Thai Protesters Target Bangkok's Tourist Centre

webfact

When do the Reds stop demanding 15 Days? Seems kind of strange that this time has come and gone and they are still saying 15 days. Makes you wonder why they were not willing to compromise as the PM was.

15 days is the perfect unrealistic number that Thaksin hopes will ultimately lead to violence and kaos in hopes for his benefit.

What Thaksin doesn't understand is he reacts emotionally and doesn't have the intelligence of the current government that has shown great restraint in their handling of this and now are in a position where the people are demanding they act with a heavy hand to restore peace.

The thing I love about all this is that "Tourists" are getting served by Red Shirts.

Those not in Thailand have no idea whats going on, but for example go down Sukhumvit, most of the food vendors in the evening are all wearing red shirts. Lots of stall holders are red shirts.

All the tourists are being served by red shirts, smiling and being happy.

This helps the world know the red shirts are peaceful, and just "oridinary men and women" of Thailand.

If the elite wishes to use violence against "normal civilians" then it will look very bad. Which is why they have not.

The solution is simple and peaceful, dissolve parliament and hold elections now.

I suppose I should put a "shock" disclaimer on that post to warn people not in Bangkok who rely on reading the Bangkok Post and The Nation for their news that, contrary to their "un-named sources" who report all sorts of outrageous claims, and contrary to their reporting, lots of people support the reds, as can be seen on the streets of Bangkok.

So please, unless you are in Bangkok and see with your own eyes whats going on, be very wary of what you read in the BP and TN, as its extremely "biased" due to their "yellow" support and "yellow" owners.

Don't believe anything you see, read or hear unless it is supportive of the Reds

wouldn't that be an easier way to say what you mean?

Edited by johndpoole

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Perception Management Professionals

trying to change the dialog to the Thaksin point of view.

It's not what's happening now it's what has happened. Doouble Standard.

It's a democracy movement:

other than the communists and virulent anti-monarchists, and the middlemen puyais,

trying to keep their economic hegemony and the paid protesters, and information control,

and the 495 up country indoctrination academies to change the mindset.

It's about installing the peoples choice of leaders:

other than the main one is convicted and his core political unit is utterly ineffectual.

Of course all the blood was just good clean fun.... making a point, no one understood of course

And since PAD isn't in jail yet, no reason Arisman or other out on bail Red Leaders need report to the

authorities about their breaking bail conditions... no double standard there, nope.

If they want to be thought as against double standards they should act MORE legal than PAD<

not use PAD as an excuse to be illegal themselves.

But the Perception Management Professionals working here on TVF, in the Thai forums,

in Montenegro and other foreign lands are crafting a vision of Thaksin as down trodden,

savior of the nation, and to some extent their work is bearing fruit, judging by

how many seem to buy this bill of sale without a viable product.

do you know jakrapob and his ideology? ...

What is wrong with Jakrapob?

I have pondered this myself. The closest diagnosis I could give would be some form of delusional mental disorder complicated by oral diarhorrea. :):D:D

hmmm, you must be in a different Thailand than the rest of us who live in BKK

I tell you what, I guess you are not even in Bangkok.

Take a photo of the red motorbike taxi riders sat adjacent to Robinson Sukhumvit on Soi 17 then, and post it on here, then I will beleive you are in Bangkok.

If you like hold a copy of todays Bangkok post headlines in the bottom of the photo so we know its real and today.

Can you ?

JW2010 sounds like a die-hard Red supporter who has re-registered on T.Visa under a different name. Be that as it may.

He/she can report seeing some downtown vendors wearing Red shifts, that's fine. He/she can also choose omit reporting the growing # of pink shirts and others who are genuinely annoyed at the Reds making problems for Bangkokians.

Fact remains, as articulated by Waytoomuchcoffee that the Red movement was started around Thaksin's personal interests, is funded by him, and it will continue as long as Thaksin sustains it with pay-outs. If that one person could find a way to be less self-pitying and less greedy, then the Red movement would dissipate.

Sadly, thats just the PAD again.

Thai's used to wear (some still do for the original meaning) Yellow shirts for a reason, so the PAD stole the colour as they knew it would look like they have more supporters.

So Thai's changed to wearing Pink following a change by the special reason, as they did not want to associate with Yellow PAD links so much, and now the PAD steal the Pink colour as they know Thai's have pink shirts they wear for a special reason.

The PAD should stop stealing the colours that the people wear for that special reason.

Disgusting behaviour.

Edited by JW2010

Take a photo of the red motorbike taxi riders sat adjacent to Robinson Sukhumvit on Soi 17 then, and post it on here, then I will beleive you are in Bangkok.

If you like hold a copy of todays Bangkok post headlines in the bottom of the photo so we know its real and today.

Can you ?

Yea sure ... as soon as you do the same. Unlike you, I have not been run off the board because of my lies and needed to create a new user account to post. I suggest you use your brain (unlike you are doing here) and simply look through my past posts over the last year to see where I live.

Can you ?

Now you are requiring people to 'prove' they are in Bangkok? You can't be serious. Do you want to see my marriage registration, my Thai driver's license, my work permit, my employment contract, scans of the last 9 years of stamps in my passport?

When your arguments fail you resort to a more base tactic. Utterly predictable.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

When do the Reds stop demanding 15 Days? Seems kind of strange that this time has come and gone and they are still saying 15 days. Makes you wonder why they were not willing to compromise as the PM was.

15 days is the perfect unrealistic number that Thaksin hopes will ultimately lead to violence and kaos in hopes for his benefit.

What Thaksin doesn't understand is he reacts emotionally and doesn't have the intelligence of the current government that has shown great restraint in their handling of this and now are in a position where the people are demanding they act with a heavy hand to restore peace.

The thing I love about all this is that "Tourists" are getting served by Red Shirts.

Those not in Thailand have no idea whats going on, but for example go down Sukhumvit, most of the food vendors in the evening are all wearing red shirts. Lots of stall holders are red shirts.

This helps the world know the red shirts are peaceful, and just "oridinary men and women" of Thailand.

If the elite wishes to use violence against "normal civilians" then it will look very bad. Which is why they have not.

The solution is simple and peaceful, dissolve parliament and hold elections now.

I suppose I should put a "shock" disclaimer on that post to warn people not in Bangkok who rely on reading the Bangkok Post and The Nation for their news that, contrary to their "un-named sources" who report all sorts of outrageous claims, and contrary to their reporting, lots of people support the reds, as can be seen on the streets of Bangkok.

So please, unless you are in Bangkok and see with your own eyes whats going on, be very wary of what you read in the BP and TN, as its extremely "biased" due to their "yellow" support and "yellow" owners.

"All the tourists"???

Another blanket statement to make people think thus and such...

Oh the reds are ubiquitous and since we serve you food without beating you,

the others must be non-violent too.

Propaganda.... shock, and awe shucks... didn't work.

If I were a food vendor and wasn't sure if a horde of Red Shirts wasn't deciding to come down my street,

before I can wheel my livelihood off to a side street, I might wear red as a business survival tactic....

Not to say that many street vendors are not sympathetic to SOME red ideas, but it seems they are WORKING,

and not running about in a street rally... a stronger eye on what REALLY matters to them.

I think that there has been sufficient proof of: the legality of Abhisit being PM, Thaksin being only interested in his own motives, and that the reds are controlled by Thaksin, and his demands. Please use the search function here before bringing these old topics up again and again. :)

Honestly, I think he is. His first post, (new account, today), was a statement that he is in Thailand and that the mods can check his IP. Well, I can use a proxy too and make it seem that I'm in Timbuktu or even Dubai!

Then this was his fourth post:

The local English press with their controllers and bias will still try to manipulate things to say its all about him, but its not, he represents a symbol of the unjust way the elite works against people who stand up to it, but he is not the sole cause now, the Reds have moved on and that was signaled by the government having negotiations.

I get the feeling that we're dealing with a serial tourist who thinks that he "knows" Thailand because he has been here a few times, and likes to rile things up from dear old blighty. He's probably using a proxy so that the mods won't ban him again.

It's these types that make TVF boring, as they spout the same incorrect blather again and again, and it falls to the regular TVF members to correct them again and again... :D

Edited for spelling and grammar.

Edited by Meridian007

I think that there has been sufficient proof of: the legality of Abhisit being PM, Thaksin being only interested in his own motives, and that the reds are controlled by Thaksin, and his demands. Please use the search function here before bringing these old topics up again and again. :)

Honestly, I think he is. His first post, (new account, today), was a statement that he is in Thailand and that the mods can check is IP. Well I can use a proxy too and make it seem that I'm in Timbuktu or even Dubai!

The local English press with their controllers and bias will still try to manipulate things to say its all about him, but its not, he represents a symbol of the unjust way the elite works against people who stand up to it, but he is not the sole cause now, the Reds have moved on and that was signaled by the government having negotiations.

I get the feeling that we're dealing with a serial tourist who thinks that he "knows" Thailand because he has been here a few times, and likes to rile things up from dear old blighty. He's probably using a proxy so that the mods won't ban him again.

It's these types that make TVF boring, as they spout the same incorrect blather again and again, and it falls to the regular TVF members to correct them again and again... :D

I question if he is even in Thailand based on his being so vocal on the issue. If he is here, I'm sure he just got here. Have to wonder why he just joined Thai Visa today.

Edited by johndpoole

Can you ?

Now you are requiring people to 'prove' they are in Bangkok? What have you been smoking man? Do you want to see my marriage registration, my Thai driver's license, my work permit, my employment contract, scans of the last 9 years of stamps in my passport?

For sure........these people are making sweeping statements about Bangkok and are probably not even there.

They seem to have no real idea about whats going on in Bangkok in reality.

They seem to have a very limited view of Thai history and do not understand the issues at hand here.

If they cannot appreciate the bigger issues at stake here and spout "Thaksin" all the time then really you have to question them.

Off for breakfast now, let the Yellow/PAD/Pink violent mobs take over the thread again can call for blood to spilt in the name of the..........well violence, they seem to love it.

Sorry if this is off-topic but where do the 60,000 people relieve themselves?

Do they let them use the facilities in the malls?

Not off topic! One of the reason they will need water cannons even if the protesters leave peacefully. Of course it's a reasonable democratic protest to use the CBD as an open air loo.

JW, thanks for the history lesson - I must have been suffering from delusions! Your grasp of democracy is absolutely ephemeral!

Honestly, I think he is. His first post, (new account, today), was a statement that he is in Thailand and that the mods can check is IP. Well I can use a proxy too and make it seem that I'm in Timbuktu or even Dubai!

I question if he is even in Thailand based on his being so vocal on the issue. If he is here, I'm sure he just got here. Have to wonder why he just joined Thai Visa today.

Having lived here over 20 years you can be assured I have avoided TVF posting for ages (over 8 years), its full of the most arrogant ill informed serial trolls (mostly lousy teachers who live in Thailand on the meagre salaries and think they are "experts").

I got here via a link on The Nation website, after laughing at their latest load of nonsese they have written.

However this morning I got fed up with the clear nonsense being spouted by many of the posters on here and decided to sign up and have a post or few in response to the never ending load of absolute nonsense being talked about the Reds.

Does it frighten some of you to have someone in Bangkok posting here ? Someone who does not toe the "propaganda" line ?

Breakfast time, sorry, must go.

Edited by JW2010

Can you ?

Oh Please!

Can you ?

Now you are requiring people to 'prove' they are in Bangkok? What have you been smoking man? Do you want to see my marriage registration, my Thai driver's license, my work permit, my employment contract, scans of the last 9 years of stamps in my passport?

For sure........these people are making sweeping statements about Bangkok and are probably not even there.

They seem to have no real idea about whats going on in Bangkok in reality.

They seem to have a very limited view of Thai history and do not understand the issues at hand here.

If they cannot appreciate the bigger issues at stake here and spout "Thaksin" all the time then really you have to question them.

Off for breakfast now, let the Yellow/PAD/Pink violent mobs take over the thread again can call for blood to spilt in the name of the..........well violence, they seem to love it.

Don't you mean off to bed? You joined the forum more than 2 hours ago and logic would assume you were up long before this and your first act of the day was not to join Thai Visa. Sounds odd to have breakfast so late after getting up ... most people if actually here would say they are simply going to get something to eat. But you seem obsessed with questioning if people are in Thailand and making the claim you are but ignore providing any proof as you have asked other(s) to do.

Having lived here over 20 years you can be assured I have avoided TVF posting on for ages (over 8 years), its full of the most arrogant ill informed serial trolls (mostly lousy teachers who live in Thailand on the meagre salaries and think they "experts").

I got here via a link on The Nation website, after laughing at their latest load of nonsese they have written.

However this morning I got fed up with the clear nonsense being spouted by many of the posters on here and decided to sign up and have a post or few in response to the never ending load of absolute nonsense being talked about the Reds.

Does it frighten some of you to have someone in Bangkok posting here ? Someone who does not toe the "propaganda" line ?

There you go again with your ad hominem attacks. Do try to up your game a bit please.

H

I am in Thailand (moderators can see that from my ISP) but I guess that most people posting here are not as the sheer massive amount of people who do not understand Thailand and Thai's as seen by lots of the posts on this thread is staggering.

If you are not in Thailand I think really you should keep your fingers from typing on the current situation.

The Reds have transformed into an entity which encompasses lots of pressure groups, which is they the puppet Abhisit "annointed" government is having to treat them with kid gloves, which is being exploited by the reds.

This is Democracy.

Un-Democratic events leds to an "annointed" government being put into place, one where influence outside of elected politicians put together a coalition.

The people are simply asking that this un-elected coalition government put in place by "elite" behind the scenes manouvering is dissolved and allow the people to vote again.

Thats a good thing. This is Democracy and the atttitude of some poster on here against the Reds is disturbing and disgusting IMO.

I think it is you who really don't understand. This is about Thaksin. He and his leaders are using the Democracy and Class War argument as a front. Here is the evidence and it isn't hard to connect the dots.

1) Thaksin lost billions in a court decision.

2) The demonstrations started about a week after this decision was handed down.

3) The demonstrations are funded primarily by Thaksin

4) The demonstrators are being paid to attend.

5) The redshirt leaders have already declared that Thaksin's situation would be rectified if they win this war.

6) The reds are calling for elections, but have no platform that supports democratic principles.

7) Their previous (now banned) political leaders engaged in some of the largest violations of democratic principles in recent Thai history.

8) The redshirts won't allow opposition parties to campaign in their region.

9) The redshirt footsoldiers come from regions where vote buying is the most rampant.

10) The reds are calling for elections, but have no platform with specific policies to help the poor, except free cash handouts and debt forgiveness.

11) Thaksin makes almost nightly phone-ins to his followers.

So this isn't about democracy. It isn't about fair policies for to help the poor. So what is it really all about? The answer is painfully obvious.

Precisely.

"If you are not in Thailand I think really you should keep your fingers from typing on the current situation."

Oh, other than those with friends and family here who they are in contact with....

How could anyone not on the land here know what's happening? Telephones, Email, Video, fax....international TV, TVForum.

Trying to shut down more dissenting opinions I see... bad argument, but you had to try.

"The people are simply asking that this un-elected coalition government

put in place by "elite" behind the scenes manouvering is dissolved and allow the people to vote again."

Other than the fact this is EXACTLY the same as

Thaksin getting installed as PM, Samak installed as PM and later de-installed by Thaksin, not the courts,

Somchai being INSTALLED by "elite" behind the scenes maneuvering, by Thaksin and HIS PPP puyais.

Trying to bring down a government installed by Elected Ministers of Parliament via street protests is not Democracy

it is attempted autocracy by a renegade power broker and media manipulator.

This Professional Perception Management re-branding of the ~Red Cause™ is only partly working,

but then total control of the worlds perceptions only happens occasionally. Still it must be a hard uphill slog

to daily refute those dissenting voices that never bought into the propaganda stream even in this

media smorgasbord of the internet world.

Edited by animatic

Having lived here over 20 years you can be assured I have avoided TVF posting for ages (over 8 years), its full of the most arrogant ill informed serial trolls (mostly lousy teachers who live in Thailand on the meagre salaries and think they are "experts").

Interesting that you know the term "troll" and claim to have been reading the site for 8-years but then say you got here because of a link today from the Nation.

We will await your picture ... the same one you demanded of me but in all reality, we know that you will be gone and logged in as a different user in a few moments.

[

True colors coming out he? Please think of your blood pressure!

Have a good and above all very long breakfast!

Look who wasn't all that hungry for breakfast ....

120 User(s) are reading this topic

50 Members: johndpoole, Neurath, rook, way2muchcoffee, Cayenne, phetaroi, somnomna, p_brownstone, OzMick, LuckyLew, pimay11, Pawpcorn, intacome, ratcatcher, Starrysky, femi fan, lumbye, animatic, mca, wordchild, FrancisQ, Who, me ?, griffer, Gary A, JW2010, mogenswinter, Doro22, doctormann, stiggy, psianderson, bateman75, TomnearCentral, KKvampire, midasthailand, PRM, cracker1, irakthai, hazz, asia_pilot, warfie, crichard, otherstuff1957, rivington, rburger, HDDiver, Blindtigar, SanSaiExPat, TR06, ozzieman05, BruceMangosteen

Edited by johndpoole

Hmmmm are they reading my posts? .. I did say, give the crowd a lawful order to disperse ... then repeat it and repeat it again. Then do what has to be done.

Then do what has to be done?

Are you advocating Police use violence to disperse a peaceful anti-government protest?

I am stating that the protest is NOT peaceful. I certainly didn't say use 'violence' but since the reds publicly stated that they are willing to use violence AND that they had a "guerilla" force just yesterday then it certainly isn't out of line to use water cannon and other non-lethal crowd dispersal techniques. After all you wouldn't want them to participate in double standards would you? (I do want them to participate in double standards -- in that I do not want them to use outdated military ordinance from China similar to what was used on Oct 7th.

So, in short: yes , do what has to be done to remove the crowd. This obviously now includes jailing them all.

What bloody colour do you expect that they would wear, yellow perhaps? A garden slug would know that the this does not necessarily indicate their political views.

I have pondered this myself. The closest diagnosis I could give would be some form of delusional mental disorder complicated by oral diarhorrea. :):D:D

Verbhorhea = Constant running of the mouth.

A side effect of Philosophical Disentary.

Just have to keep spouting &lt;deleted&gt;.

Poor Jakrapob, just couldn't STOP talking no matter the venue, open mouth insert foot.

That is the problem with Poly-Sci types, they get locked on a philosophy and can't let go for decades.

Seems this guilt ridden neo-post-communist dogmatism is harder to shake than malaria...

it just keeps coming back for life.

I was in Sukhumvit all day yesterday (Saturday 3rd) and did not see any food vendors dressed in red shirts serving tourists.

Do you have photos showing red shirt food vendors in Sukhumvit yesterday, or are you just making it up? Post your photos here for everyone to see.

:)

I have pondered this myself. The closest diagnosis I could give would be some form of delusional mental disorder complicated by oral diarhorrea. :D:D:D

Verbhorhea = Constant running of the mouth.

A side effect of Philosophical Disentary.

Just have to keep spouting &lt;deleted&gt;.

Poor Jakrapob, just couldn't STOP talking no matter the venue, open mouth insert foot.

That is the problem with Poly-Sci types, they get locked on a philosophy and can't let go for decades.

Seems this guilt ridden neo-post-communist dogmatism is harder to shake than malaria...

it just keeps coming back for life.

What had you for breakfast?

:)

[

I think the Reds and JW have a point, yet many here chastise them both with mean spirited and thoughtless language. Frankly, I am embarassed for you. Some of the comments against the Reds and JW remind of right wing republicans here in the US.

[

I think the Reds and JW have a point, yet many here chastise them both with mean spirited and thoughtless language. Frankly, I am embarassed for you. Some of the comments against the Reds and JW remind of right wing republicans here in the US.

Explain yourself please.

[

Is it just a coincidence your account became active at the same time JW (another brand new user) said he was going to eat? Just curious. I realize this could be a coincidence but I find is suspicious.