Thai Government Hangs By A Thread

webfact

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmm all live coverage seems to have gone and all tv stations back to soaps etc.

Nationchannel is only reporting foreign news now.

News blackout?

W

Seems to be that way... add fake TV to the List of Fakes.

Fake Government too!

By all means add fake govt, and fake posts while your at it :)

Cheers to whatever is your fake of choice. :D

Meanwhile in the 11th Army HQ our confident leader keeps an eye on Thaivisa

post-56770-1270893899_thumb.jpg

Although it does look like he might be looking at something more likely to relieve his stress -given the position of his left hand.

Meanwhile - photos of a reporter shot by someone & Reuters now reporting that soldiers fired live ammo at crowds

Edited by Changian

Thaksin is not the problem

You want to tell the redshirts to shut up, stop getting involved in politics and go back to their ricefields........ :D

Its not going to happen because this feudal system needs to change and will be changed.........the mood in Isaan is that it is now or never.

But think about how great this country can be if EVERYONE can reach their full potential and not just the chosen few.......... :D

Though I realise then the Bangkok people may not find it so easy to get their slave labour anymore :D

Wow, there are people out there with the IQ bigger than a peanut. Well written. :D

There's also a couple among us with IQ's smaller than peanuts. They tend to be rther agressive and approve terrorist attacks on the skytrain!

Every country is reliant on a large pool of slave labor or underpaid workers. You'll never have a country where everyone is rich. Would rich people do the back breaking labor involved in farming rice? No. But this country needs it to be done, so you need poor people who are willing to do it.

How condescending of you chadintheusa

Let them eat cake and all the all the rest of it you mean ? Disgraceful attitude :D

And what about the children- the sons and daughters of the " slave laborers " ? Are they expected to stay at the bottom of the ladder as well ? :)

If you have been in Thailand for some time you will know its not just about money. Its also about you social roots. No matter how intellectually bright the son or daughter of a rice farmer may be ( and there are some who are like shining stars ) they find it almost impossible in this “ system “ to reach the pinnacle.

That has to change for sake of this wonderful country.

Download anchor free or similar and watch rachaprasong live at uddthailand.com. For all these news updates that make it sound like the govt. is taking control, they red shirts are still on stage and there are still a good 70,000 people listening. Really want to see how they break up 70,000 people.

70,000 ???

There are more people there than have been at most of their rallies (except the first day?).

Anyone close to the scene that can verify these (inflated?) figures?

There are never 70,000 there during the hot sunny afternoon. But at night, numbers do get close to that. So while the army has managed to clear out most of the areas this afternoon, it will be an entirely different story tonight.

THE NATION: At 4:18 pm, Thai PBS reported troops were retreating from Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge to the area in front of Education Ministry.

THE NATION: Situation reportedly tensing up in Chiang Mai where reds surround provincial hall.

Bangkokpost: Red threatens to seize Khon Kaen city hall

Last infos....

It would not be surprising for the reds to attempt a regional seizure of power and declare a government in the north.

It would seemingly maintain their initiative after what is now going to be an inevitable failure in Bangkok.

As predicted.

Download anchor free or similar and watch rachaprasong live at uddthailand.com. For all these news updates that make it sound like the govt. is taking control, they red shirts are still on stage and there are still a good 70,000 people listening. Really want to see how they break up 70,000 people.

70,000 ???

There are more people there than have been at most of their rallies (except the first day?).

I think he mistakenly added a zero (twice!) and meant 7,000. It doesn't look as if there are 7000 there now though.

I am waiting for previous red supporters to post here to tell us they have changed their mind, and no longer support the reds

Are you waiting for Santa Claus to come in April, too?

Reading below yes i think he does believe in his version of Santa Claus in April .

A fact-finding panel at the Attorney-General's Office found that the Democrat Party bribed other parties to boycott the 2006 elections to force a constitutional crisis, and voted to dissolve the party. A junta tribunal acquitted Abhisit and the Democrats of the vote fraud charges, while banning Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai party for similar charges. Abhisit supported the junta's 2007 Constitution, calling it an improvement on the 1997 Constitution.[18]

Edit/Add : The Dems did probably the same in 2007 and their lapdog talking about bullshitt election in parliement . Only votes valid are the one by the entire country . Rest is plain garbage

Edited by moresomekl

M-16s out and shots now heard at Phan Fa - live video on Thai PBS.

Most of the footage is not live.

M16's can be used to fire rubber bullets

One TV reporter hold some projectile in the camera and pointed at a bullet hole on a minivan.

That was an hour ago.

But now there no reports anymore, daily TV business.

Here and there a patriotic music video i between.

wait...

and now a special broadcast is announced.

70,000 ???

There are never 70,000 there during the hot sunny afternoon. But at night, numbers do get close to that. So while the army has managed to clear out most of the areas this afternoon, it will be an entirely different story tonight.

you mean 17,000 at night, right? If they are cleared from the area in the day they won't be able to get back in.

News Conference (pooled) breaking in now.

THE NATION: At 4:18 pm, Thai PBS reported troops were retreating from Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge to the area in front of Education Ministry.

THE NATION: Situation reportedly tensing up in Chiang Mai where reds surround provincial hall.

Bangkokpost: Red threatens to seize Khon Kaen city hall

Last infos....

It would not be surprising for the reds to attempt a regional seizure of power and declare a government in the north.

It would seemingly maintain their initiative after what is now going to be an inevitable failure in Bangkok.

As predicted.

Wouldn't that make everybody happy? After all, the government only seems to care about Bangkok. What happens in the rest of Thailand doesn't concern them. So, I guess, let them have Bangkok.

:)

At 4:18 pm, Thai PBS reported that troops were retreating from the Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge to the area in front of the Kurusapa Hall of the Education Ministry.

The station explained that the wind blew the tear gas back to troops, causing them to be unable to maintain position at the Makkhawan Bridge.

Could someone PLEASE explain to the army that you don't shoot gas AGAINST the wind?

It is rather pathetic isn't it. But it may be intentional as they no doubt want to fail in their attempts so as not to escalate the situation. Admittedly, it is difficult to see motive clearly thru the plot fog of the street theatre as it develops. That's what makes the play so interesting.

Meanwhile in the 11th Army HQ our confident leader keeps an eye on Thaivisa

84861865-ad625fa8112b938d36d095c16325d670.4bc04a95-full.jpg

Although it does look like he might be looking at something more likely to relieve his stress -given the position of his left hand.

I can relate to that :)

Cheers

Can anyone tell me if this refers to the Chiang Mai City Hall or The Chiang Mai Provincial Headquarters, which is often mistakenly called "city hall"? edit: nevermind I see it says "province city hall" below.

Red-shirt Supporters in Chiang Mai Seize City Hall

Around 1,000 red-shirt protesters in Chiang Mai have managed to pass through the gate of the province city hall and seize the area in retaliation to the government's efforts to disperse the protesters in Bangkok.

-- Tan Network 2010-04-10

Edited by lannarebirth

Can anyone tell me if this refers to the Chiang Mai City Hall or The Chiang Mai Provincial Headquarters, which is often mistakenly called "city hall"? edit: nevermind I see it says "province city hall" below.

Around 1,000 red-shirt protesters in Chiang Mai have managed to pass through the gate of the province city hall and seize the area in retaliation to the government's efforts to disperse the protesters in Bangkok.

I won't be hopping on the motorcycle or company van to go find out!

Don't worry, the government won't care what happens in Chiang Mai or Khon Kaen. They have always only been concerned about Bangkok, not the rest of the country, so losing Chiang Mai and other cities won't matter to them.

hmmm when confronted by the things that the government has actually done (and made sustainable!) you resort to this ....

Every country is reliant on a large pool of slave labor or underpaid workers. You'll never have a country where everyone is rich. Would rich people do the back breaking labor involved in farming rice? No. But this country needs it to be done, so you need poor people who are willing to do it.

How condescending of you chadintheusa

Let them eat cake and all the all the rest of it you mean ? Disgraceful attitude :D

And what about the children- the sons and daughters of the " slave laborers " ? Are they expected to stay at the bottom of the ladder as well ? :)

If you have been in Thailand for some time you will know its not just about money. Its also about you social roots. No matter how intellectually bright the son or daughter of a rice farmer may be ( and there are some who are like shining stars ) they find it almost impossible in this " system " to reach the pinnacle.

That has to change for sake of this wonderful country.

I'm sorry but that is the way it is. I wish it wasn't but all countries rely on a large working class to support the upper class. Lots of smart hard working people never get ahead in this world. Good intentions are nice but they don't change the way the world works. I don't make the rules, I'm trapped in the same system as everyone else.

Don't worry, the government won't care what happens in Chiang Mai or Khon Kaen. They have always only been concerned about Bangkok, not the rest of the country, so losing Chiang Mai and other cities won't matter to them.

What do they hope to gain by attacking city halls in areas they dominate anyway? I don't get how they win anything that way. It sounds more like a loser's face saving tactic. The good news is that it now seems clear the insurgent/now terrorist red shirts have been defeated today in Bangkok. The country can breathe a sign of relief.

I thought I was seeing things - gun openly held on stage and someone filling up a bag with bullets? And was that a line of baseball bats? The quality of the Uddthailand broadcast is a little hazy. Oh wow...no a long table of guns. :) Can anyone tell me what they are saying as they are holding up the guns?

The reds are using weapons to attack the army now.

Foreign reporter injured, one troop needs surgery

A foreign reporter was hit by a bullet and injured in the crackdown operation near Phan Fa bridge, Channel 9 reported.

Channel 9 reproted that 33 injured people were sent to the Bangkok Medical Department while 12 injured troops were sent to Phra Mongkut Hospital.

A troop needed an urgent operation as he was pieced at his neck by a sharpened bamboo stick.

The station reported that about 20 injured people were sent to the BMA Central Hospital.

-- The Nation 2010-04-10

I won't be hopping on the motorcycle or company van to go find out!

in your peculiar case, you will need a special visa to go to Chiangmai and I think they will refuse it

Abhisit spit on the Thai people by appointing Kasit as FM. Everything was downhill and futile from that moment on. There are a thousand stupid mistakes made by Abhisit along the way, but this one big one sealed his fate and provided one more catalyst for the Red cause.

70,000 ???

you mean 17,000 at night, right? If they are cleared from the area in the day they won't be able to get back in.

Colonel Sansern, CAPO spokesman and Panitan, Government spokesman.

Panitan spoke first, explaining the action that had been taken and where. No Abhisit.

70,000 ???

Colonel Sansern, CAPO spokesman and Panitan, Government spokesman.

Panitan spoke first, explaining the action that had been taken and where. No Abhisit.