Best Breakfast In Bangkok?

thaigerd

• 3 months later...
Do you really mean THREE THOUSAND baht for one person's breakfast bill???  :)
Gerd, what's your ballpark budget, per person, for the breakfast of your dreams???

3000Baht

Yes!

But I am expecting some champagne, smoked eel, salmon, caviar :D

nice to have that kind of money. :unsure:

Hi Chef.

I think the buffet at the Marriot on Soi 2 (At 800bt P/P) is the finest spread in the central Sukhumvit area. Its served in very nice surroundings, and you have EVERY possible food available from (An obviously) skilled crew.

Let me know your assesment!biggrin.gif

Gerd, what's your ballpark budget, per person, for the breakfast of your dreams???

3000Baht

Hi Thaigerd,

If you are looking for an absolutely fantastic breakfast for a budget of 3000 Baht, why not wake up a bit later and just make it a Sunday Brunch instead?

Centara Grand's Surf and Turf Champagne Brunch is held once a month and might meet your criteria. Everything you wish for from made-to-order eggs to Foie Gras, Lobster and even Wagyu Beef. Around 2500 Baht per person. I haven't tried it myself since I am not much of a drinker but I definitely will pop in atleast once during my stay here. You can search for an article/review on it (Google: "Last Word In Extravagance")

Or Perhaps Sunday Brunch at Plaza Anthanee? Or even Four Seasons, all within your budget. If you prefer a more relaxed meal away from all the Hi-so Big Haired women of Bangkok, Trader Vic's at Marriot Riverside?

I am not usually a tight arse but to me Baht 500 for breakfast seems really expensive. I certainly wouldn't pay that, but then I don't eat breakfast. Some of the posters seem to live to eat, whereas I am the opposite. :unsure: I'm sorry I do not go into paroxysms of ecstasy over the gustatory experience of breakfast. Do I need to seek professional help? :lol:

Wine Connection at K-Village (which do seem to have good food at surprisingly good prices) have just launched a breakfast for 200 or so baht. The photo looks VERY good, but I will go and try on Monday and see if it's too good to be true.

I am not usually a tight arse but to me Baht 500 for breakfast seems really expensive. I certainly wouldn't pay that, but then I don't eat breakfast. Some of the posters seem to live to eat, whereas I am the opposite. :unsure: I'm sorry I do not go into paroxysms of ecstasy over the gustatory experience of breakfast. Do I need to seek professional help? :lol:

Make sure the curtains are fully closed and failing that a pillow over your head.....works for me.....save yourself a fortune too.....breakfast is way overrated in Thailand imo.

1000 Baht breakfast.....some of you have more money than sense.......5000 for dinner of course is a different matter. B)

Wine Connection at K-Village (which do seem to have good food at surprisingly good prices) have just launched a breakfast for 200 or so baht. The photo looks VERY good, but I will go and try on Monday and see if it's too good to be true.

I read the first two words and thought we were heading for a 'buckfast breakfast experience'......ahh those student days! :D

that's A$100+ for brekky!! Difficult to believe I'm afraid. Prior to retiring I almost lived in 5 star hotels in Australia, minimum 12 nights a month, and I never came across a $100 brekky at a Hyatt, Hilton, or even the Regent of Sydney.

Edited by F4UCorsair