I Love My Thai Wife

patong

Statistics don't mean a thing. You could have one foot in boiling water and one foot in ice water and the averages would say you should be comfortable.

Everone can want something different out of a marriage and who are anyone else to judge what makes others happy?

-----

ian

u r truly something....

luv it--one foot in boiling water, the other on ice water.... :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in love with my wife since about a week after I met her and that was back in 1993.

It was a bit tricky at the time as I was married to a western woman and had a 15 year old son in the UK but after 6 more yerars I got a divorce.

I married my Thai wife who is 21 years younger than me in 2000 and we now have a 5 year old son in Thailand which is where we live now I am retired.

In retrospect I think it was the best thing I did in my life and if I could have changed anything it would only to have done it earlier.

We have a house an 20 rai of land which is hers and will go to our son when we die and she also has a small shop/restaurant which she has built up herself.

She was beautiful with long hair when I met her and in the 17 years she has cut her hair and put on some weight but she is still as beautiful to me now as the day I met her.

To my wife (who is working while I am not), I love you and will until the day I die.

Tghank you for being you. :)

It is wonderful that you have found happiness in your new life and will take care of your 5 year old son. And what of the other son? You know the one that was left to deal with the ex? Sure, he's older now and you may think he got over it, but I wonder if you really knows how he feels.

No, I'm not trying to pee on your wonderful life now, but I am always amazed by the guys that leave their former families for a "new" life in Thailand and figure, ah hey, the kids from the prior marriage will manage. Did you take care of the other son as well as you plan to deal with your new son? I'm raising the point because a couple of my classmates had fathers like this. They have nothing to do with their fathers now. One of them had a very wealthy father that took up with one of the secretaries and started a new family, but Miss Bimbo divorced him after a few years and took him for everything he had. He decided to make amends to the children that he basically ignored for the 10 years he was in nirvana. He had a bit of a shock when the son told him to go rot. The kicker was that the kids from the new family don't want anything to do with the old fellow. He's had a stroke and lives in an assisted care facility.

To answer your question, yes I did take care of my first son the same way I plan to take care of my second son.

The two main differences are that with my first son I was working away a lot so when I was at home I worked harder to be with him and with my second son I am that much older and cannot physically do now what I could do when I was younger but I have more time to spend with him which compensates for a lot.

My first son will be 32 next month and I have kept in touch with him over the years regularly on the phone, by email and also when I have been in the UK as well.

He seems to have turned out fairly well coming from what the pc brigade would say was a broken home though he was 19 when I left home.

He has been successful in his life and had a good job as a regional manager for Fiat cars and trucks in the UK until his last birthday when the wished him a happy birthday and good luck in his new job as he was being made redundant.

He had a few weeks off and then started selling cars for himself and by November he got anothe job as a regional manager for Renault cars in the UK.

And yes we do still keep in touch.

What a lovely and touching story.

May your happiness multiply many folds....

I have been in love with my wife since about a week after I met her and that was back in 1993.

It was a bit tricky at the time as I was married to a western woman and had a 15 year old son in the UK but after 6 more yerars I got a divorce.

I married my Thai wife who is 21 years younger than me in 2000 and we now have a 5 year old son in Thailand which is where we live now I am retired.

In retrospect I think it was the best thing I did in my life and if I could have changed anything it would only to have done it earlier.

We have a house an 20 rai of land which is hers and will go to our son when we die and she also has a small shop/restaurant which she has built up herself.

She was beautiful with long hair when I met her and in the 17 years she has cut her hair and put on some weight but she is still as beautiful to me now as the day I met her.

To my wife (who is working while I am not), I love you and will until the day I die.

It is wonderful that you have found happiness in your new life and will take care of your 5 year old son. And what of the other son? You know the one that was left to deal with the ex? Sure, he's older now and you may think he got over it, but I wonder if you really knows how he feels.

No, I'm not trying to pee on your wonderful life now, but I am always amazed by the guys that leave their former families for a "new" life in Thailand and figure, ah hey, the kids from the prior marriage will manage. Did you take care of the other son as well as you plan to deal with your new son? I'm raising the point because a couple of my classmates had fathers like this. They have nothing to do with their fathers now. One of them had a very wealthy father that took up with one of the secretaries and started a new family, but Miss Bimbo divorced him after a few years and took him for everything he had. He decided to make amends to the children that he basically ignored for the 10 years he was in nirvana. He had a bit of a shock when the son told him to go rot. The kicker was that the kids from the new family don't want anything to do with the old fellow. He's had a stroke and lives in an assisted care facility.

To answer your question, yes I did take care of my first son the same way I plan to take care of my second son.

The two main differences are that with my first son I was working away a lot so when I was at home I worked harder to be with him and with my second son I am that much older and cannot physically do now what I could do when I was younger but I have more time to spend with him which compensates for a lot.

My first son will be 32 next month and I have kept in touch with him over the years regularly on the phone, by email and also when I have been in the UK as well.

He seems to have turned out fairly well coming from what the pc brigade would say was a broken home though he was 19 when I left home.

He has been successful in his life and had a good job as a regional manager for Fiat cars and trucks in the UK until his last birthday when the wished him a happy birthday and good luck in his new job as he was being made redundant.

He had a few weeks off and then started selling cars for himself and by November he got anothe job as a regional manager for Renault cars in the UK.

There is a lovely thread on TV with photos of show your Luk kreung photo or something like that forget the exact title - go have a look

And yesI know a person very well with a lovely Thai wife and two lovely children.......me......so that makes it the norm in Thailand does it because I know me......everybody else must be the same.......to follow another flimsy unsubstanciated line of reasoning from you!!!

I fail to see how looking at photos of total strangers kids could be lovely... ??

As i said, Thai wives are great as they haven't been poisoned by Western culture and they know their place in the home i.e in the kitchen or out working providing income....

Anyway, congradulations on your perfect life .... you forgot to mention the shiney Toyota Fortuna parked in the drive.

Edited by William Osborne

There is a lovely thread on TV with photos of show your Luk kreung photo or something like that forget the exact title - go have a look

And yesI know a person very well with a lovely Thai wife and two lovely children.......me......so that makes it the norm in Thailand does it because I know me......everybody else must be the same.......to follow another flimsy unsubstanciated line of reasoning from you!!!

I fail to see how looking at photos of total strangers kids could be lovely... ??

As i said, Thai wives are great as they haven't been poisoned by Western culture and they know their place in the home i.e in the kitchen or out working providing income....

Anyway, congradulations on your perfect life .... you forgot to mention the shiney Toyota Fortuna parked in the drive.

:)

:)

there is lots of great posts and some very happy couples, but for them who have not found love, there is some one out there for everyone.

come to think of it....

if thailand is really that unsatisfactory....

i for one would probably be moving on to .... let me see....

should i ask for asylum in hkg, taiwan, china, indo, s'pore, india, dubai or saudi where i do have friends in high places.... :D

no, i'll stay in thailand for another decade or two.... LOL

and remain an unrecognizable farang.... wandering around happily amongst the best and the worst of thais.... :)

Good to hear Bill that you are a responsible father - I have a couple of friends whose fathers left for young Thai ladies when they were about 20 and never bothered to keep in touch. My friends hated their fathers for it, and even hated the idea of them marrying a Thai lady half their age. Come to think of it, I know quite a few guys who abandoned families in the UK. Seems that Thailand attracts a lot of selfish older guys.

Good to hear Bill that you are a responsible father - I have a couple of friends whose fathers left for young Thai ladies when they were about 20 and never bothered to keep in touch. My friends hated their fathers for it, and even hated the idea of them marrying a Thai lady half their age. Come to think of it, I know quite a few guys who abandoned families in the UK. Seems that Thailand attracts a lot of selfish older guys.

Yes, you know, men and their dicks. And it doesn't get better with getting older. Someone like a bet that 'responsible father' will fall in love again with a beautiful long haired twenty something in a few years time?

I wouldn't bet a single satang against it.

Yes, you know, men and their dicks. And it doesn't get better with getting older. Someone like a bet that 'responsible father' will fall in love again with a beautiful long haired twenty something in a few years time?

Of course you are right about dicks and all. Never could understand why they like beautiful long haired twenty somethings over nice wrinkled old blue-hairs. I would, however, suggest investing in a vasectomy along the way to avoid yet another generation of guilt trips, or spending ones twilight years changing diapers.

As for me, my lovely young wife is a definite keeper. No trade-ins for me. Approaching eleven years of marriage and she is still 20 years younger than I am. Amazing how that works.

Of course you are right about dicks and all. Never could understand why they like beautiful long haired twenty somethings over nice wrinkled old blue-hairs. I would, however, suggest investing in a vasectomy along the way to avoid yet another generation of guilt trips, or spending ones twilight years changing diapers.

As for me, my lovely young wife is a definite keeper. No trade-ins for me. Approaching eleven years of marriage and she is still 20 years younger than I am. Amazing how that works.

I am with you on keeping my wife though she is no longer as young as she once was. However by some odd trick of fate the age difference between us never seems to change.

It will be 11 years of marriage for me next month.

And in May it will 17 years since we first met.

Edited by billd766

I love my wife, because if I didn't she would kill me! or cut off pieces of me

She has an absolutely explosive temper, never listens to a word anyone says, swears like a trooper, has no idea about money - whatever she has is spent, eats constantly and extremely spicy food, could not cook, rarely cleaned...

...but, she is the smartest woman I know (though uneducated), is generous to a fault, is the one all her family come to for advice, worked 3 jobs to provide for her family, learned to cook & clean (she got rid of our maid), would walk over burning coals for our kids, takes no bullsh*t from anyone (no one saves face when she is around!), has a perfect body and beautiful smile (3 kids and mid 30's but people still think she's 20), has higher moral standards than me!

7 years and stronger than ever!

I don't know about Thai women. There are too many

shit heads to make it worth picking the one who

could be a good wife in the LONG TERM.

Yeah there are lots with sexy little bodies, charming

manners and smiles that can warm the coldest of

hearts, but when it comes to living with someone

year in year out................

I had a Thai girl, met her when I 20 and she was 19.

At first she was fantastic, no bullshit we had some

great times, she treated me so good and

was understanding........... maybe I did not treat her

as good as I could have but I was good to her and

had a good heart for her.

One day this changed she stopped answering my calls

and when I saw her she had a glazed over evil look in

her face that you will not get from European girls who

might shout some but you know what has happened.

I dragged out the relationship trying to get her back to

her smiley self but it was over. Maybe this is just my

personal experience but I have heard stories of cruel

deception from Thai women that make my story look

like it had a fairy tale ending.

I met my wife at the Emirates check in desk, it’s been an eventful and enjoyable 6 years. The most important thing with mixed marriages is understanding cultural differences and being able to communicate properly. Sending my wife to a good English school for 2 years was money well spent.

Unlike many, I do not view my wife as an object that I would never obtain in my own country.

I love my Thai wife because.. of her i changed for the better..an improved attitude, stopped drinking and smoking ( 5 months ago), which should keep me around longer to enjoy her, help her and love her.

Before meeting her i was an inveterate butterfly, and sort of enjoyed that, (in a way that a dog likes to scratch a wound to it's own ultimate demise)..but found there was always an inherent sadness deep down, a longing not quite understood, a feeling of never being quite satisfied and always needing more..something missing...

signed: her