A Suggestion

a2396

I have a suggestion to the overseers of this website and that is to create a new category listing for political topics. Recently, on the first page of the forum, there were 11 topics posted regarding the political situation in Thailand. It seems many foreigners are obsessed with the politics here and wish to discus it ad infinitum. I for one would like to see this stuff moved to a place of it's own.

Agree that we all choose the topics we read, BUT I think the OP is right. With the current turmoil there are lots of political posts - it deserves its own forum.

I'm not sure why posters keep starting these topics (we're GUESTS in this country, and our opinion counts for zero), but a new forum to accomodate those who wish to vent would be a good idea.

Yes, please. I'm booored of the so many threads abour red, Mr T, yellows, Mr A. etc.

And most of posts come from a few fanatic, always the same, pushing like they really believe what they write.

Put them in a new category/ghetto!

PS: I understand Thaivisa grow under this kind of events and the contacts go berserk, but I just like the daily real time update from George and Webfact.

we will try to consolidate the various threads into as few as possible

I also ask our members to not always start new topics but share your views in existing ones. particularly when they are so similar

cheers. :)

we will try to consolidate the various threads into as few as possible

I also ask our members to not always start new topics but share your views in existing ones. particularly when they are so similar

cheers. :)

I understand what you're saying, and there is a thin line, but often when we do just that we're accused of hijacking threads and told to start a fresh thread. It's sort of like we can't win here.

In general I'm not in favor of new categories...sometimes I think there are too many to begin with, but I do think having a separate category for politics/government might be an exception.

:D

There is a new (and perhaps temporary) policy of closing threads in the General subforum which get taken over by the same kind of political back-and-forth invective which has become common on News subforum threads. I think this will address many of the concerns of the posters in this thread.

Actually, I suggest 2 things;

1] a 'temporary' section be set up for the political stuff until things die down. When things have died down, delete the thread(s) and,

2] TV members continue to be 'educated' by the closing of redundant/inane threads.

Point number 2 affects more than just the current mob who wish to waffle on about political stuff. There is a plethora of people who simply like to start pointless threads 'because they can'. All these people do is clog up the system.