How To Get Married?

I'm from Germany and met a Thai lady who I'm thinking of getting married to. I was divorced twice before and need to know the steps to getting married in Thailand. My buddys tell me not to remarry but I think three times is a charm as she makes me happy.

For foreigners wanting to get married in Thailand, it's fairly simple. This process will not take longer than 7 days.

The first step will be to obtain an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry from your embassy. This has to be done by you. Normally, the embassy will just require your passport and 2 reference persons (including their respective contact information and addresses) if you are single.

As you have been divorced previously, you must present your "original" divorce decree(s)/divorce certificate(s) of all prior marriages as an added requirement to being single. If widowed/(er), then a death certificate is an added requirement. For divorced and widowed/(er) applicants, an affirmation of Single Status must also be acquired (as a supporting document to Freedom to marry). The embassy will issue these documents within the same day.

These documents will have to be translated into Thai language and must be officially certified at the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs. Thereafter you will be required to officially register your marriage at the Local District Office in Thailand.

Edited by SunbeltAsiaExpert