Thai Protesters Target Bangkok's Tourist Centre

webfact

Breakfast time, sorry, must go.

True colors coming out he? Please think of your blood pressure!

Have a good and above all very long breakfast!

I think the Reds and JW have a point, yet many here chastise them both with mean spirited and thoughtless language. Frankly, I am embarassed for you. Some of the comments against the Reds and JW remind of right wing republicans here in the US.

Welcome back JW, that was a short breakfast! We know that you know that you know how to use a proxy, and how many dormant accounts do you have?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I hope Abhisit is smart enough to realise that there comes a point where diplomacy looks like weakness ( a lesson the Israelis, Iraninans, the Burmese and N.Koreans have all taught the U.S in varous ways in recent years), and that there comes a point where the State's promise to uphold the law must be backed by force when wantonly disregarded.

<deleted>?

[

Having lived here over 20 years you can be assured I have avoided TVF posting for ages (over 8 years), its full of the most arrogant ill informed serial trolls (mostly lousy teachers who live in Thailand on the meagre salaries and think they are "experts").

I got here via a link on The Nation website, after laughing at their latest load of nonsese they have written.

However this morning I got fed up with the clear nonsense being spouted by many of the posters on here and decided to sign up and have a post or few in response to the never ending load of absolute nonsense being talked about the Reds.

Does it frighten some of you to have someone in Bangkok posting here ? Someone who does not toe the "propaganda" line ?

I think the Reds and JW have a point, yet many here chastise them both with mean spirited and thoughtless language. Frankly, I am embarassed for you. Some of the comments against the Reds and JW remind of right wing republicans here in the US.

Give us a break. Please don't start with the right wing, left wing crap in the US. We are not interested. Besides that has absolutely nothing to do with this forum. If you want to push you agenda please find another place to post.

Thaksin really has had a great test of time with his Kim Jong Il / North Korean kind of blind zombie-like followers.

I guess that an unlimited supply of criminally obtained funds and full police cooperation are still helping all this time later.

Everything the reds and shape-shifting predecessors have ever tried has failed in a miserable PTV-like manner. They'll never be able to pull anything honest and just, because there is not an ounce of honesty right from the start, still foolling themselves and each other on the eventual possibility of getting covered in riches, many already have, with stolen loot, by the great one for services rendered. There are just too many criminals and not enough honest thinkers in their ranks. They are painting themselves in a corner all over again this week-end. Political dodos.

The following pics is a good representation of the Thaksin movement.

parasites along for the ride.

shark2.jpg

Edited by Tony Clifton

[

Having lived here over 20 years you can be assured I have avoided TVF posting for ages (over 8 years), its full of the most arrogant ill informed serial trolls (mostly lousy teachers who live in Thailand on the meagre salaries and think they are "experts").

I got here via a link on The Nation website, after laughing at their latest load of nonsese they have written.

However this morning I got fed up with the clear nonsense being spouted by many of the posters on here and decided to sign up and have a post or few in response to the never ending load of absolute nonsense being talked about the Reds.

Does it frighten some of you to have someone in Bangkok posting here ? Someone who does not toe the "propaganda" line ?

Let me guess, a CA Dem, well known for their intellectual capacity and good governance, and possible J in JW is for Jon, and the W would be for a word I can't use. Say hi to Nancy for me, and please amuse us with more drivel.

Edited by OzMick

Thaksin really has had a great test of time with his Kim Jong Il / North Korean kind of blind zombie-like followers.

I guess that an unlimited supply of criminally obtained funds and full police cooperation are still helping all this time later.

Everything the reds and shape-shifting predecessors have ever tried has failed in a miserable PTV-like manner. They'll never be able to pull anything honest and just, because there is not an ounce of honesty right from the start, still foolling themselves and each other on the eventual possibility of getting covered in riches, many already have, with stolen loot, by the great one for services rendered. There are just too many criminals and not enough honest thinkers in their ranks. They are painting themselves in a corner all over again this week-end. Political dodos.

The following pics is a good representation of the Thaksin movement.

parasites along for the ride.

A photo shot in front of MBK yesterday.

Edited by bubba

Good morning all,

Political Prisoners in Thailand (who was reporting on the ground and was not dependent on government-sponsored "police estimates") put the peak crowd at 300 000 last night, and Reuters is reporting that at least 50 000 camped there all night.

The ones who went home are most likely Bangkok people who have a bed to go back to. They'll be back this morning.

(Not that any of you will believe any of these reports, as Reuters and PPT who was equally critical of the Thaksin regime are probably now just getting paid off by him.)

Edited by johncitizen

What is wrong with Jakrapob?

I have pondered this myself. The closest diagnosis I could give would be some form of delusional mental disorder complicated by oral diarhorrea. :D:D:D

Verbhorhea = Constant running of the mouth.

A side effect of Philosophical Disentary.

Just have to keep spouting <deleted>.

Poor Jakrapob, just couldn't STOP talking no matter the venue, open mouth insert foot.

That is the problem with Poly-Sci types, they get locked on a philosophy and can't let go for decades.

Seems this guilt ridden neo-post-communist dogmatism is harder to shake than malaria...

it just keeps coming back for life.

What had you for breakfast?

:)

Drip coffee and Muselli with whole milk.

[

Well Jon if you were here,

you would see the Reds more as the Tea Party and the PTP more as the avaricious GOP.

Presently out of office and doing most anything to get back at the controls again.

Including pretending they haven't created a climate for violence.

Thaksin is more like Bush than most want to admit.

I am not embarrassed at your lack of information,

just at the naivety of believing so much propaganda...

Edited by animatic

CAPO announces the Ratchaprasong Junction a restricted area for rallying

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order last night made an announcement, declaring the Ratchaprasong Junction a restricted area for political rallies.

Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd, CAPO Spokesperson said the announcement was necessitated following the breakdown of a negotiation by the CAPO team and core leaders of the demonstrators who insisted to make the Ratchaprasong Junction their temporary base.

The announcement was made in line with the Internal Security Act imposed in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakan at present.

Authorities are entitled to announce restriction for certain persons to enter, or to leave the designated area, or they will be held guilty according to the law, and liable to up to 1-year jailterm or 20,000 THB fine, or both.

Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office Sathit Wongnongtoey explained that with the announcement, those who holed up at the area would be deemed law violators.

CAPO are starting to make demonstrators understand that they are violating the security law, with loud-speaker units sent in at the demonstration area from now on.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-04-04

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Okay, so they are making it blatantly obvious to all who are there that they are breaking the law. No one will be able to say that they didn't know. So, if they cordon off the area, cut the power to the red stage, and get military and police going in and recording names and ID numbers, maybe this will start to disperse.

Good morning all,

Political Prisoners in Thailand (who was reporting on the ground and was not dependent on government-sponsored "police estimates") put the peak crowd at 300 000 last night, and Reuters is reporting that at least 50 000 camped there all night.

The ones who went home are most likely Bangkok people who have a bed to go back to. They'll be back this morning.

(Not that any of you will believe any of these reports, as Reuters and PPT who was equally critical of the Thaksin regime are probably now just getting paid off by him.)

Estimations of crowd sizes, without having them pass through turnstiles, is a difficult art, and estimates will vary wildly. The most scientific method seems to be counting the number of legs, then dividing by 2, and applying a fudge factor which depends on the country and allows for the number of amputees.

Let me guess, a CA Dem, well known for their intellectual capacity and good governance, and possible J in JW is for Jon, and the W would be for a word I can't use. Say hi to Nancy for me, and please amuse us with more drivel.

W for WENG! :)

Good morning all,

Not an unbiased source AND not in line with anyone else's estimates at all. (and STILL far below your claims of largest protests in the world)

Animatic, are you saying you're actually a progressive? How the hel_l can't you be supporting the Reds then?

The truly progressive stopped apologising for the PAD after the coup, and many of them are marching out the front of Central World as I type.

Realise this movement goes beyond Thaksin, and that many of its number are just as abhorrent of what he did as you are. But they were able to put aside this hatred for the purposes of seeing the Six Principles of the UDD fulfilled:

The Six Principles of the (UDD) The United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship

1) Achieving the goal of establishing a genuine democracy that has the King as our Head of State, with political power belonging exclusively to the people. We reject any attempt, past or future, at using the monarchy to silence dissent or advance a particular agenda.

2) Dissolving the 2007 Constitution and restoring the 1997 Constitution, which may then be amended through a transparent, consultative and democratic process.

3) Bringing Thais together in an effort to solve our political and socio-economic problems, recognizing that such efforts must stem from the power of the people.

4) Implementing the rule of law, due process and a system of equal justice for all, free of any obstructions or double-standards.

5) Uniting all Thais who love democracy, equality, and equal justice within all facets of society, in an effort to deconstruct and move beyond the Amartyatippatai (Aristocracy) system.

6) Using exclusively non-violent means to achieve these objectives.

It saddens me to see progressives divided in this way, and even sadder that the flavour of rhetoric such as yours had you pegged in my mind as a conservative. You are on the wrong side of history, mate.

W for WENG! :)

I was actually thinking of a habit supposed to cause early blindness.

Animatic, are you saying you're actually a progressive? How the hel_l can't you be supporting the Reds then?

The truly progressive stopped apologising for the PAD after the coup, and many of them are marching out the front of Central World as I type.

Realise this movement goes beyond Thaksin, and that many of its number are just as abhorrent of what he did as you are. But they were able to put aside this hatred for the purposes of seeing the Six Principles of the UDD fulfilled:

The Six Principles of the (UDD) The United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship

1) Achieving the goal of establishing a genuine democracy that has the King as our Head of State, with political power belonging exclusively to the people. We reject any attempt, past or future, at using the monarchy to silence dissent or advance a particular agenda.

2) Dissolving the 2007 Constitution and restoring the 1997 Constitution, which may then be amended through a transparent, consultative and democratic process.

3) Bringing Thais together in an effort to solve our political and socio-economic problems, recognizing that such efforts must stem from the power of the people.

4) Implementing the rule of law, due process and a system of equal justice for all, free of any obstructions or double-standards.

5) Uniting all Thais who love democracy, equality, and equal justice within all facets of society, in an effort to deconstruct and move beyond the Amartyatippatai (Aristocracy) system.

It saddens me to see progressives divided in this way, and even sadder that the flavour of rhetoric such as yours had you pegged in my mind as a conservative. You are on the wrong side of history, mate.

A superb post.

Well said !

Music to the ears of the people.

Be careful, such views are not normally allowed on TVF, you will likely get banned now for mentioning "Aristocracy" in your post as many many Yellow shirts appear to work for TVF.

Edited by RedJay

Yesterday ----

Red leaders say they are prepared to use violence --- (There goes point number 6) Thy say they have guerilla units -- that certainly says they have planned violence for a long time.

Red leader Arisman threatened to burn BKK down. There goes point 5 since that is targetting Thais.

Implementing the rule of law -- while calling for insurrection and committing sedition -- There goes point 4

Calling for a duly elected government to dissolve and threatening BKKians and others --- there goes point 3

Dissolving a working constitution to go back to one that failed --- why? Oh yeah whitewash Thaksin. Fact is that the current charter can be ammended--- there goes point 2

Point one --- I will skip over :)

Well Jon if you were here,

you would see the Reds more as the Tea Party and the PTP more as the avaricious GOP.

Presently out of office and doing most anything to get back at the controls again.

Including pretending they haven't created a climate for violence.

Thaksin is more like Bush than most want to admit.

I am not embarrassed at your lack of information,

just at the naivety of believing so much propaganda...

I did not say that I was 'for' the Reds per se. I was only saying that they do have a point and don't deserve to be dismissed and ridiculed as they have been on this forum. As far as propaganda goes, 99% is pro current government which naturally makes me suspicious anyway :)

As much as I would like to see forces go in and clear the area, I'm not sure "at this point" the PM can do much since the Reds agreed to open traffic lanes. The police should have never made this an option and instead held to them clearing the area. Opening the roads is only going to make problems worse if they do want to clear the area and restore order. But now for the first time the Reds have shown they can compromise and it would not be a wise move politically to go in.

I can't believe they negotiated with the Reds on obeying the law. Clearly this was a mistake. There should have been no negotiations but instead talks of how to resolve the issue quickly and with the least amount of problems for all involved.

I think in order to clear up who has the right to update on the situation in Bangkok, and who are just noise and posting from afar and causing trouble lets have a photo verfication session.

Get hold of the Bangkok Post and the Nation, today's prints.

Walk to a well known Bangkok landmark, Emporium, MBK, Sky Train etc.. and take a photo of both of the papers together with the landmark in the background.

Then put your user name as a watermark on the picture, and then post it on here.

Then readers will know WHO IS IN BANGKOK, and who are pretending to be in Bangkok.

Good idea ? I think so.

Yes, I can't believe they allowed them to compromise! They should have just send in the skull-crushers to wipe them all out instead!

No opposition= no problem! That's what "New" Democracy is all about.

If Sondhi and Prem were members of Thai Visa (which wouldn't suprise me), they'd be PMing you their congratulations for reaching enlightenment right now.

A superb post.

Well said !

Music to the ears of the people.

Be careful, such views are not normally allowed on TVF, you will likely get banned now for mentioning "Aristocracy" in your post as many many Yellow shirts appear to work for TVF.

And yet another brand new poster who happens to be siding with the Reds. Coincidence or proof that they (he) lack such support for their (his) views that there is a need to create false users to show even a tiny number of supporters of this view.

Only those not in Bangkok would go against verification ? So I think its a good idea so we can know who are real Bangkok people, and who are not.

I suspect many of the noisy loud mouthed posters will be unable to verify they are in Bangkok.

LOL

But they will claim they know all the details :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good post- such ideology as has been expressed by the reds lately is, to my mind, quite astute- it regards the nation as being controlled by an untouchable cabal of beaurocrats, military and judiciary, all at the service of a historic land owning aristocracy with varying proximity to the center of power- not unlike feudal societies of the past. This view would hold that no democracy of any stripe is possible unless power is devolved to the citizenry. THe real questions that should be asked now would refer to the accuracy of this analysis. If anyone could recommend a good academic analysis of this system, I for one, would be grateful.

As much as I would like to see forces go in and clear the area, I'm not sure "at this point" the PM can do much since the Reds agreed to open traffic lanes. The police should have never made this an option and instead held to them clearing the area. Opening the roads is only going to make problems worse if they do want to clear the area and restore order. But now for the first time the Reds have shown they can compromise and it would not be a wise move politically to go in.

I can't believe they negotiated with the Reds on obeying the law. Clearly this was a mistake. There should have been no negotiations but instead talks of how to resolve the issue quickly and with the least amount of problems for all involved.

hel_l yeah pardner, we shood just shoot 'em all...yeee haaah

Unfortunately, Jatuporn is being Jatuporn. The day will come soon enough when he can longer hide his parliamentary immunity and charges of sedition may await him.

Red-shirt leader Jatuporn Promphan told the protesters at the Rajprsong Intersection Sunday morning that the demonstrators would not leave the commercial area as ordered by the government.

He said he did not believe the prime minister would dare to order police to use force to break up the rally.

"If the prime minister gives such an order, it will be tantamount to slashing his own throat. So, we don't have to be afraid of any order. Let's stay rallying here," Jatuporn told the crowd.

The Nation

I think in order to clear up who has the right to update on the situation in Bangkok, and who are just noise and posting from afar and causing trouble lets have a photo verfication session.

Walk to a well known Bangkok landmark, Emporium, MBK, Sky Train etc.. and take a photo of both of the papers together with the landmark in the background.

Then put your user name as a watermark on the picture, and then post it on here.

Then readers will know WHO IS IN BANGKOK, and who are pretending to be in Bangkok.

Good idea ? I think so.

Another Weng

Good idea ? I think so.

Just read all of your posts so far. I have one question - still drinking from last night? Try making sense.