Education Visa

Hi,

May I ask for information?

I enrolled in a thai language school and received 2 sets of documents to get ED visa. The one is for a Thai embassy outside Thailand, the other for an Immgration office in Thailand.

I am going to submit the one set to Thai embassy in Laos. When should I go to bring the other set to an immigration office? And can I submit it to any immigration office in Thailand?

I asked the school staff, but she did not know the answer.

Photo sized 3cm×4cm is Ok for the application?

Best regards

You would only need one set for the visa application at the embassy/consulate.

After your first 90 days in Thailand run out, you need different papers from your school (stating you attended classes) to get your 90 day extension at the immigration office. Normally you only get that paper just before you have to go to immigration.

The 90 day extension you can only get at the immigration office responsible for the area you live in.

You use the paper for Consulate to obtain the visa. Photo are normally 4x6cm I believe.

To extend your stay with immigration after your first 90 days the second set of paperwork might be intended to be used but would have to be updated to include your class attendance report. I suspect school gave you both not knowing which you needed.

If what you say is true, and IF you have made every effort to exact information from this school and they have fallen short of their commitment to you, then;

It seems rather curious to me that you are engaged with a supposed Thai language school that is unable to offer you any information regarding the paperwork that they have bestowed upon you; in addition to the other information that you are seeking here, rather than from the people who should take the time and consideration to care for you, their customer.

I suggest that you get them to spell out what sort of paperwork they have given you, and in what order you are supposed to present it, and to whom you are to present it to, and where this must take place. Anything less is shoddy customer relations management.

The first set of docs you mentioned should be from the Ministry of Education, which provide information that you are a student enrolled at this supposed school and contains your first letter of enrollment.

The second set of docs, without any information as to what they state at the top of the page, are a mystery, as I am only aware of the need for secondary documents at your first 90 day visit to your the Department of Immigration (the one closest to your school) to present your second letter from the Department of Education to the immigration authorities.

Really though, the people you are paying should be the ones who support you through this time. Not having an answer is unacceptable at best.

This, respectfully to you and that school, is merely my professional opinion.

Caveat emptor!