't mean a thing. You could have one foot in boiling water and one foot in ice water and the averages would say you should be comfortable.

Everone can want something different out of a marriage and who are anyone else to judge what makes others happy?

This is absurd.

My son is at the French school in Bangkok, go there in the morning when everybody arrives. And start counting.

Ooops what did I just ask?

Obviously, counting and statistics have never been your favourite subjects... :)

By the way, is 15 a magic number? :D:D

Edited by eurasianthai