Cervarix (hpv) Injections In Th?

pepi2005

I do believe that any private hospital have the vaccine ( either Cervarix or Gardasil).

The bigger hospital the higher price.

For Gardasil cost 7900-12000/baht per cousre of 3 shots depends on where you get it.

Sorry I have no information for cervarix price.

Yes, all the hospitals have it now.

I got it for my niece, don't recall exactly but something in the 10,000 range (for all 3 shots) sounds about right. That was at a mid-range priavte hospital.

Suggest you call a few of the non-profits (Bkk Christian, Saint Louis, Camellian) and see what they're charging.

Yes, all the hospitals have it now.

I got it for my niece, don't recall exactly but something in the 10,000 range (for all 3 shots) sounds about right. That was at a mid-range priavte hospital.

Suggest you call a few of the non-profits (Bkk Christian, Saint Louis, Camellian) and see what they're charging.

Is there an age limit beyond which these injections would be infective. The person I have in mind is 34 and has HPV.

"The person I have in mind is 34 and has HPV."

The vaccine has not approved for a woman that old. The vaccine is a preventative measure, and will not work for someone who is already HPV+.

Your next question is probably "is the vaccine effective on a man"? The vaccine providers are currently performing studies to judge the effectiveness on men.

Even if it is effective, there is a problem: currently there is no test for HPV in a male.

The vaccine is ineffective in anyone who already has HPV. This is why it is generally recommended to be given prior to the onset of sexual activity.

It will work in a male just as well as a female, what is not clear is whether immunizing males against HPV is worth doing. Immunizations, like all medications, are a matter of weighing risks against beenfits...and on a mass scale (i.e. if it is to be part of a government health scheme) , also costs against benefits.

In the case of females HPV is a causative factor in a high percentgae of cervical cancers, which are in turn a relatively common cancer. Hence the risk:benefit equation for females clealry favors immunization.

As mentioned in another ongoing thread there is some work underway on the possible benefit of HPV vaccine in reducing the incidence of cancers of the mouth and throat, which affect males as well as females. Results will not be known for some time. Unlike cervical cancer, these cancers are relatively rare.

For a woman with HPV, she needs periodic gyn checks. See this link http://www.asccp.org/pdfs/consensus/hpv_ge...ng_20090320.pdf

I am assuming it has already been established that she does not have cancer of the cervix (no malignant cells seen = cytology negative)

In case you find that attachment hard to follow, what it says is (1) if the hPV she has is type 16 or 18, she needs a test called a colposcopy now. (2) If it is not type 16,18 she shoulld repeat thin prep (pap semar) and HPV test in 12 months, if at that point still HPV positive then colposcopy, if at that point HPV negative (HPV infection of cervix has cleared) then every 3 years.

But if she has a half way competent gyn this should all have been explained to her already,

Cervical cancer is easily and completely curable if caught early so she should follow these recommendations carefully.

If she has not already, she should also have an HIV test.