What I Like About Chiang Mai Women

Gonzo the Face

I like the fact that they have a great deal of femininity

Vs women from farther afield.

Maybe its the Lanna culture, I don't know, but I am sure its something in the way their are brought up.

I like women who love food. Thats why I am in the business that I am in...... and may also have something to do with the fact that my wife is Shan.

Does this heat make anyone else dizzy, or could it be the tense situation in Bangkok

Better up the dosage of my pills

Yeah CM women are great! Strong and stubborn!

Very stubborn. Most of time when I suggest something, she just ignores but she will do it when she think about it sometimes later. She is also very honest. Don’t forget they are also very beautiful

well.... gents....

there it goes....

if you, your friends, your sons, your sons' friends.... are looking for lovely thai ladies....

go to chiengmai.... :)

lovely and beautiful thai ladies.... they all live up there in chiengmai.... :D

and they all decked out in red for the occasion.... :D

are there any chinese/thai ladies in Chiangmai,cos most people from Bangkok think they are number one in white skin,not bg,highly educated and hard working,not forgetting very honest and wouldnt stitch you up.

Oops nearly fogot,they dont even want sinsod when married.

are there any chinese/thai ladies in Chiangmai,cos most people from Bangkok think they are number one in white skin,not bg,highly educated and hard working,not forgetting very honest and wouldnt stitch you up.

Oops nearly fogot,they dont even want sinsod when married.

Chinese Thais every other person.... but not 'hiso' as in BK... just normal ones...

And yes, you would be correct, 'white' skin i guess.. although its hard to tell under the layers of sunblock powder...

Educated... er.. no idea... with 11 universities/poly's up here most of them go and do something.. whether or not it means they are educated ... who knows.. my wife went for hotel training.. so she knows how to make cocktails and speak Ingrish...

Hard working, er... nah...

Honest? When are women ever honest in any country? Our fragile male ego's couldnt take it! But yeah, i guess honest.

Sinsod, bargained with mine - shame, could have bought a new LCD tv with that money. :)

Yeah, CM women are great, because there really isn't that much of a (western) hooker/mafia scene here, but instead a steady stream of retirees, rather than sexpats... and also they are more into being giks with older Thai guys.

I am only attracted to feminine women. Thai women, I find, are generally very feminine. A Thai idiom says that gentle drops of water on to a stone over time change the shape of the stone to the shape the water wants. This is far better than hitting the stone with something hard and sharp as all that will be achieved is a cut or shattered stone.

Like women across the world Thai women have expectations from a relationship; and there are also mercenary gold diggers here, as there are in every society. I've been reading the story of the French 'model' (a euphemism if ever there was one!) in London who worked as a hostess in a bar where wealthy English Premier League players frequented. She hooked up with a succession waiting for the opportunity to hit the jackpot. Wayne Bridge made her pregnant and as a result she will receive 1 million pounds. Between the pregnancy and the 'employment' bonus she was shagging anything that had potential including the English football team captain. Her behaviour, despite wearing Gucci, is that of a bar girl. I don't find bar girls attractive as they do not have feminine souls.

Edited by Loaded

I am only attracted to feminine women. Thai women, I find, are generally very feminine. A Thai idiom says that gentle drops of water on to a stone over time change the shape of the stone to the shape the water wants. This is far better than hitting the stone with something hard and sharp as all that will be achieved is a cut or shattered stone.

Like women across the world Thai women have expectations from a relationship; and there are also mercenary gold diggers here, as there are in every society. I've been reading the story of the French 'model' (a euphemism if ever there was one!) in London who worked as a hostess in a bar where wealthy English Premier League players frequented. She hooked up with a succession waiting for the opportunity to hit the jackpot. Wayne Bridge made her pregnant and as a result she will receive 1 million pounds. Between the pregnancy and the 'employment' bonus she was shagging anything that had potential including the English football team captain. Her behaviour, despite wearing Gucci, is that of a bar girl. I don't find bar girls attractive as they do not have feminine souls.

Bargirls/night club hostesses regard their activities as business, and their business plan targets EPL players due to the fact that they earn a lot of money (morally silly amounts of money) without having the intelligence to manage it sensibly, the activities of the Man City defender on the one hand, and that of the ex England captain on the other is repeated daily.

The EPL boy's chiefly from a working class background earn so much money they do not know what to do with it, they own several top cars, Bentley, Mercs, Ferrari's, R/Roys, etc ... and change them after a couple of months, they live in large masions in posh areas, visit their hair dressers daily for a new hair style and a new hair colour, have their body madly tatooed, mix their champagne with Newcastle Brown in order to protect their culture, their tailor expects them daily for new fashion designs, etc, etc ...

Thus the above mentioned girls would be silly not to target the lads in order to set them up financially for live based on UK laws, it might be a bit wrong morally but it is legal nevertheless, girls not willing to operate in night clubs or bars are now also appearing in large numbers in car showrooms as sales girls in order to meet the boys from the pitches to sell them the top cars they are buying regularly in order to get the fat sales bonus.

Thai bar girls also target men (chiefly farangs) in the same way, it's business for them too, and if they select a chap for marriage they look also on his financial situation in order to be set up for life moneywise, and the more beautiful they are (face and figure) the higher they set their targets, it is a natural female instinct since day one, mothers in the UK during Victorian and Edwardian times and before, were well known to have told and pressured their daughters to ... go and get your man.

I've met ladies of all types in Chiang Mai. The most notable have been very smart business and shop owners who remain genuine and sincere in the way they interact with people in their community. Really nice ladies and always helpful to others while staying very smart with business. Others have been a little more simple working more menial jobs, but still very genuine and warm hearted. Both of the afore mentioned are way out of my league, but a pleasure to meet and call friends. I am NOT talking about bar girls here, as I classify them in a group all to themselves. :)

As for the size issue, I like them a little round about the edges. :D I've met some really nice northern farm girls here. Rough and tough, but big hearts and not afraid of a little hard work.

Not that it's entirely on topic but the mention of the number of Chinese people reminded me that China is a lot closer to Thailand than most people think. I've asked several of my Thai family and friends this question and all of them were absolutely gobsmacked to learn that China is only 110 km away from Thailand. Considering that a fit person could walk that in a day, is it any surprise that Thailand and the other surrounding countries have such a strong Chinese influence?

Edited by rubik101

Only trouble is they pile on the pounds a bit.

Come to think of it, every girlfriend I ever had did the same thing.

Maybe its me.

Ah well... skinny women are overrated. :D

Yeah, I've never understood the fascination with 38 kilo gals. Like, there's nothing there :)

Any way, to each his own but give me a curvy gal any day :D

How did we get on the topic of bar girls? Even in Chiang Mai, bar girls aren't from Chiang Mai. (Yes, I'm sure there are exceptions, especially if you count a hill tribe girl from the greater Fang area as Chiang Mai.)

Very hard to find any girls in CM that come from CM.

Many of them come from Issan, Pattaya, Bangkok, etc., after their 'retirement' at age 35+

As a Thai lady owner of a hotel in CM said to me one day, 'you want proper relationship with girl you not find here, I take you, we get in car and drive 40km out-of-town, Chiang Mai only have girls look for ferrang'. She then went on to say 'wages in Chiang Mai low, room rent expensive, only thing Chiang Mai have for girl is ferrang'.

Not something I made up, but I like it here, it's a fun place to be!

Not that it's entirely on topic but the mention of the number of Chinese people reminded me that China is a lot closer to Thailand than most people think. I've asked several of my Thai family and friends this question and all of them were absolutely gobsmacked to learn that China is only 110 km away from Thailand. Considering that a fit person could walk that in a day, is it any surprise that Thailand and the other surrounding countries have such a strong Chinese influence?

The equivalent of almost three marathons in one day? I guess that makes me clinically unfit then...

The equivalent of almost three marathons in one day? I guess that makes me clinically unfit then...

See your just not looking at how easy it really is....don't forget that half of that distance is really steep down hill slopes :)

I like that, very poetic. Will have to remember this analogy and also put it into practice on a daily basis...

I like that, very poetic. Will have to remember this analogy and also put it into practice on a daily basis...

But on the dark side, it has a feeI of Japanese water torture about it. :)

How did we get on the topic of bar girls? Even in Chiang Mai, bar girls aren't from Chiang Mai. (Yes, I'm sure there are exceptions, especially if you count a hill tribe girl from the greater Fang area as Chiang Mai.)

Very hard to find any girls in CM that come from CM.

Many of them come from Issan, Pattaya, Bangkok, etc., after their 'retirement' at age 35+

As a Thai lady owner of a hotel in CM said to me one day, 'you want proper relationship with girl you not find here, I take you, we get in car and drive 40km out-of-town, Chiang Mai only have girls look for ferrang'. She then went on to say 'wages in Chiang Mai low, room rent expensive, only thing Chiang Mai have for girl is ferrang'.

Not something I made up, but I like it here, it's a fun place to be!

Well that's nice but they have gold diggers in Phayao, Lamphang, Lamphun, etc., etc. too. People are people. It doesn't matter where they are from.

Ehm... 14.

(That's my bet on the number of posts it takes before we get to a 'my wife is better than your wife' type of discussion.)

human nature ,thai ladies ,, same =same

my farang husband/ boy friend is better than yours..

have more money .

how come most end up with girls from Isan then while living in Chiang Mai?

coz ,, they dont work the bars in their local town ..

eye, and ears ..

mama and papa ,,, are told ,

i go chiang mai .. pattaya ,, etc

to work ,,, KFC or factory ,,,

everyone happy ,,,,,

Do the people back home really buy into the story....

A girl has a 4th grade education , but goes to Bkk or wherever and sez she is an executive secretary and sends home 15,000 baht each month ????

Of course mama and papa have to brag about the amount their daughter sends home.

A girl could not do that in her own hometown, so do the CM girls go to some distant city, leaving the good girls here at home?

A girl could not do that in her own hometown, so do the CM girls go to some distant city, leaving the good girls here at home?

That's pretty much the way it works but I'm not sure there any girls left to stay here.

The 'face' system of honour essentially means you can do whatever you like as long as nobody (i.e. in the family or village) finds out about it.

Edited by sarahsbloke