Thai Authorities Shut Down Red-Shirts Protesters Tv Station

webfact

Now, it seems no matter how you try to view it that the broadcast has gone dead. Does this mean that the soldiers are moving in?

The TV broadcast may be dead but I'll bet the reds are getting messages through to each other, with todays technology it would be very hard to stop completely, a complete shutdown on all mobile networks and Internet might do the trick but news will get through somehow.

The government will be blocking the reds as they approach Bangkok's suburbs (as I previously expressed they should). Bravo! Nip these insurgents off at the bud, it will make the dispersal job easier (or even possible).

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now, it seems no matter how you try to view it that the broadcast has gone dead. Does this mean that the soldiers are moving in?

The TV broadcast may be dead but I'll bet the reds are getting messages through to each other, with todays technology it would be very hard to stop completely, a complete shutdown on all mobile networks and Internet might do the trick but news will get through somehow.

The government will be blocking the reds as they approach Bangkok's suburbs (as I previously expressed they should). Bravo! Nip these insurgents off at the bud, it will make the dispersal job easier (or even possible).

I've been with you much of the way on here, but you, as an American should value free speech. Shame on your for forgetting why you are here.....

I thought Abhisit was a good honest and democratic man...looks like I'm wrong. Any democratic nation allows freedom of speech, all the red tv is doing is broadcasting live from the red stadium, never said anything about the reliability of the speech being broadcast. If you shut down every biased tv station there would be no TV.

Edited by 321niti123

Think out loud. What if they dress in yellow, drive into bangkok, and get the free red shirt in Bangkok?

Edited by chantorn

I thought Abhisit was a good honest and democratic man...looks like I'm wrong. Any democratic nation allows freedom of speech, all the red tv is doing is broadcasting live from the red stadium, never said anything about the reliability of the speech being broadcast. If you shut down every biased tv station there would be no TV.

Obviously you haven't been reading this forum '

Clearly the PTV crossed a line they shouldnt in inciting hatred and playing faked clips etc, but closing a media outlet is an infringement of freedom of speech and as such shouldnt just be welcomed imho.

The closing down of a variety of of media sources is clearly a psychologicla weapon. People cant see wheta is happening. That is a big one and it has suddenly got harder to communicate. Obviously in the technological age we live ways will be found around this so I guess the government side intend to make other moves soon while having a command and control and PR advantage. Still all we can do is speculate. Lets just hope people dont get hurt or maybe if that is too niaive maybe lets hope it is minimized

But if what is being said on the red stage is criminal then the government has every right to cut the signal. Death threats are crimes. That's how it works. Stay in the bounds of the law and there are no problems.

This also goes for the present rally site. If the reds would have stayed at the bridge and not broke into parliament then there would not have been an SOE.

While the yellow shirt broadcasts during the PAD rallies were pretty bold, they did not openly call people to commit violence, they didn't preach sedition, they didn't commit treason. It is an apples and oranges comparison.

I seem to recall one of the PAD calling for the beheading of Thaksin and I believe Chavalit.

Thai Journalists Association, Thailand Cable TV Association condemns blockade of PTV broadcast, closure of website

The Thai Journalists Association and Thailand Cable TV Association Thursday issued a joint statement to condemn the government's blockade of the PTV's satellite transmission and the closure of www.prachatai.com.

The joint statement said the actions were unconstitutional and double standard law enforcement.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-08

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Thai-...s-30126738.html

Thai Journalists Association, Thailand Cable TV Association condemns blockade of PTV broadcast, closure of website The Thai Journalists Association and Thailand Cable TV Association Thursday issued a joint statement to condemn the government's blockade of the PTV's satellite transmission and the closure of www.prachatai.com.

The joint statement said the actions were unconstitutional and double standard law enforcement.

The Nation

Edited by LevelHead

Well done Abhisit the Reds will hate you even more now

Hardly likely since some would already try and kill him if they could.

(ref Songrkan ministry parking lot last year.)

Can't hate him much more than that.

Besides they have been taught to hate him.

Thai Journalists Association, Thailand Cable TV Association condemns blockade of PTV broadcast, closure of website The Thai Journalists Association and Thailand Cable TV Association Thursday issued a joint statement to condemn the government's blockade of the PTV's satellite transmission and the closure of www.prachatai.com.

The Nation

Against the constitution, well thats illegal then isn't it ?

Double standards of LAW enforcement, again.

But hey, its the Yellow Democrats here, they can do anything and are immune are they not ???

Disgraceful to go against the constitution, but then again a coup is against the constitution and not one coup leader or coup backer has ever been tried for treason.

Wonder why Thaksin is tried in courts, but the obvious coup leaders and backers are never tried for treason ?

Double standards in the law courts ? Double standards all round ? Elite can do what they want and others cannot ?

Hardly likely since some would already try and kill him if they could.

(ref Songrkan ministry parking lot last year.)

Can't hate him much more than that.

Besides they have been taught to hate him.

If he calls elections they may start to love him. :)

Its getting more like Burma every day.

Coup.

SOE.

Non-elected (by the people) government put into place by the elite.

Banning protests.

Cutting off opposition media outlets.

Oh Abhisit, you really are turning Thailand into Burma, is that what they taught you at Oxford ? I think it would suit him now, Abhisit and Suthep in military uniforms on the TV saying how well the Thailand Junta is running the country.

How to turn Democracy into a Junta in 101 steps.

1/ Have a coup in 2006.

2/ .......

Well on the way now, perhaps step 55 or more ?

The Nation

But hey, its the Yellow Democrats here, they can do anything and are immune are they not ???

Disgraceful to go against the constitution, but then again a coup is against the constitution and not one coup leader or coup backer has ever been tried for treason.

Wonder why Thaksin is tried in courts, but the obvious coup leaders and backers are never tried for treason ?

Double standards in the law courts ? Double standards all round ? Elite can do what they want and others cannot ?

Do you ever think before you post anything?

A bunch of private broadcasters release a statement that is THEIR opinion, no court has ruled on it, no charges filed etc..etc... and you somehow take that as having some deeper meaning?

You have clearly got to get out more... maybe go hang out with your red buddies so you can report first hand the maiming and murdering the gov't forces are doing

:):D:D

Its getting more like Burma every day.

Coup.

SOE.

Non-elected (by the people) government put into place by the elite.

Banning protests.

Cutting off opposition media outlets.

Oh Abhisit, you really are turning Thailand into Burma, is that what they taught you at Oxford ? I think it would suit him now, Abhisit and Suthep in military uniforms on the TV saying how well the Thailand Junta is running the country.

How to turn Democracy into a Junta in 101 steps.

1/ Have a coup in 2006.

2/ .......

Well on the way now, perhaps step 55 or more ?

As you are the exact opposite of the meaning of your handle congrats you have joined the bin... what a ..........

The Nation

Do you ever think before you post anything?

A bunch of private broadcasters release a statement that is THEIR opinion, no court has ruled on it, no charges filed etc..etc... and you somehow take that as having some deeper meaning?

You have clearly got to get out more... maybe go hang out with your red buddies so you can report first hand the maiming and murdering the gov't forces are doing

:):D:D

No COURT could ever rule on it, did you not know the Democrats are immune from any charges so it seems, charges never get to the courts so they never have to make a decision, its always "lost in the paperwork".

So easy to run a country when you have everything fixed so that no true justice can ever take place.

Why has no coup leader or backer from 2006 ever been tried for treason ?

Why has no Yellow shirt ever been charged for vandalism, damage of government property, terrorism at the international airport ?

LAW ?

CHECKS AND BALANCES ?

Since the coup the rule of law has been so one sided the present situation is far worse than what they ever accused Thaksin, without proof, of trying to do in terms of checks and balances.

Level --- not only are you repeating the same lie over and over, you are also posting the same thing on multiple threads. Check the appropriate reply on the other thread as I can't be bothered to repeat myself in this one.

Level --- not only are you repeating the same lie over and over, you are also posting the same thing on multiple threads. Check the appropriate reply on the other thread as I can't be bothered to repeat myself in this one.

I thought it was you repeating your lie over and over again ?

Misrepresenting facts and all that nonsense you were doing is it not ?

Back on topic.

It is very wrong for the government to have acted in this way and stopped the freedom of the peoples as so given under the constitution. I am very glad to hear that the PTP party are going to try to get Suthep over this, for he appears to have acted against the constitution.

And there is no excuse for member of parliament to ever do that.

Both ASTV & People Channel should have been shut long long ago.

I agree. But by leaving ASTV open throughout the airport siege and by closing PTV throughout this siege, you play right into the hands of the red shirts' propaganda. The big people let ASTV stay on, but they want to silence the voices of the little reds.

While the yellow shirt broadcasts during the PAD rallies were pretty bold, they did not openly call people to commit violence, they didn't preach sedition, they didn't commit treason. It is an apples and oranges comparison.

Both sides have said foolish things - people are angry - shutting down ONE sides broadcasting is very, very inciteful and will get a backlash - shutting both might have been acceptable - but oh no - leave the yellow bananas their broadcasting whilst they took over an international airport illegally - that's ok!!! it is absolutely putting petrol on the fire and is foolish

Do you ever do anything else but complain about "double standards"

Yellow banana this .... "

The red shirts will reap what they sow

why does every farang think the red shirts are brain dead and the yellow/elite are einstein. I am 33yr old chartered accoutant who quit the rat race from uk to learn about a foreign culture. I have taught at harrow (bkk) and stanford (hua-hin). I have also taught at provincial schools and village schools in phrae and udon thani. The thickest and most narrow minded have been at harrow/stanford. They are the brain dead ones because they don't give a sh*t, they are fed with a silver spoon and have a totally reprehensible western attitude!! They cant even speak english for f*cks sake and the fees are 1 million baht per year(harrow). The kids from the countryside/poor families are so artistic and full of endeavour its unbelievable. Their enthusiasm just needs harnessing and their full potential being realised!

Therefore my point is that the rich/poor divide needs to be reduced to enable the real thai children to flourish and release their inner spirit & talent; for they are so talented and so overlooked!

jc

Thank God you don`t teach my children... and Grow up.... where do you people come from..???

why does every farang think the red shirts are brain dead and the yellow/elite are einstein. I am 33yr old chartered accoutant who quit the rat race from uk to learn about a foreign culture. I have taught at harrow (bkk) and stanford (hua-hin). I have also taught at provincial schools and village schools in phrae and udon thani. The thickest and most narrow minded have been at harrow/stanford. They are the brain dead ones because they don't give a sh*t, they are fed with a silver spoon and have a totally reprehensible western attitude!! They cant even speak english for f*cks sake and the fees are 1 million baht per year(harrow). The kids from the countryside/poor families are so artistic and full of endeavour its unbelievable. Their enthusiasm just needs harnessing and their full potential being realised!

Therefore my point is that the rich/poor divide needs to be reduced to enable the real thai children to flourish and release their inner spirit & talent; for they are so talented and so overlooked!

jc

Yes - quite a few 33 year olds come to Thailand to "learn about a foreign culture". :D

The one I like best is "came on holiday and fell in love with the country" - usually the specific parts of the country they love are Pattaya and an Isaa Moo Baan.

Of course, Children are not born uneducated and so why Isaan kids should be any different from other kids, I am not sure. I am also not sure what 'real' Thai children are. My 2 kids are half Thai, can I presume that they are not in fact, real ? :)

I have a ลูกครึ่ง too! I was 30 when i actually moved here and had no preconceptions. In fact I find it quite a difficuly place to live one way and another. I live in chaam, which if you dont know it about 180km southwest of bkk. Its a quiet beach town with thai students at the weekend. Real was really a euphonism that did not encompass all. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule. I was just making a general observation that i thought people may want to digest!! nothing malicious, just true life experience. hope u can take the post in its true context now.

Suicide is painless....

Both ASTV & People Channel should have been shut long long ago.

I agree. But by leaving ASTV open throughout the airport siege and by closing PTV throughout this siege, you play right into the hands of the red shirts' propaganda. The big people let ASTV stay on, but they want to silence the voices of the little reds.

Maybe they didn't have to. They were in control of the international airport, not a shopping area.

You lot have been at it for three weeks or so

On day 1 you asked for dissolve parliament in 15 days

Government said we are not dissolving parliament and calling an election

After talks were held ..

Government offered nine months ... a nice reduction off about 12 months

Red shirts said - no 15 days

The government offered a mid point and they did budge on their original stance

Have the red shirts budged and relented on 15 days ........ nope

When at the bargaining table it is give and take

Government was flexible ... reds were not

Red leaders are inciting violence ... invading gov't buildings ...

You said the other day " will not march down silom"

Police/army backed down a little bit

Reds then marched down silom

Reds have proven to be liars ... violence inciters ...

grenade trowing, gun shooting unruly mob of hooligans

You reap what you sow

Shutting down the access for the leaders to coordinate largish groups of people in defiance of the law certainly makes sense to most people. The sms system was shut down yesterday. People TV today. Radio stations yesterday and today.

The amazing thing is that people are saying this is bad when you have people threatening violence etc from the stages of the Reds to be broadcast across the country.

You are absolutely clueless - you don't get it? shut down reds and keep your yellow stuff open? are you mad? you think this will work - I actually thought Abhisit had a brain

and we all think that you have a squiggily tail....

I thought it was you repeating your lie over and over again ?

Misrepresenting facts and all that nonsense you were doing is it not ?

Back on topic.

It is very wrong for the government to have acted in this way and stopped the freedom of the peoples as so given under the constitution. I am very glad to hear that the PTP party are going to try to get Suthep over this, for he appears to have acted against the constitution.

And there is no excuse for member of parliament to ever do that.

LOL

1) Suthep is NOT a member of Parliament

2) Under the SoE the government has broken no law.

3) Jatuporn IS a member of parliament and has openly spoken of commiting violence and has preached sedition and treason in public (and over People TV no less!)