Thai Government Hangs By A Thread

webfact

In such a siuation othing is Black and white but more or less grey.

There are obvious excesses from each side. But the initial stupid thing has been to stop the Red TV which is anti democratic. Only a judgment from Court should have permitted to do that. the second thing unacceptable is to engage the Army, which role is not "anti-riot operations but defending against external threats. Army must represent the Unity of a Country as such cannot be engage politically.

In such a mob, there are always extremists, true that some Reds are certainly not clean in all that. But Army also, at the very begginning of operations, this afternoon, a journalist has received live bullet (Shot in Air???)

So we should refrain to accuse only one side for what has happened and we should work to bring everybody to the table of negociation, not to drift to a deadful adventure...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Reds" are parading bodies live on stage right now, pnustedt. Don't you think that's slightly indicative of their intentions?

Are you suggesting that the "Reds" were looking for their comrades to be killed? If so your logic is most bizaare.

You're new at this, aren't you?

Just curious - are you being paid well?

No, I'm not new to this. If you care to check my profile you will see that I am one of the longer running members of this forum. However, I do live with, and try to help, people in Thailand's poorest region and have great sympathy for their plight. No one is paying me to do anything except farming.

The reds have been demonstrating peacefully for a few weeks now (as were the Tianamen demonstrators) with no serious violence. The reds didn't posses "lethal force". The army did and used them. The army was instructed to attack Thai citizens acting peacefully. It is a disgrace and unacceptable in even a third world country.

Agree completely.

It's just sad. This government of criminals and it's puppet masters needs to go.

Yup, simple elections would have been the democratic peaceful solution. We all knew it.

Abhisit, Prem and their despot bullies are just monsters.

can we have more details on where these casualties took place? i understand we have limited reports with the Army in the street murdering journalists but can we get an idea what is going on in each area right now?

where is abhisit now? too embarrassed to put his face on tv?

Your comments are out of place "

can we have more details on where these casualties took place? i understand we have limited reports with the Army in the street murdering journalists but can we get an idea what is going on in each area right now?

I presume Abhisit is preparing his resignation and the army are garnering themselves for a coup.

Realistically is there any other way out of this?

yes, finish it now

every ones here, finish it, get it out of the way right now

deliver a humiliating defeat and move on

aren't we all sick of this same shit every year?

Reports of soldiers shooting soldiers for not firing on protesters on Yahoo. What a mess!

_YOU_, really enjoy it, don't you?

i guess there's some "grand narrative" that actually all this for the "good of thai people."

i'm sorry, personally, i'm just disgusted.

Abhisit did not cause this Thaksin did. Did you see the pic on UDD Facebook of the young girl with half her head missing. Shame on you for supporting this monster.

Rick

Both , Abhisit AND Thaksin are responsible

Yes, I would like to see the international media now take note that the red shirt movement is led by terrorists. For a while, the naive fools were buying the propaganda that this was a non-violent, pro-democracy, movement. It is time for the world leaders to take sides now, for the reasoned civilized government (which WAS elected legally and has scheduled future elections, just not on the forced timetable of the terrorists), and against red shirt terrorists fueled by radical Maoists.

And let the media also remind the world that ALL it would take for this to stop

is for there to be an election to get rid of this army installed government......not such a hard thing to do

if people really want peace :)

And let the media also remind the world that ALL it would have taken for this to never have happened would for the redshirts to have negotiated in good faith at the beginning instead of giving ultimatums, throwing blood, making public death threats and illegally closing down the central business district.

There would have been no red shirt had the Abhisit governement been elected by the people rather then by prompted by dirty tricks in parliament or by a military coup before , our friend is right .

There would have been no coup except for Thaksin - and the buck stops there.

Abhisit did not cause this Thaksin did. Did you see the pic on UDD Facebook of the young girl with half her head missing. Shame on you for supporting this monster.

Rick

Agreed Rick, it's sensationalism not dis-similar to an Alqueda beheading.

There still seem to be some red supporters here - the soldiers are using rubber bullets - the red shirts use life ammo, petrol bombs and grenades = a bit of an uneven fight I would say - its high time those terrorist criminals are washed off the streets of Bangkok, back to where they came from

Edited by BKjohn

I presume Abhisit is preparing his resignation and the army are garnering themselves for a coup.

yes, finish it now

Yes, we are completely sick of this!!

We want order and the rule of law restored in Bangkok.

I hope its finished tonight, for good.

I want to get back to my normal life, enough of these disruptions.

Edited by wallhigh

Television news reporting two army soldiers killed (shot) :)

May they Rest in Peace, having done their duty faithfully, to protect their country, against domenstic enemies.

Indeed. Brave soldiers who have sacrificed their lives in the fight against total lawlessness and domestic terrorism. Hoping the casualties are kept to as few as humanly possible on both sides. It is time for the disgraced red shirts to surrender and go home.

Clearly negotiations going on right now judging by the complete lack of news.

http://tweetphoto.com/17900856 - soldiers captured by the red shirts.

Is that photo for real have they got soldiers as hostages?

there are some photos of the dead red protestors on the UDD facebook page,

Im not going to post the link. Truely Gruesome :)

Nobody (besides JingThing) really wants to see the Thai military (with its history) back of the street killing people.

How dare you say that? I have NEVER said such a thing EVER and I never would. You have crossed a line there, mate, just like the red insurgent terrorists. I ask that you apologize for telling a lie like that. I doubt you will, but a false statement like that at least needed to be called out for what it is.

You have continuously been making hateful statements. Then you can't suddenly act all outraged when you get called on it.

Agreed !

Hey Jingthing do you still think your mate the PM is going to come out of this looking good...........I dont think the

Japanese would agree with you tonight :)

and you are so happy about the death of an innocent Japanese reporter to be able strike a blow at jing and to feed your sick ego

its you who should be ashamed not jing

anyway who knows which sides bullet killed him, what if it was a red bullet?

RIP Hirouki Muramoto.

i am not talking about the uneducated 95 % farmers who don't even know what is going on there really

sure they are just some just pawns happy to make some money

they are there just to follow the small money sure and are the ones there receiving the 2000B per day for expenses

no not them....

they are low paid peace loving folks I am sure who don't know better and think is is all a fun joke

i am talking about the other 5% who are the paid mercenaries who are working for big pay checks and bonuses who are making the violent deeds there right now

you guys act like your never see reality

if u cant read between the lines what this story is about

you really need to go back to first grade and learn the basics of thinking

my feeling is...any farang who supports this vicious criminal should be removed immediately from this forum and country if possible I think

I agree. Thaksin now has created his own end. By taking this last stand which he will lose, he has alienated any support outside Thailand. He is a hot potato who's world has yet again become smaller. No one will want this guy in their country. Welcome to the Idi Amin class Mr T.

Cheers, Rick

It is time for the major world leaders to speak out in support of PM Abhisit and against terrorism, anarchy in Thailand, as well as the villainous puppet master, Thaksin.

And let the media also remind the world that ALL it would have taken for this to never have happened would for the redshirts to have negotiated in good faith at the beginning instead of giving ultimatums, throwing blood, making public death threats and illegally closing down the central business district.

There would have been no red shirt had the Abhisit governement been elected by the people rather then by prompted by dirty tricks in parliament or by a military coup before , our friend is right .

There would have been no coup except for Thaksin - and the buck stops there.

This may be enough to have him extradited even from Monte Negro. He can serve his original sentence for corruption and graft and then begin one for treason.

Yeah I've seen them also posted them to my facebook wall, regretting it a bit now don't think all my facebook buddies will be so keen on them.

Lot of unconfirmed rumors flying in Thai websites (according to my missus) about Thakin having cancer, and being in a Dubai hospital. Perhaps this might be a reason for the last stand mentality.
If that is true, it is even more disgusting. Kind of like someone with a terminal disease who gets on a tower with a machine gun, because he has nothing to lose.

yes, finish it now

I agree, for the sake of the country this needs to be finished now. If not, it will happen again year after year, the death will will be greater in the future if they back off now.

Soldiers get paid to do their job, reds are there by their own undertaking. The dead young girls red family are to blame for her death, they should be shot themselves for bring a young child into the arena.

Finish it once and for all, or this country is finished.

Thaksin, shame on you - you should be tried, hung drawn and quartered for the death and destruction you have bought to your own country. You are pure evil.

:)

< expletive that begins with F> A.

The reds have been demonstrating peacefully for a few weeks now (as were the Tianamen demonstrators) with no serious violence. The reds didn't posses "lethal force". The army did and used them. The army was instructed to attack Thai citizens acting peacefully. It is a disgrace and unacceptable in even a third world country.

Agree completely.

It's just sad. This government of criminals and it's puppet masters needs to go.

Yup, simple elections would have been the democratic peaceful solution. We all knew it.

Abhisit, Prem and their despot bullies are just monsters.

the reds were offered it on live TV

they declined and just kept repeating 15 days 15 days 15 days

their intransigent time scale demanded by their puppet (pay) master Thaksin caused this ..no one else

They have probably been shot by their own either by accident or .......considering the army is using rubber bullits - but make great propaganda - sicf all this crap - hope the army do their job andget rid of this human rubbish

Reports of soldiers shooting soldiers for not firing on protesters on Yahoo. What a mess!

Can find the link to that ?

Mutiny ?

More misinformation. We'll be waiting until thaksin comes back for that link

As with all the information we are hearing it may prove to be false or may never be proved at all, the military has ways of keeping these things secret. Don't let your preconceptions run wild!