Delivery From Uk

gennisis

post-40598-1269063305_thumb.jpg

I had a yearning for some decent mint chocs...ordered a kilo of Bendicts bittermints from Britstore last tuesday...delivered Friday by GHL....excellent :D .

Then the shock :D

Duties payable 1006baht.!!! :)

So each choc has cost me about 100 baht. Shan't be doing that very often....treat or not.

If it wasnt for the temperatures here I would have risked it sent my mail ,where I understand ,it is very rare that duties are charged.

Buyers beware!!!

Further to all the above I have now studied all the DHL paperwork and found it quite laughable...the weight was given as 0.5 kilo...NO...the chocs weighed 1.16 Kilo.

The price on which the Thai duty was assesed is given as 45.54 GBP but this is incorrect since it inc luded the transport costs,so DHL thailand are charging import duty on freight costs now !!

I intend to waste a few hours at the Chiang Mai depot to hear their version of all this next week

Edited by gennisis

^are they soft centred as well?

Bendicts bittermints.

Plain (96% cocoa) chocolate covered fondant(softish centre) Peppermint oil flavoured.

Strong and very moorish.

Princess Diana's favourite I believe....but I bet she didnt have to pay 100% duties.

Duty is calculated on CIF, cost,insurance,freight...I believe.

Correct! Duty should be calculated on the freight to Thailand as well, so DHL did the right thing.

Next time send by postal mail, who do not care that much about the regulations.