I Wont Shop At 7/11 Again

I for one am pretty confident that none or very close to it actually gets to the Haitians.

Money is money, and be it two baht or two thousand, please give it back to me as it is MY change, thank you.

good luck u would have to go to haiti to get that back.

better off at big c. u get more for your money. thats come from big c

another technque. is that u could just stand there and laugh. i don't meen a short laugh i mean a loooooooooong laugh. i mean laugh for 4 hours. tell them that u will stop when u get your money back. laugh al the customers out the shop. if they ask why u r laughing tell them that u r laughingat the funny situation.its so funny that u just want to stay and laugh. ha hah ha hah ah ah ahahahahah.

:D Yes the staff are morons. In my basket was a book "Thai Ladyboys" and I had hoped with the long queue, it would all be packed into a bag unnoticed and charged. But no, the idiot behind the counter had to hold the book up and shout "Another one, boy are we selling a lot of this book today" Prick !

:):D:D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me,that everybody suffers from some form of tunnelvision;only focusing on the amount,while the op was upset,not for the 2 baht, but over the way that the clerk,without even asking permission,handled his change and after that ignored him.Of course he,and most of us,can live without change of 2 baht.Or 20 baht.Indeed,I think we can survive to not get any change back on 500 baht....But that is not the subject here;the subject is,wether it is correct for a salesperson to decide for you what to do with your money,regardless of what the amount is.

Correct - thank you, and no I am not a troll.

You are indeed a troll.

Seems to me,that everybody suffers from some form of tunnelvision;only focusing on the amount,while the op was upset,not for the 2 baht, but over the way that the clerk,without even asking permission,handled his change and after that ignored him.Of course he,and most of us,can live without change of 2 baht.Or 20 baht.Indeed,I think we can survive to not get any change back on 500 baht....But that is not the subject here;the subject is,wether it is correct for a salesperson to decide for you what to do with your money,regardless of what the amount is.

You are indeed a troll.

He is indeed a troll and we should all ignore him! :)

Gona be an early night for you Sean, started early did we

But if you wanted to make a point about the 2 baht you should have bought something else, small and give here 2 baht short

with a smile off course

:)

I like ur way of thinking.

Other than khao sarn road, I'd rate 7-11 in thailand as extremely polite and amazing customer service. I prefer to give my money to Mom & Pop stores but in my soi got tired being polite but the shop owner never saying thanks,or silly issues with beer not being cold enough, what's the problem u have bought ice, haven't u.

last night my gf & I went for a few bevvies in Lamai at a local live music venue (thai owned). The bill was 1640 so we handed over 2k baht & 15 minutes later still no change. gf went to cashier & asked for change & he/she said "oh we think tip". Cheeky fkkers, him & the waiting girl had concluded that cause we were a bit tipsy we wouldn't notice a 340baht shortfall. Umm, yes I may be drunk but I'm not a moron. No harm, change given & off we went. Will it stop us going back? Well no, we have been going there for the past 13 years & know the staff & owners sticky fingered ways well & that is why, when the bill came we were aware of the lack of change & did something about it.

OP if you wanted your 2 baht & to really make a stand you should have asked for the manager & got it from them. Simples really :)

^Spot on boo. Ohh, now you might also like to explain to us why your so tight over a mere 340 baht :D ...just kidding :D .

I havent struck such a thing, but I constantly notice on restuarant bills that they can sometimes often add the bill up incorrectly (always in their favour of course), so suddenly 60,80,150,120,10,10,65, somehow equals 560 baht, that urks me and as I add really fastly in my head I am always quick to point this out. :)

My mother may dress me funny but I aint stupid :D

You are indeed a troll.

Dunno about him being a troll but he's certainly tight with his cash :)

last night my gf & I went for a few bevvies in Lamai at a local live music venue (thai owned). The bill was 1640 so we handed over 2k baht & 15 minutes later still no change. gf went to cashier & asked for change & he/she said "oh we think tip". Cheeky fkkers, him & the waiting girl had concluded that cause we were a bit tipsy we wouldn't notice a 340baht shortfall. Umm, yes I may be drunk but I'm not a moron. No harm, change given & off we went. Will it stop us going back? Well no, we have been going there for the past 13 years & know the staff & owners sticky fingered ways well & that is why, when the bill came we were aware of the lack of change & did something about it.

OP if you wanted your 2 baht & to really make a stand you should have asked for the manager & got it from them. Simples really :)

funny that story. same thing happened to me in a thai restrant. in england. gave the lady a 20 pound note. i got distracted and she gave me change for 5 pounds

funny that story. same thing happened to me in a thai restrant. in england. gave the lady a 20 pound note. i got distracted and she gave me change for 5 pounds

Maybe that's the only thing the Thais learn well at school!!! :D

Maybe that's the only thing the Thais learn well at school!!! :D

the funny thing. inmy experience. when ever they make a mistake. it alwasy costs me money. the ladies exuce was. " sorry sir. i got distracted also". funny that. good business. charge people for my own mistakes. i would be a 76 billionare. lol

2 Baht ! have you thought of calling tourist police ?

Not really. I don't really think there is much that they could do about it. I am just writing it off as a bad loss and experience. Will now only shop at mom and pop stores anyway.

I think our definitions of a "bad loss and experience" differ. Between your 2 baht and the thousands of lives lost, millions of dollars worth of damage, a country rife with disease because it has been hit by one of the worst earthquakes in history, I would say the latter is a worse loss and experience. Maybe next time you should mark the 2 baht coins in invisible ink,, fly over to Haiti and snatch it out the poor homeless victims hand.

Edited by les Dennis

2 Baht ! have you thought of calling tourist police ?

Not really. I don't really think there is much that they could do about it. I am just writing it off as a bad loss and experience. Will now only shop at mom and pop stores anyway.

I think our definitions of a "bad loss and experience" differ. Between your 2 baht and the thousands of lives lost, millions of dollars worth of damage, a country rife with disease because it has been hit by one of the worst earthquakes in history, I would say the latter is a worse loss and experience. Maybe next time you should mark the 2 baht coins in invisible ink,, fly over to Haiti and snatch it out the poor homeless victims hand.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D Thanks les.

OP if you wanted your 2 baht & to really make a stand you should have asked for the manager & got it from them. Simples really :D

judging by the illiterate pish that you post on here persistanly, wouldnt imagine that it would take much to distract you :D you will probly find that it was strangely enough for a 14. 99p dinner,, where was your 1p change :):D:D , food for thought, whilst drinking your chang outside 7_11

"the funny thing. inmy experience. when ever they make a mistake. it alwasy costs me money. the ladies exuce was. " sorry sir. i got distracted also". funny that. good business. charge people for my own mistakes. i would be a 76 billionare. lol"

Once in the Tesco the cashier gave me too much change. I told her and the crowed behind got confused first, they said why? no problem, and I told them why, then everyone smiled incl. the cashier in a way you seldom see, they said good man and so. No need, knowing what things cost I buy and pay for it, or I don't buy it.

"the funny thing. inmy experience. when ever they make a mistake. it alwasy costs me money. the ladies exuce was. " sorry sir. i got distracted also". funny that. good business. charge people for my own mistakes. i would be a 76 billionare. lol"

Once in the Tesco the cashier gave me too much change. I told her and the crowed behind got confused first, they said why? no problem, and I told them why, then everyone smiled incl. the cashier in a way you seldom see, they said good man and so. No need, knowing what things cost I buy and pay for it, or I don't buy it.

that remeindes me of a m8 that got ripped off by a taxi in bangkok. then went to 7/11 to buy some condoms and he gave them 100 baht note they gave him change for1000. swings and round abouts.

suppose u could blag it that u made a mistake. if u wanted to. if u were that kind of a person but there again. sometimes mistakes do happen which makes the blag harder to prove which is what makes it a good one or i mean hard 1