Thai Protesters Target Bangkok's Tourist Centre

webfact

If you're thinking of going down there, I would suggest Phan Faa over Rajaprasong ...more music and dancing. Rajaprasong has just had a screaming lunatic from L.A. and now has the Thai version of Bobby Davro trying to be funny on stage.

NATION: Bangkok Betty Baaaaaaa arrested after threatening to kill Thai Prime Minister Abhisit between her thighs.

Edited by Sunderland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very STRANGE today...I happened to be out on a shopping trip around Central World...without thinking in advance what I might run into there... So I found myself in the midst of it all during the afternoon....

All afternoon...walked to and from my destinations....I didn't see hardly a single BIB around... anywhere...not even directing (or not directing) traffic.... Not standing guard at any of the shopping centers...Nothing....

If the govt. had 50,000 security forced mobilized, as I've kept reading in various sources, I'd sure like to know where the H they all were today.... Nowhere to be see around Ratchaprasong or Sukhumvit Rd.......

It was very STRANGE today...I happened to be out on a shopping trip around Central World...without thinking in advance what I might run into there... So I found myself in the midst of it all during the afternoon....

All afternoon...walked to and from my destinations....I didn't see hardly a single BIB around... anywhere...not even directing (or not directing) traffic.... Not standing guard at any of the shopping centers...Nothing....

If the govt. had 50,000 security forced mobilized, as I've kept reading in various sources, I'd sure like to know where the H they all were today.... Nowhere to be see around Ratchaprasong or Sukhumvit Rd.......

Exactly the same thing happened around this area (upper Phaholyothin Road) on both occasions when the reds travelled up to the 11th regiment army base. There have been soldiers outside Major Ratchayothin for over a month now, but both they and the local police become invisible when the reds have arrived in a mass convoy. What kind of message does that send out??

Well that was an absolute PR disaster for the reds. Let's hope it went noticed.

with all the billions of baht finacing this demonstration why the the hel_l they don't hire one really good intelectual speaker who can actually talk about sensible stuff and not act like a moron...

better watch out, things turn usually ugly as it came out of nothing. Seen it myself. Police is holding back because the army is taking over could be another option. Also a massive presence of uniformed officials would create a starting point for violence.

If you are a foreigner you are as save as the locals so to speak, - no protection.

--- Stay away ---

Exactly the same thing happened around this area (upper Phaholyothin Road) on both occasions when the reds travelled up to the 11th regiment army base. There have been soldiers outside Major Ratchayothin for over a month now, but both they and the local police become invisible when the reds have arrived in a mass convoy. What kind of message does that send out??

BIB is useless, so I wouldnt expect you to see them. If they want to squash this, it will be done with the military and not the BIB. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's save to say that the army will pull the strings for the years to come. It will be a sad ending for the unfortunate red sheep who honestly believed in a democratic movement, and it will be those unfortunate ones that will foot the bills.

The red leaders are a disgrace as much as the PADards.

Send in the troops and wack'em all!!!

At least the average IQ of Thailand would go up

The average IQ couldn't help but go up. Even without these "chok wow's the average IQ in Thailand has fallen 5% in the past 10 years.

Thailand is on the news in almost every country in the world and they are just one big joke.

I do believe though, that Abhist has shown remarkable restraint.

But when this thing blows it will make Guy Fawkes look like a womens embroidery afternoon tea party

The average IQ couldn't help but go up. Even without these "chok wow's the average IQ in Thailand has fallen 5% in the past 10 years.

Thailand is on the news in almost every country in the world and they are just one big joke.

I do believe though, that Abhist has shown remarkable restraint.

But when this thing blows it will make Guy Fawkes look like a womens embroidery afternoon tea party

Hmmmm are they reading my posts? .. I did say, give the crowd a lawful order to disperse ... then repeat it and repeat it again. Then do what has to be done.

Then do what has to be done?

Are you advocating Police use violence to disperse a peaceful anti-government protest?

Edited by MellowYellow

I am in Thailand (moderators can see that from my ISP) but I guess that most people posting here are not as the sheer massive amount of people who do not understand Thailand and Thai's as seen by lots of the posts on this thread is staggering.

If you are not in Thailand I think really you should keep your fingers from typing on the current situation.

The Reds have transformed into an entity which encompasses lots of pressure groups, which is they the puppet Abhisit "annointed" government is having to treat them with kid gloves, which is being exploited by the reds.

This is Democracy.

Un-Democratic events leds to an "annointed" government being put into place, one where influence outside of elected politicians put together a coalition.

The people are simply asking that this un-elected coalition government put in place by "elite" behind the scenes manouvering is dissolved and allow the people to vote again.

Thats a good thing. This is Democracy and the atttitude of some poster on here against the Reds is disturbing and disgusting IMO.

Edited by JW2010

Hmmmm are they reading my posts? .. I did say, give the crowd a lawful order to disperse ... then repeat it and repeat it again. Then do what has to be done.

Then do what has to be done?

Are you advocating Police use violence to disperse a peaceful anti-government protest?

\

Scenario:

Police officer: " Mr Red Shirt, please move away from here as you are blocking traffic and it is illegal to assemble in this area"

Red Shirt : "Piss off, I am supporting Thaksin and I'm staying here".

Police Officer: I will ask you one more time. Please move away from this area"

Red Shirt: "I am not going to move, bugger off"

Police Officer: OK. (Pushes Red Shirt forward, Red Shirt turns and hits police officer with a stick..

Police Officer hits Red Shirt on the arm with police club.

Red shirt screaming abuse moves away.

----------------------------------------

Something like that------------quite possible. IMHO. :)

:)

Cheerleading violence and bigotry!

You must be proud of yourself.

Although I am sure the original post was a joke and I don't advocate whacking anybody ... I am having a hard time understanding how there is any bigotry in the post. He says a country IQ would go up if a group (not related to race) is eliminated. He is talking about some members of a political group. Also having a hard time wondering is the IQ wouldn't actually go up if these folks were not around.

Gotta love it ... since the AOT shut the airport down ..... not the PAD.

Oh no, not this argument again :)

THAT day I flew in from Hanoi around lunch time and had a flight leaving for Udon Thani at 16.15.

BUT, the CREW did not make it to the airport, the main access road being blocked by the yellows, no army or cops to clear the road.

How would you want to keep an airport OPEN when both passengers AND crew can not make it to your airport???

if they are breaking the law and disrupting the freedoms of other then YES YES YES YES YES YES ... not only the police but have the military there as back up if needed and don't hesitate sending them in too.

Regardless of what Yellows have done in the past and regardless of any lack of consequences, it is time to set the standards and let unruly protesters know they need to obey the laws. Two wrongs don't make a right.

There is a legal government in place that has shown its willingness to address the issues of all groups and they have a duty to the Thai people to uphold the law. There is a large group of people in BKK breaking the law that have been repeatedly warned ... time for action.

if they are breaking the law and disrupting the freedoms of other then YES YES YES YES YES YES ... not only the police but have the military there as back up if needed and don't hesitate sending them in too.

Many of you here seem to be blinded by the very openly biased local English language press. Firstly you must appreciate that while many try to portray this as just "Thaksin supporters" it is now not.

There are some Thaksin supporters, there are many other groups now involved and they are merging into a force that scares the elite annointed government.

The old "Its Thaksin" argument and excuse is running very thin now, whilst he is "one" of the people supporting the reds he is not the only person now. Many interest groups who were hurt by an illegal military coup, by the appointing by the coup leaders of a new judiciary who subsequently found anything to do with the old system "guilty" and many directly effected by the elite system are now on the bandwagon.

When the government tried to have negotiations signaled the point at which "Puppet Abhisit" become concerned, for negotiations signalled a final acceptance that this is more than just Thakky's boys and girls, it signaled the Reds are now a group with many supporters of different interests who are not going to go away.

In the same way the Yellow shirts were paid for (by a lady and a man and say BB and CP amongst many others) various interest groups are now supporting the reds with logistics.

The ideal solution is, the military appointed judiciary dissolved the PPP and got "their" coalition into power and therefore the solution is to dissolve the "elite appointed and manipulated" coalition and give the power back to the people for a vote in an election.

Yellow force and "elite" power got rid of the PPP government, so it is only fair now for people power to get rid of the 'elite" appointed government, so the situation goes back to square one, which is a new election.

So, rather than simply say "violence and force" is needed, keep a cool head and support the instant dissolution of parliament and new elections, it the best solution.

And then whoever wins the election, all parties agree to abide by the results of the will of all the Thai people.

Blah blah blah yellow yellow yellow ... right now this is about a group of people who are clearly breaking the law and infringing on the rights of others. Who cares what has happened in the past ... it is time for the government to let this country and world know that they will not tolerate this kind of behavior.

Use of force is NOT a solution.

I guess many people here do not have decades of experience in Thailand but let me remind you.

50% of the army support red, 50% support yellow (The yellow support 50% are now in the positons of power)

50% of the police support red and 50% support yellow (The yellow support 50% are now in the positions of power)

Therefore any unjust use of force could be the signal for a counter coup to occur, where the red supporting forces overthrow the yellow ones. To keep this situation under control it is very much a mandate of the present government not to use force. This is why they set a 9pm deadline and it passed. They set a 12pm deadline and it passed. They are very very weak and they know that most Thai's, while not directly supporting the reds, do not support the "elite annointed" government and any use of force could easily see "run of the mill" people put on red shirts and start fighting against the "elites forces"