Thai Women Are Great!

cognos

American, Brit, Canadian and Aussie women tend to have the nerve to consider themselves the man's equal

F1 brings forward an important point.

It's true.

In the past 20 years or so, the concept of woman's equality has spread everywhere in English-speaking countries.

But not here in Thailand.

In the past 20 years or so, millions of men from English-speaking countries have made the effort to travel to Thailand.

Primarily for the Thai women.

Thankfully, men have a choice.

The millions of women left behind may not be so pleased about that, but they do consider themselves the man's equal, don't they.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Interesting point.......maybe the Thai ladies are attracted to the men who are prepared to elevate them to the status of being equal?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want more than that, you're screwed. Unless you are young or are old and have a woman close to your own age (assuming you're old), who knows she will be unable to find better.

For 'true' happiness, you need to find a woman who considers herself subservient. Otherwise she'll not spend her life telling you how wonderful you are, but will tell you exactly what truly thinks.

Its the trade off in Thailand.

Edited by F1fanatic

I'm not sure about the 'Thai women' racial stereotyping but there is one thing that does appeal to me about Thailand.

A married man has joint custody his children by law and it is enforced.

If you can't agree to terms with the ex the court will enforce, first semester with her, second semester with him.

None of this 'you will never see your children again' rubbish that my former English wife came out with (and kept to).

Edited by sarahsbloke

If you want more than that, you're screwed. Unless you are young or are old and have a woman close to your own age (assuming you're old), who knows she will be unable to find better.

For 'true' happiness, you need to find a woman who considers herself subservient. Otherwise she'll not spend her life telling you how wonderful you are, but will tell you exactly what truly thinks.

I would, personally, not be happy with a subserviant wife...........my wife tells me exactly what she thinks.....because she acknowledges, and I have educated her, that her honest open opinions are both valuable and welcome.

She still tells me I am wonderful...... :)

Please - some people will take this post seriously.

Try to take a pause when you're posting in a bit of a temper, and go back to re-read the post, so that you can edit it for clarity a little.

Most of the nicest Thai ladies I have met do not consider themselves 'subservient' although they appreciate the relative roles in which we find ourselves. More often than not they are trying to do the best that they can by their children and sisters, and its a pleasure to be able to offer them a bit of support, encouragement and friendship.

There was another thread which emphasised the importance of this to the Thai economy, and the relative merits of aid v trade. Sadly, it suffered a little ridicule, and people seemed not to take it too seriously - I suspect, including the starter of that thread...

SC

PS: I might start emulating Cognos' habit of adding a pithy homily at the end, but don't take that like flattery, pleathe

Supporting family values...

Your opinion would be moronic even for a five year old

When I see that sort of post, it reminds me about a valuable feature of this forum, the "ignore user" feature.

I'll mention it here so others can start to use it and enjoy the benefits.

And, of course, the ignore user functions works just as well on my User ID.

So anyone who considers my opinions to be "moronic", can start right now to enjoy a moronic-free experience here on Thai Visa.

Just follow the easy, step-by-step instructions that I have made available on my member profile page.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

I would, personally, not be happy with a subserviant wife...........my wife tells me exactly what she thinks.....because she acknowledges, and I have educated her, that her honest open opinions are both valuable and welcome.

Is that your sarcasm or hers?

SC

Your opinion would be moronic even for a five year old

When I see that sort of post, it reminds me about a valuable feature of this forum, the "ignore user" feature.

I'll mention it here so others can start to use it and enjoy the benefits.

And, of course, the ignore user functions works just as well on my User ID.

So anyone who considers my opinions to be "moronic", can start right now to enjoy a moronic-free experience here on Thai Visa.

Just follow the easy, step-by-step instructions that I have made available on my member profile page.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Yaaaaaawn :)

sarahsbloke - there must have been a reason for that.

Western courts do NOT cut off either parent from their children for no good reason.

The child ALWAYS comes first.

Interesting to see your instant judgement of me as guilty of something, but the sisterhood stick together.

I never said a court stopped me seeing my children, you suggested that all on your own (in fact I was always given court orders saying I could)

But the mother had different ideas and wouldn't let me see them, so I gave up.

As courts in the UK never punish a mother for not obeying a court order, she could do whatever she liked.

Edited by sarahsbloke

8>< NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

I'm sorry, you'll need to be more explicit. I'm guessing

- "sleepy after too many singhas in the beer bar on the wireless?"

- A dialect word for a stone?

- "I want to portray myself as ignorant, and bigoted in order to stir up a flame-storm and avoid intelligent debate?"

Some of us don't want to censor out the opinions of others, but would still appreciate the politeness of avoiding abusive posts; and if that is too much to ask, then please, try to make the abusive posts relevant to the topic.

Goodness me, if I wasn't so good at my job I'd need to be a school teacher...

Regardless of your view of the opinions of one man or another, at least he took the effort to present them in an articulate manner so that we could discuss and ridicule them in detail. Fortunately, your posts do that job in a general level for your own opinions, since we cannot find any detail to ridicule...

I am having a little chuckle on the fact that the two of you may share a lot of common opinions in any case

SC

Is that your sarcasm or hers?

SC

Yours.... :D

American, Brit, Canadian and Aussie women tend to have the nerve to consider themselves the man's equal

It's true.

In the past 20 years or so, the concept of woman's equality has spread everywhere in English-speaking countries.

In the past 20 years or so, millions of men from English-speaking countries have made the effort to travel to Thailand.

Primarily for the Thai women, who don't have the nerve to consider themselves the man's equal.

The millions of women left behind may not be so pleased about that, but they do consider themselves the man's equal, don't they.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Oneman, if you a refIection of those "miIIions of men from EngIish-speaking countries that have made the effort to traveI to ThaiIand. PrimariIy for the Thai women" then i have to say, im sorry, but i dont feeI a Ioss. You bemoan about women in the west, but at the same time dont come over as much of a gentIeman, so seems hypocriticaI. I aIso have to say that i havent noticed the miIIions of EngIish men from EngIish-speaking countries that are making there way here for the women. I have seen a variety of men of different nationaIities with Thai Iadies, as weII as Iadies from other nationaIities. Ive seen a good mix of different coupIes. Of course, as it is ThaiIand, there are more Thai/Farang reIationships..that goes without saying. Do you reaIIy beIieve men are making their way here, just to get a woman? Is this something you picked up from the IocaI bar stooI per chance? Are the guys who are saying it to you normaI weII-adjusted individuaIs who had normaI weII-adjusted positive reIationships before they came here? Im sure the "miIIions of women Ieft behind" dont actuaIIy give the men who come here a second thought, even if you wish to think they feeI some sense of Ioss over it. They are too busy enjoying their own Iives, to think about some random guys who went across the gIobe to get a girI in Asia. But, if it makes you feeI good in some way, dont Iet me burst your bubbIe.

- "I want to portray myself as ignorant, and bigoted in order to stir up a flame-storm and avoid intelligent debate?"

Some of us don't want to censor out the opinions of others, but would still appreciate the politeness of avoiding abusive posts; and if that is too much to ask, then please, try to make the abusive posts relevant to the topic.

Regardless of your view of the opinions of one man or another, at least he took the effort to present them in an articulate manner so that we could discuss and ridicule them in detail. Fortunately, your posts do that job in a general level for your own opinions, since we cannot find any detail to ridicule...

I am having a little chuckle on the fact that the two of you may share a lot of common opinions in any case

SC

A word to the wise my friend...you might well be unaware but you are not a moderator. :D:D

SC

A word to the wise my friend...you might well be unaware but you are not a moderator. :D:D

If I was a moderator, I'd have chopped it off. I suppose that's amongst the reasons I'm not a moderator...

Oops, that's another thread...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Possibly-Wrong-t350814.html

Anyway, to make a semblance of on topic

Hear! Hear!

SC

Are the guys who are saying it to you normaI weII-adjusted individuaIs who had normaI weII-adjusted positive reIationships before they came here? Im sure the "miIIions of women Ieft behind" dont actuaIIy give the men who come here a second thought, even if you wish to think they feeI some sense of Ioss over it. They are too busy enjoying their own Iives, to think about some random guys who went across the gIobe to get a girI in Asia. But, if it makes you feeI good in some way, dont Iet me burst your bubbIe.

I'm pretty sure that the divorce rate is about 50 percent in the Western world.

This sort of implies that 50 percent of all formerly married people are not going to be all that 'well-adjusted' or had a totally positive relationship experience.

I would agree that many of the 'women left behind' are enjoying their lives (living in their former husbands house, with their former husbands pension/maintenance to spend ... 70-80 percent of the total family assets are usually awarded to the woman)

SarahsbIoke, not aII guys get screwed over when a reIationship breaks up, some women do too. Not aII women Iive in their former husbands house, with his assets..as in many reIationships the monetary side of things was 50/50..as was the spIit. However, it is down to the individuaI if they want to be bitter and bIame an entire femaIe (or maIe) cuIture for a reIationship that went sour or not.

As for the divorce rate in ThaiIand, i imagine that one is hard to measure. For many there is no officiaI marriage, instead a IocaI village marriage. Then of course, there are Mia Nois instead of divorce too. So..its not one that can be compared easiIy to statistics in the west.

Meandering a little on topic...

My mate married a Thai lady that he met in a third country. They returned to live in England, and they have two lovely children. She's a charming lady, very good natured, and a great mother. Her mother is a pleasant lady, though she doesn't speak English, so I didn't really bond too closely with her the one time I met her. And now my mate and his family have moved overseas again, somewhere new. I guess that is ten years that they've been married now...

I really just post this to try and bring us all back on topic a little; perhaps someone could open a "Bile and Spleen" thread for the rest of the conversations?

SC

It's true.

Primarily for the Thai women, who don't have the nerve to consider themselves the man's equal.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Oneman, if you a refIection of those "miIIions of men from EngIish-speaking countries that have made the effort to traveI to ThaiIand. PrimariIy for the Thai women" then i have to say, im sorry, but i dont feeI a Ioss. You bemoan about women in the west, but at the same time dont come over as much of a gentIeman, so seems hypocriticaI. I aIso have to say that i havent noticed the miIIions of EngIish men from EngIish-speaking countries that are making there way here for the women. I have seen a variety of men of different nationaIities with Thai Iadies, as weII as Iadies from other nationaIities. Ive seen a good mix of different coupIes. Of course, as it is ThaiIand, there are more Thai/Farang reIationships..that goes without saying. Do you reaIIy beIieve men are making their way here, just to get a woman? Is this something you picked up from the IocaI bar stooI per chance? Are the guys who are saying it to you normaI weII-adjusted individuaIs who had normaI weII-adjusted positive reIationships before they came here? Im sure the "miIIions of women Ieft behind" dont actuaIIy give the men who come here a second thought, even if you wish to think they feeI some sense of Ioss over it. They are too busy enjoying their own Iives, to think about some random guys who went across the gIobe to get a girI in Asia. But, if it makes you feeI good in some way, dont Iet me burst your bubbIe.

if i had a pound for the amount of times ive seen a foreign guy out here on holiday with his misses, giving some thai girl the once over. and then the girlfriend gives him the dagger eyes and goes into one. id be a rich man!

oh and for my 2 satangs worth, no thai girls behinds dont look big in anything they wear. hence why they never ask, "does my bum look big in this."

Sorry EEk, but many like to portray men in Thailand as losers who can't have 'well-adjusted relationships'.

I was just pointing out that 'well-adjusted relationships' appear to me to be

1) Over-rated

2) A thing of the past

3) A figment of the imagination

The only time relationships seem to work these days is when one of the partners is polite enough to die before the cracks appear.

I have not seen many successful relationships in Thailand either, every Thai lady I meet appears to have children from former partners (although that may be a reflection on the sort of Thai lady I meet, before you ask ...... mostly teachers and farmers).

Relationships with women in Thailand are different, I'm not sure they are better or will last long, but a man does have a little more chance of holding onto his assets.

Amusing story slightly off topic

I was talking with a Canadian friend the other day, he told me he had never been married and I asked why. He said 'I never met a lady I liked enough to give half my assets.'

Edited by sarahsbloke

How does this look.........just an example of the way topics slope off thread a little.... :) .

Thai women are great

Yes they are my wife is wonderful

Thai women are great

They are the same as women in every country some good some not so good

Thai women are great

They are are only with foreign men for money

Thai women are great

Western women want to be mans equal

Thai women are great

My western wife stopped me from seeing the kids

Thai women are great

Western men are emotionally challenged and damaged when they come to Thailand

Thai women are great

You are not a moderator

to be continued.........

How does this look.........just an example of the way topics slope off thread a little.... :) .

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

You are not a moderator

to be continued.........

How's this?

Thai women are great

My Thai woman is great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

You are not a moderator

to be continued.........

I wonder: could the moderators move this to the top of the thread, as an Abstract or Summary, so that the gentle reader could make a judgement on whether to delve into the morass, because its so difficult to stop wading through once you start... and the fitrst couple of posts do look inoccuous enough...

Anyway, thanks for a great summary, and I think that you present it all so much more pleasantly than the respective authors.

Thanks for your precision and concision.

SC

PS: For Sarahsbloke: I just got a Facebook message from a girl I went to school with 25 years ago, who was an absolute fox. She still looks great, and she's happily married to a chap in the UK. I think the reason that 50% of marriages end in failure is because of blokes like you and Rod Stewart bringing the average up; now your case is not so public, but in Rod's case, any woman would need to think - he's never managed to hold on to one yet, so I can't see him making this one last; better make sure my lifestyle is protected for when I'm old and grey...I suppose the alternative is a decent pension plan...

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

Thai women are great

You are not a moderator

to be continued.........

How's this?

Thai women are great

My Thai woman is great

Got it in one.... :D

Are we talking hookers or Thai Women?

Some of the hookers I know are Thai women. And I suppose inevitably, given that, some of the Thai women I know are hookers.

Anyway, you are about to see another long sub-rambling argument start up, which will get Rod Stewart out again going on about his houses on about the second or third page; Maybe the easiest way is if the Mods could move your query a couple of pages up to the start of the first cycle of that bicker?

SC

PS: For Sarahsbloke: I just got a Facebook message from a girl I went to school with 25 years ago, who was an absolute fox. She still looks great, and she's happily married to a chap in the UK.

I was married to the same lady in the UK for 30 years, your friend still has plenty of time left for a divorce (unless of course somebody dies)

PS

Better make sure that pension plan is offshore.

PPS

My relationship with my current wife (Thai) is great, we are both looking forward to having a child or two together, when the relationship ends I will be very sad (and I'm sure that the end will be my fault seeing as how I am a total loser who can only date ladies in a foreign country).

Edited by sarahsbloke

I wonder why it is these threads always degenerate this way? And I wonder why, when they get closed before they degenerate this way there is always flak over it.

Why some people on this forum are completely and utterly incapable of praising one without denigrating the other I have no idea and frankly, do not care.

If you are unable to mind your manners and treat people with respect then you will receive a warning. READ THE RULES.

If you cannot abide by the rules then do not post

I do hope I do not have to make myself any clearer on this one because the next person who steps over the line in this manner will find their good selves warned and suspended for a few days to contemplate the rules more thoroughly.

FORUM RULES:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

There are other rules that are also worth checking out but these are the particular ones that apply to this thread. If you aren't sure it applies to what you want to say then perhaps you had better think twice about what you plan on posting.

Sorry EEk, but many like to portray men in Thailand as losers who can't have 'well-adjusted relationships'.

I was just pointing out that 'well-adjusted relationships' appear to me to be

1) Over-rated

2) A thing of the past

3) A figment of the imagination

The only time relationships seem to work these days is when one of the partners is polite enough to die before the cracks appear.

I have not seen many successful relationships in Thailand either, every Thai lady I meet appears to have children from former partners (although that may be a reflection on the sort of Thai lady I meet, before you ask ...... mostly teachers and farmers).

Relationships with women in Thailand are different, I'm not sure they are better or will last long, but a man does have a little more chance of holding onto his assets.

'

My reply was addressing Onemans comments. Of course there are happy successful relationships everywhere, here in Thailand too. Usually based on the same ingredients..things like mutual respect and consideration. I have really great male friends here, some of which are happily married to Thai ladies, who treat women respectfully, regardless of their race. Its really quite sad to me the prejudice some may have about me, just because i am female, white, and raised in the west. However, I dont dwell on it for my normal everyday experiences in Thailand with men have been positive.