Mason Jars

BarnicaleBob

I would like to do some canning here in Chiang Mai but I have run into a problem. I can't seem to find any mason jars, has anyone ever seen them for sale in Thailand? I am interested in purchasing at least a case and maybe more if anyone knows where I can get them.

Thanks,

BB

Try Central there. I have purchased jars made by Luminarc with 2 peice cap, similar to the current ball jars, not the old ones with the bale wire clasp which i am using fr commercial food samples. They work OK, best if using steam rather than full water bath if you are cooking, if hot fill should be no problem.

I feel they are a bit more sensitve to thermal shock so be careful if you cool them

. Have contacted Ball in the states but they have no distributer here and will only sell full pallets for overseas. If you make it to bangkok Paragon has some german brand jars for jams and canning, less expensive than the luminarc 215 baht, Central is cleaning up again.

There was a shop in Wororot (spelling ?) market area.

I bought 3 cases of 12 x 1 Pint jars (mason/home discovery) a while back.

Worked out at about 100 B per jar.

But recently they havnt had any.

Worth a try tho'.

Walk up night bazar road against the traffic.

Go straight over the crossroad into Wororot area.

Look out on your left for a shop selling glass & plastic stuff.

They were in the front part of the shop.

KDK,

Can you elaborate on directions to the Luminarc jars.

Im not a local, is that Central Airport Plaza.

Mason jars are nice. There is a place near the Mung Mai market up a block from The US Consulate that sells plastic bags and such. They have an assortment of jars in various sizes with new lids. Not mason jars but good canning jars and a lot cheaper.

Also at True value in Bangkok and presumably though not necessarily at their other locations too but not one in Chiang Mai yet, they have a wide selection, I can't be sure as I only looked casually but I think they were Ball and they do specialize in US products so possible..

I buy my jars from Makro, can't remember the price thoough, sorry.

I'm also looking for replacement rubber rings for the jars. Seems stupid but Makro doesn't hav ethem nor does anywhere esle I've tried. If anyone sees any, please give me a nod.

Thanks

AjarnP

I had the same problem with the 10 inch waxer/polisher I bought sadly enough, every one sold it but no one sold the replacement pads so ultimately for some years I had a nice polisher that was unusable and I complained at every opportunity to deaf and oblivious ears. fortunately I had sold the car and didn't have one again for a few years and now that I have one again I finally found some pads in True Value also.. Not where I bought the polisher though..

• 1 year later...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Barnicale Bob,

As another poster noted" recently observed genuine "Mason Ball" glass jars, with the rubber seals, and snap-down seal wire closure, at Rimping Nawarat store; they also had another brand.

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Barnicale Bob,

As another poster noted" recently observed genuine "Mason Ball" glass jars, with the rubber seals, and snap-down seal wire closure, at Rimping Nawarat store; they also had another brand.

best, ~o:37;

Thank you Orang37, I will check that out tomorrow.