Hello!

andD

I am using EVA this time i had a great price (i thought) last week £460 direct from heathrow and Thai air were about £60 more so with the money i saved i can go mad and use Thai air internal flight to cm. i have just checked out the website for veerachi court and it looks fine but no prices for rooms so i have emailed them and see what they offer. Once again guys thanks for all your help its apprieciated :D

Keep in mind that Veerachai is a bit of a scene, a retired-(s)expat ghetto, if you will. There's nothing wrong with the place, but if you're looking for a more authentic Chiang Mai vibe then it may not be the place. If you don't care about such things (or even appreciate such things) then it's a great choice.

a ghetto! that cunjures up images of an Amercan city slum full of latin americans to me but iv only seen them on tv :) so maybe ill give it a miss? and i havent been to Chiang Mai before so im not sure what to expect what is the authentic Chiang Mai vibe?

Oh, no, no Millwall is quite right that it's not a ghetto in that sense; and besides it's two buildings, not a neighbourhood.

I meant ghetto more in the sense of an area where a particular social minority or sub-culture chooses to reside, thus stamping their influence on the area to change the characteristics away from the regular majority culture into those of that minority sub-culture, in this case the Farang Sexpat subculture. (Phew) :)

By all means check it out. :D

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Yes Nok is 15kilo, But I believe if you are transferring from an Int'l flight your fees are waved. I could be wrong -shrugs-

You should buy your ticket now and have it added to your itinerary by your agent. Everything is much more hassle free and it allows you to put CNX as your final destination - all hassle free. That way you do not need to go out of the security area, pick up your bags, customs, and re check bags into domestic, and go through security again. Such a waste of time.

If you're not stopping in BKK for a few days and just going through, just make the airport you fly from checks your bags STRAIGHT through to CNX. Make sure they dont put BKK. I hate when they do that and I have to spend 10 more minutes arguing with them to change it to my final destination. They are so lazy.

Then you'll get a special yellow little sticker (Thai air, dunno about the others, but I assume same thing) and do all your custom checking is done in CNX. Immigration will be in BKK though after you check into domestic flight section

Custom in CNX is so easy. I dunno for farang but for me it was:

"Can I open your bag?" "Sure"

Woman opens carry on suit case and glances inside not touching anything. (Smallest of 3 suit cases + backpack.)

"You bring any food or anything from Laos? Anything to declare?" "nope"

"Okay youre done now."

Never looked in the checked in suitcases. One would think if I was sneaking anything in, it would be in hiding in the big cases. lol

Now with all that said.... what Airline are you flying in with? I'm assuming its not Korean Air. Korean Air - direct flight from Seoul into CNX. Although you come in really late at night... much more hassle free then going through BKK in the end.

Now if only more Koreans would go to VTE.... I could finally get a direct flight in instead of going through BKK. :);

Oh, no, no Millwall is quite right that it's not a ghetto in that sense; and besides it's two buildings, not a neighbourhood.

I meant ghetto more in the sense of an area where a particular social minority or sub-culture chooses to reside, thus stamping their influence on the area to change the characteristics away from the regular majority culture into those of that minority sub-culture, in this case the Farang Sexpat subculture. (Phew) :)

By all means check it out. :D

phew indeed :D thanks for taking the time to explain that to me ill check it out then.

Yes Nok is 15kilo, But I believe if you are transferring from an Int'l flight your fees are waved. I could be wrong -shrugs-

You should buy your ticket now and have it added to your itinerary by your agent. Everything is much more hassle free and it allows you to put CNX as your final destination - all hassle free. That way you do not need to go out of the security area, pick up your bags, customs, and re check bags into domestic, and go through security again. Such a waste of time.

If you're not stopping in BKK for a few days and just going through, just make the airport you fly from checks your bags STRAIGHT through to CNX. Make sure they dont put BKK. I hate when they do that and I have to spend 10 more minutes arguing with them to change it to my final destination. They are so lazy.

Then you'll get a special yellow little sticker (Thai air, dunno about the others, but I assume same thing) and do all your custom checking is done in CNX. Immigration will be in BKK though after you check into domestic flight section

Custom in CNX is so easy. I dunno for farang but for me it was:

"Can I open your bag?" "Sure"

Woman opens carry on suit case and glances inside not touching anything. (Smallest of 3 suit cases + backpack.)

"You bring any food or anything from Laos? Anything to declare?" "nope"

"Okay youre done now."

Never looked in the checked in suitcases. One would think if I was sneaking anything in, it would be in hiding in the big cases. lol

Now with all that said.... what Airline are you flying in with? I'm assuming its not Korean Air. Korean Air - direct flight from Seoul into CNX. Although you come in really late at night... much more hassle free then going through BKK in the end.

Now if only more Koreans would go to VTE.... I could finally get a direct flight in instead of going through BKK. :D ;

im using EVA airlines direct from heathrow to bangkok, im sure once iv done this interna flight thing once ill get to know what to do next time.....i hope :):D