Moto Gp

This weekend GP at Laguna Seca marks the MotoGP season midway. Unfortunately, the race time schedule for us in SEA is not very convenient but who cares, this race cannot be missed!!!

1. Pedrosa, 2.Stoner, 3.Rossi. Pole: Stoner

Pedrosa has never won more than two races in a MotoGP championship season. This year he has already won in Mugello and Sachsenring. I expect him to break that negative record by winning this weekend race as he did last year.

Cheers

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one.

The timing is a bit "world cup" but as you say, cannot be missed. So that means something like 3 a.m. Monday morning.

45 degrees in the rain eh, I don't get there in the dry!

I,ll eat my hat if Colon Edwards gets on the podium, Bens Pies has a good chance but with the two front runners on fire at the moment , plus Rossi back in the picture its hard to see him up there.

Should be good!!

4am here I think. Hard to go past Lorenzo on pole again. Stoner will fight hard and Rossi and Pedrosa are likely to better racers than qualifiers here. Also you have to take into account the Americans jousting with one another, there could be first lap mayhem, although I hope not. One things for certain you have to take a deep breath every time you see them come through the corkscrew. As I might be able to get to Phillip Island and Sepang, I hope the championship can stay at least statistically alive a bit longer, hence I will not be barracking for Lorenzo.

Good race, a bit flat in the middle, but I never expected Rossi to back on the podium so soon.

Well done Vale.

Master control by Jorge again, its difficult not to beleive that he will be champ this year.

I like the way that the organisers started playing the Italian national anthem while the riders were standing on the podium, Rossi thought it was great while Lorenzo just shook his head in disgust.......what were they thinking?

Would never happen in Europe.

Right I,m off to work now after watching that....not MotoGP style though,,,its howling down outside.

Edited by soihok

The championship is already on Lorenzo's hand. Easy race for him this morning and what a year he is having!!!

Good race for Valentino too, I did not expect him to close the gap with Dovizioso and overtake him so easily but we are talking about one of the best ( if not the best ) riders ever.

How the hel_l does Pedrosa to start every race so perfectly? Is it only related to his low weight??? Shouldn't other riders ( especially V.Rossi ) try to learn something from him?

Regarding the national anthem, it did already happen in Europe before. Although not in MotoGP, in 2009 Contador won the Tour de France and the organizers played the whole danish national anthem from him and not the Spanish one.

Cheers

Lorenzo could really cruise from here if he wanted to. I must hand it to the guy he is just making it look so easy. But I still dont warm to him, Perhaps some vague memory of his behaviour earlier in his career or perhaps I am just older and crankier. I want someone to challenge him and if Stoner and Pedrosa cant do it then Rossi is the man.

I always wanted Sete Gibernau to get a victory after Valentino said he would never win another race but he never did proving what a bad tipster I am

Not many news during the MotoGP summer break.

I've found this interesting information for the MotoGP salaries for the next season.....it seems that the economic crisis have been forgotten!!!

1. Valentino Rossi : From 12 to 15 millions Euros

2. Jorge Lorenzo: from 4 to 7

3. Casey Stoner: from 5 to 7

4. Dani Pedrosa: from 3 to 4

5. Andrea Dovizioso: from 1,5 to 2

6. Marco Simoncelli: from 1,5 to 2

7. Loris Capirossi: 1,5 - No increase

8. Ben Spies: from 1 to 2

9. Álvaro Bautista: 1 - No increase

10. Randy De Puniet: from 500,000 to 1,2 milllones (this offer is from Suzuki)

11. Marco Melandri: 500,000 - No increase and quite a big difference with Simoncelli

12. Mika Kallio: 350,000 - No increase

13. Colin Edwards: 250,000 - No increase

14. Aleix Espargaro: 250,000 - No increase

Cheers

I,m surprised that Colon Edwards has been offerred 250 grand.

In fact I,ll be surprised if he is still with the team next year going on his performance this year, saying that if the shake up goes the way we expect he will be the only rider with tech3.

Where did you get that info from Miiyai?

I enjoyed the WSBK races from Silverstone, pure classic racing and twice the podium was full of Brit riders, (with me being a Brit I have to proud of that).

Crutchlow was really giving it his all and the dice between him and Jon Rea in both races was a joy to watch.

I,ve just read about 16 year old Elena Myers, who will be having a lap or two on a Rizla Suzuki after the race at the last round of this years MotoGP championship.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/162154/1/16-year-old_elena_myers_to_ride_suzuki_motogp_bike.html

Check her out...how that would increase popularity !!!!

I wonder if she has a brolly bloke??....cos I could be free.

I've taken all the information from a Spanish newspaper, www.marca.com

British domination at Silverstone with Biaggi doing enough to save his WSBK championship gap. Crutchlow was unstoppable on Sunday's races.

It will be a boom of popularity for her as well as for MotoGP. Well done for her and she looks gorgeous!!!

Biaggi should be pretty safe with 60 points and 6 races left, however stranger things have happened. I think Haslam has slowed his charge too, the other Brits coming on strong, but too late. The MotoGP salaries surprised me, was that Rossi salary from Ducati? Although I have to agree with the comments about poor ole Colin, his time is well and truly up, Loris as well. Emily looks all Mom'n'apple pie too me, it looks like a bit of affirmative action might be happening, but if she won an AMA supersport race then Suzuki could do better and offer her Capirossi's 1500k as a long term prospect

Yeah agree with that....she obviously ain't slow. It would be good to see her in Loris's boots...so to speak.

So Ducati play a panto at the moment over Rossi's ride, " Oh Yes He Is - Oh No He Isn't!", with the confirmation of him moving made by the CEO( although sounds as if the press have made it sound like that ) and then Ducati saying no confirmation ,yet.

I think we all know the truth now anyway.

She could perfectly take Capirossi's bike next year as he is moving to Ducati Pramac. I'm really curious to see her lap time at Valencia at the end of this season.

Regarding Rossi's move to Ducati, today all newspapers in Italy are saying that the contract have already been signed but the official announcement will only be done on August 16th after Brno. I hope it is true!!!

At the moment FIAT is sponsoring V.Rossi and indirectly sponsoring the whole Yamaha racing team.

FIAT has always said that they would like to follow Rossi as main sponsor wherever he goes. However, I do not see them muscling with Marlboro for the Ducati team main sponsor.

Due to FIAT's likely departure, Yamaha Racing team are discussing a possible sponsorship agreement with Telefonica-Movistar ( Spanish telecomunication company - Gibernau's bike sponsor few years ago ). Besides the Spanish sponsor, I'm sure that Ben Spies ( he should take Rossi's bike for next season ) will also bring an American sponsor such as Monster to the team.

Even before this season Lorenzo could have clicked his fingers and got Spanish backing, and agree re Spies, so it will be no surprise to me if Fiat does not back Yamaha. It kind of beats me what Marlbore get out of the Ducatii thing with their livery generally not allowed almost anywhere, is the color scheme that well known by the people they are pushing to ie young motorcycle fans who dont smoke yet. I seem to remember at one stage Fiat more or less owned Ducati through some Italian coglomerate but they were sending it broke so one of those private investment firms took them over, perhaps Fiat have designs on it again.

Who cares anyway, as long as they stay in it, and we have better racing. My other comment is I really cant understand how a race team thinks that signing a Loris Capirossi who hasn't won for years, or a Colin Edwards who has never won, can lead to their fundamental goal, which I thought was winning. More movement up the ranks I say.

Even before this season Lorenzo could have clicked his fingers and got Spanish backing, and agree re Spies, so it will be no surprise to me if Fiat does not back Yamaha. It kind of beats me what Marlbore get out of the Ducatii thing with their livery generally not allowed almost anywhere, is the color scheme that well known by the people they are pushing to ie young motorcycle fans who dont smoke yet. I seem to remember at one stage Fiat more or less owned Ducati through some Italian coglomerate but they were sending it broke so one of those private investment firms took them over, perhaps Fiat have designs on it again.

Who cares anyway, as long as they stay in it, and we have better racing. My other comment is I really cant understand how a race team thinks that signing a Loris Capirossi who hasn't won for years, or a Colin Edwards who has never won, can lead to their fundamental goal, which I thought was winning. More movement up the ranks I say.

Yamaha racing team knows that Colin Edwards have the ability to feel the bike as few riders can. He can notice the slightest differences in a bike performance and he is very useful to develop a good bike package.

There are rumors that he may leave MotoGP at the end of this season and move to Ducati WSB. I think that he would like to follows Biaggi's steps and end his career winning races.... maybe a championship too.

Re Loris Capirossi..........I agree with you and I've no idea how he managed to get a bike for next season.

There could be places up for grabs in Tech 3's team.

Cal Crutchlow?

It would be good to see a Brit in there and as he is already a world champion ( 2009 WSS ), and with the factory Yamaha team in WSBK he could be moving up.

See how we are, its only half way through the year and we are talking about next years line ups,,,looks as if Lorenzo is on for the crown but there are a lot of kilometres to cover still, riding on the knife's edge.

How would it be if Rossi won it?

Well firstly it would be great if Rossi or anyone else won it, because that would mean we have 8 or so fanatstic races to go and Lorenzo wouldn't win, but the bookies are usually right.

Secondly, yeah I think a Brit or 2 would go up, and as they offered Crutchlow the Rossi ride while he was injured, I think thats a pretty good sign, mind you he was probably wise not to take it as it turned out to be only 3or 4 races, he could have had his confidence dented too.

Lastly Yamaha obvioulsy did think that Edwards could help when Rossi first went over, but I thought maybe they dont need him now, he is generally a second or more off the pace and surely the cutting edge in developing this bike now is in that last half second. So whilst his data would go into the equation, I dont see the value, they could always use him as a factory test rider and ride the top bike, I'm sure his competitiveness would'nt like that and you are probably right that he will end up with SBK, probably waiting for Ducati to make the offer, heaven knows they are not doing very well in SBK this year or last. Dont get me wrong I like the guy, he is a great ambassador for his sport, he allowed my half pissed mate to shake his hand and congratulate him on his ride (he must have been about his ususal 8th or something) in the restricted area at Sepang and still managed a smile, proving to me that he was human.

After a long summer break, this weekend we will finally be able to enjoy MotoGP again. The weather forecast is not very good and rain is expected for the whole weekend at Brno ( I hope the forecast is wrong... )

Randy de Puniet will be back ( amazing recovery for him ) and De Angelis will still take Aoyama's bike as he has not recovered yet.

Rossi should be fully fit for this race and I expect to see an amazing race with the "Fantastic 4" fighting for the top 3 places.

MotoGP: 1. Rossi, 2. Lorenzo, 3.Stoner - Pole: Lorenzo

Moto2: 1. Iannone, 2. Talmacsi, 3. Tomizawa - Pole: Iannone

125: 1. Marquez, 2. Terol, 3. Smith - Pole: Marquez

This weekend ( latest on Monday ) Ducati and Rossi should confirm their agreement for 2011!!!

Cheers

Reports tell us that Rossi will announce his intentions after the race on Sunday.

Wouldn't it be a surprise if he says he is riding for Suzuki next year?

I would be surprised if he says he is staying with Yamaha, but we all really know where he is heading for.

Should be a good race and I also hope it doesn't rain.

This is a statement from Marc Marquez who dislocated a shoulder during a crash in practice, this is the second time he has disloctaed a shoulder this year after putting the other one out at Jerez.

"The shoulder came out forwards instead of upwards and it doesn't hurt so much. As soon as they got me to the circuit hospital, Doctor Costa put it back in place and I would like to thank him for his work because it wasn't necessary to sedate me, unlike in Jerez"

He will try to race on Sunday.

He is only 17. As hard as nails comes to mind.

It is finally confirmed, Rossi and Ducati have signed an agreement for 2 years with a 13 M Euros per year for the rider.

Here is Rossi's goodbye letter........http://twitgp.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-love-you-rossis-goodbye-note.html

Being Italian, this is the news that I've been waiting for a long long time. The best Italian rider ever ( after G.Agostini ) with a Ducati!!! I'm pretty sure that it will be very tough to win the championship next year but c'mon we are talking about Rossi and nothing is impossible for him on a bike. However, it is not yet clear whether his crew is moving with him to Ducati or not.

Re Brno round.........

125cc - Shall we call it Spanish 125cc Championship?? Good race by Terol opening a huge gap. It was funny to see E.Vazquez crashing after having an on board discussion with Rabat......he totally lost his concentration.

Moto2 - Elias keeps opening the gap at the championship. It seems that Iannone will be his only contender.

MotoGP - The championship is yours Lorenzo!!! Poor race by Rossi with his head on the Ducati announcement more than on the race. Great race by Spies, he keeps improving race by race and I see him fighting for the championship next year with Rossi's bike.

Cheers

I am a bit concerned about the Premier class in MotoGPs future, mainly about the depleted grid, i mentioned in a post about perhaps the top 5 or so riders in GP2 could make up the grid in GP, but looking at lap times, the fastest 2 rider was 4.5 secs slower than the slowest GP rider so thats a no go!

I did find this post by an american journalist which is interesting,

One has to ask why spend tens of millions of dollars on prototype bikes for virtually nothing? Jorge Lorenzo’s fastest lap at Silverstone - identical circuit, identical weather, same time of year - was 172.3 kph. Crutchlow managed 171.22 kph. That’s 1.08 kph difference - or a $5 million WSBK budget compared with $25 million for MotoGP. And in case you are not comfortable with kilometers per hour 1.08kph is around 0.6 mph - the speed of an infant tottering across the room to meet its Mom. That’s the real-world difference between MotoGP and WSBK!

Rossi going to Ducati to "see if he can do it" will be interesting, but when will GP be as interesting and as exciting as Moto2 or WSB?

Good points to make.

The Moto2 race was a world more exciting than the Moto GP race , the grid is more than 100% greater so its understandable.

Certainly Rossi had other things on his mind this weekend and I'm sure we're all happy that we know what's happening there now. Yamaha have said that any new parts this year will be going to Spies.

I'ld like to know how Eleana Myers got on , on the Suzuki, if there were any left in any fit state to ride that is.

I've to agree with you guys that the MotoGP class is lacking of competition and drivers. How nice is to see a Moto2 race with a large number of riders trying to overtake each other in the first laps.

However I do not agree when you compare a MotoGP with a WSBK. The MotoGP is way expensive and also much better than a SBK, the racing lap time at Brno in very similar conditions is nearly two seconds faster for the MotoGp and that's a lot!!!

Lorenzo's fast lap was 1:57:524

Crutchlow fast lap was 1:59:291

Re Valentino and Ducati, Italian newspapers confirm that Davide Brivio, Burgess and his crew will move with Rossi

to Ducati. Also FIAT sponsor will follow the Italian rider to Ducati as well.

Cheers

So the whole crew is following again, fair play and the main sponser also.

It'll be an entirely Italian affair next year, wonder if Nicky will feel out of place?

It would be better to place Simoncelli in there and its then 100%.