Corby sentenced to 20 years jail

george

Many callers to radio talk shows were incensed, and some said they regretted giving making donations to Indonesian tsunami victims. Others called for Australians to boycott Bali.

....what unpleasant individuals.

(From the Jakarta Post)

One problem with that is at no time do people know exactly what country their money or donation is going any way,apart from that there are some good Aussies to that make donations to many charities and that's only one of them.

Really as individuals they can say what they like but l think they were that shocked by the out come of the trial they wagged their tongues with out thinking.All in all those unpleasant individuals will probably still give generously when the need is there.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kreon et al. may I suggest you do a fair bit of research before hitting your kboard with inane comments about this case. :D

typical aussies always one-sided, never look at the other side of the coin :o

Well i'm not Australian. :D

There has been truck loads of media info on this case before the reports over the last couple of days.Udon is not being one sided, he is just informed.

I am and bloody proud to be one!

One thing puzzles me when I hear of people caught with drugs, they say that the drugs were planted and its the first time that they saw them.

OK I will give them the benefit of doubt but it is assumed that about 10 % of drug smugglers get caught leaving 90 % with the stuff.

How many people arriving at the hotel with unbeknown to them hidden drugs in their baggage then telephone the police to tell them that have this contraband?

Not many I bet.

Another point is how do the people who plant the stuff know the whereabouts of the person carrying the stuff and if they do how do they retrieve it?

The dope is planted in Brisbane by a baggage handler in a suitable unlocked bag....he then SMS's the description of the bag to the guy in Sydney.....When they unload the plane he identifies the bag and removes the dope and sends the bag on its way.....

Simple really if you think about it.

I have thought about it and it still seems very odd to me that time and time again I see and hear of people caught with drugs and it is the first time they saw them when they are caught so where are the rest of the "honest" individuals who arrive at the hotel and find drugs in their luggage.

Who do they phone?

Try this I had the pleasure of meeting a woman missionary once and she told me that she was careful as it is "a well known fact" that drugs are planted in cars for retrieval later.

I asked her how did the planters know where she would be so they could get the gear later?

She didn't know nor do I.

I have thought about it and it still seems very odd to me that time and time again I see and hear of people caught with drugs and it is the first time they saw them when they are caught so where are the rest of the "honest" individuals who arrive at the hotel and find drugs in their luggage.

Who do they phone?

Try this I had the pleasure of meeting a woman missionary once and she told me that she was careful as it is "a well known fact" that drugs are planted in cars for retrieval later.

I asked her how did the planters know where she would be so they could get the gear later?

She didn't know nor do I.

I am being case particular in this instance......The handlers know that no one will touch the bags till it arrives in Sydney.....the luggage tags lets them know that any tampering wont be discovered by the owner for quite some time...In this case the theory is the pick up was stuffed up allowing the drugs to continue on to Bali.

Using unwitting mules in cars is just as easy to do.....

Really as individuals they can say what they like but l think they were that shocked by the out come of the trial they wagged their tongues with out thinking.

According to the Oz Foreign Minister, some people are phoning in threats to Indonesian Diplomatic staff in Australia.

This is not 'Australia vs Indonesia' - and the Indonesian judiciary aren't targetting Aussies.

Its a storm in a teacup. She'll be out before long, and the criminal masterminds will find other ways of getting their dope trans-shipped using some other naive muggins.

It quite well rounds up this topic, as it isn't directly Thailand related, but of great interest to all of us who travel in SE-Asia.

1. Do not use drugs in countries where illegal

2. Use locked or secure luggage of good quality.

Thread closed.

/Admin