Why Ning Is Going To Bangkok Tonight In Her Red Shirt

Cnxforever

Samak, the then Prime Minister was fired for doing a cooking show for crying out loud. A cooking show.

He wasn't fired. He was convicted of lying about having a paying job outside his primary job.

To borrow your own phrase, if it wasn't for that perjury, he would have been canned for "something else" as he already had been convicted on other charges with still other charges pending at the time of his death.

Edited by cdb11

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samak, the then Prime Minister was fired for doing a cooking show for crying out loud. A cooking show.

He wasn't fired for doing a cooking show, he was forced to stand down because he was employing himself (ie paying himself a salary) to appear on a state run TV channel. It's not hard to see the conflict in that surely?

And as we know, he could have stood right back up again, were it not for his master deciding he was no longer of use.

What a load of <deleted>.

Ning is going to Bangkok because she id being paid to do so.

She was told that poor Mr Thaksin has a lot of his money stolen by this bad government, and Mr Thaksin loves all the people from Rural Thailand.

Ning cannot understand the complexities of the Court ruling that was handed down the other day, and how it showed that Thaksin has not legally earned all of the money that he has.

Ning cannot understand this because of the Standard of education she recieved.

The education system that was set up by Thaksin and others who have led this country.

This whole thing is about a greedy man in Dubai who wants his money back at any cost.

If ning and others get hurt, Mr Thaksin will not be there to wipe the blood off.

Maybe Ning does understand though, that the present government was not voted in and elected by the Thai people, and possibly knows they will all now have better cars, homes, kids education, foreign holidays due to the money seized from Mr T.

Maybe she also realises the majority of the cash will in no way benefit the Thai people, as it should in any morally intact democratic country.

It always amazes me why posters on here open their mouths before putting their brain into gear. The legitimacy of the current Government has been covered in many posts before. I suggest you use the search bar on Thaivisa or even google to understand how the current Government is LEGITIMATE. Geez some people :) ................................

Ning cannot understand the complexities of the Court ruling ...

You're the load of <deleted>. How can you presume to know what Ning understands? I wish arrogant ass wipes like you would simply return your home countries and share your unkind personalities with the others of your ilk.

Edited by ferd54

It always amazes me why posters on here open their mouths before putting their brain into gear. The legitimacy of the current Government has been covered in many posts before. I suggest you use the search bar on Thaivisa or even google to understand how the current Government is LEGITIMATE. Geez some people :) ................................

Calm down :D . It's just typical red propaganda when they're running out of excuses of what their cause should be.

An excellent post. Well done.

This story perfectly illustrates a point I have been making for a long time now - the red shirt movement isn't about Thaksin. It isn't about his money. Until the red shirts are allowed to voice their grievances and are taken seriously the problem will not go away.

rubbish

Very good and very sad story, I had to fight a bit to keep back the tears. It is similar to the oldest sister of my first wife here in Thailand, except that her story ended when she hung herself when she was 20 years old.

It is very true that the poor Thais deserve a change. It is also, IMHO, a fact that many red shirt supporters are supporting the movement because they want and need change, not really because they know, or even care, what the red shirts stand for and where they come from. The message of change is mesmerizing.

It is, IMO, also not a coincidence at all that most red shirt supporters have low education and it is not only that they need change the most, it is also that they are deliberately targeted because they are the ones most easily convinced

Yes, there are, but the days of colonies are a thing of the past - sadly.

Goddamn that was sad, made me want to cry. :) This country DOES need a revolution, but of course Thaksin isn't the answer. Why is it so hard to find good people to run this country? Is there no one that would completely rehaul the education system and raise minimum wage and generally just look out for its main population?

In other words, they are being used. Again.

Yes, exactly the same as many Americans (most of them without passports) were by Bush, except that they didn't need and want change, they wanted leadership. But it is basically the same, it is the strategy of people who wants to have power and influence

You're the load of <deleted>. How can you presume to know what Ning understands?

If she acually existed her understanding would be told by her actions.

The truth is I am unable to what you are saying. So my response is HUH?

Ning is going to Bangkok because she id being paid to do so.

She was told that poor Mr Thaksin has a lot of his money stolen by this bad government, and Mr Thaksin loves all the people from Rural Thailand.

Ning cannot understand the complexities of the Court ruling that was handed down the other day, and how it showed that Thaksin has not legally earned all of the money that he has.

Ning cannot understand this because of the Standard of education she recieved.

The education system that was set up by Thaksin and others who have led this country.

This whole thing is about a greedy man in Dubai who wants his money back at any cost.

If ning and others get hurt, Mr Thaksin will not be there to wipe the blood off.

Thank god someone said it!

Has Nings story been translated by an objective bystander? It reads a bit UK tabloid.

My wife is Thai and has never given the impression that upper or middle class people look down on her. I find Thai's pretty friendly on the whole and wonder if this story teller is the person with the chip on his shoulder and not Ning.

How do you explain that populist policies to Ning where designed to get the poor majority of the country on his side and then change policy to benefit himself. How else did he make billions whilst prime minister of the country? This alone would have got him impeached in any western country.

The guy bought votes and now their argument is that its undemocratic to not have him as leader. Comparing his ousting to Aung San Suu Kyi

Taksin and cronies should be charged with incitement to riot for those speeches.

If things do get out of hand this weekend in Bangkok it might be that the often over zealous armed forces are very heavy handed. This sort of thing needs nipping in the bud but i really hope there is no bloodshed.

People wanting equality and to a change a corrupt system is good but Taksin is not their savior.

Edited by Pui

An excellent post. Well done.

This story perfectly illustrates a point I have been making for a long time now - the red shirt movement isn't about Thaksin. It isn't about his money. Until the red shirts are allowed to voice their grievances and are taken seriously the problem will not go away.

This shows that you have not been here long enough or has little interaction with Thais using their own language. Thais have (unfortunately) been brought up to accept and not to question, it is deeply rooted in Thai tradition and it is not going away in only a generation. The problem, reactions to the problems rather, would have gone away a long time ago hadn't it been for investments made behind the scene

People wanting equality and to a change a corrupt system is good but Taksin is not their savior. He is all about personnel wealth.

I'd say that he is more about power than money nowadays :) But we should not forget that he actually also did introduce some good reforms for the poor

Edited by MikeyIdea

People wanting equality and to a change a corrupt system is good but Taksin is not their savior. He is all about personnel wealth.

I'd say that he is more about power than money nowadays :) But we should not forget that he actually also did introduce some good reforms for the poor

What were they besides some 30baht healthcare scheme?

Free mobiles?

Motobikes?

Better Education?

Shark ammensty from gambling debt?

Please tell us all how they were so much better off under him?

Can anybody memorize the hatred, looking down, foul speech against the poor and discrimination of the poor during PAD's protest? Is there anything else? and then the 30:70 proposal to rob them even more?

Edited by elcent

Ning is going to BKK because she has been duped. And I know a girl with a much more tear-dropping story, born in Issan to poor parents and later ran away to BKK, that isn't going to join in on the madness. The difference is that she is a very bright girl, even if she never finished the normal school nor any higher education.

I was born poor and will die poor - so I should go to Bangkok and throw excrement at people so as Thaksin can get his money back???????

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Very good way of putting it!

Edited by Pui

Well - the poor in this country need a person who will fight for them. Thaksin is not that person, he's just another snake oil salesman who will take advantage of them.

Right sentiment, wrong leader!

I once wondered if the right thing can be done by the wrong person for the wrong reasons - Bush invading Iraq, toppling Saddam. The outcome was very clear: No.

I can't believe that 5 pages have been created on this thread on an unverified story from an unverified source.

I might try to dig an item out myself from somewhere, now what was that site again..... 'not' the nation . com.

I'll find it.

Nelson Mandella is a convicted terrorist and people all over the world look up to him. :)

Arafat got a Nobel price for peace. But stole from his people and was a real bloody terrorist.

Anyway nice story but it does not convince me one bit there will always be people who are of badly. This is a normal thing of life and can't be changed. We have seen how good it worked in the Soviet Union where there was no incentive to achieve.

I am not saying that some things need to be changed here i am saying there will always be differences. Thaksin did wel in manipulating the poor and stole a lot he is a criminal nothing more nothing less.

In this country the politicians always look out for themselves it does not really matter what color their shirt is they all steal.

arafat was an egyptian and not from palestine, he sold out the cause, hence why he received the noble peace prize and became a convienent figure head for the isrealies to keep all the other fractions of the jihad intifadah uprisings at bay.

i think you will find that if he had been that much of a threat to the state of isreal, mosad would have done away with him long before he died.

the only people that really wanted him out of the way were groups such as hezbollah.

sorry off topic.

Just went trough the latest posts of the OP and it seems to me that Thaksin doesn't only have a facebook and twitter account.

lol

:)

Also agreed.

He's not alone, though. Seems half of his staff is on here.