Thai Election Commission Calls For Dissolution Of Democrat Party

webfact

http://www.prachatai.org/english/node/1734...content=Twitter

Pravit Rojanaphruk

"As I type these words, rumour spread widely about a possible ultra-royalist coup. A reliable red-shirt source told this writer this afternoon that they're preparing to face a coup as well adding that a significant number of soldiers are on the red-shirt side and is prepared for a showdown.

If Abhisit (or anyone who might be pulling the strings from behind) think of launching an "ultra-royalist" crackdown or coup by blaming red shirts for seeking to establish a "new Thai state" as the

yellow-shirt People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) and a number of conservative ultra-royalist media have long been accusing then much blood will be spilled, so much that it may make Saturday night's crackdown/confrontation which led to 21 deaths and 858 wounded look

like a miniature dress rehearsal."

Its funny this would be classified as "news" now, as Thaksin's been laying this out in plain sight for months .

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.prachatai.org/english/node/1734...content=Twitter

Pravit Rojanaphruk

"As I type these words, rumour spread widely about a possible ultra-royalist coup. A reliable red-shirt source told this writer this afternoon that they're preparing to face a coup as well adding that a significant number of soldiers are on the red-shirt side and is prepared for a showdown.

If Abhisit (or anyone who might be pulling the strings from behind) think of launching an "ultra-royalist" crackdown or coup by blaming red shirts for seeking to establish a "new Thai state" as the

yellow-shirt People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) and a number of conservative ultra-royalist media have long been accusing then much blood will be spilled, so much that it may make Saturday night's crackdown/confrontation which led to 21 deaths and 858 wounded look

like a miniature dress rehearsal."

now that is a very scary scenario

A comment on UDD Thailand on Facebook is saying that ASTV have announced that the PAD will be rallying on the streets on 18th April (Sunday).

If that turns out to be true, then it could just be the start of something even messier.

It's like a game of chess ...

The only reference I have been able to find regarding PAD and 18 April is on the manager website, which is connected with the PAD and ASTV.

It actually says อย่างไรก็ตาม พันธมิตรประชาชนเพื่อประชาธิปไตย จะนัดประชุมระดับแกนนำทั่วประเทศ เพื่อประเมินสถานการณ์ในวันที่ 18 เมษายนนี้

which means that there is a 'meeting of PAD leaders' planned for 18 April. It does not explicity mention anything about a PAD rally on that date. So that rumour appears to be just that at the moment.

The timing of this announcement seems a bit strange. Coincidence?

Only true believer, blinds and clueless didn't saw it coming. The EC decision was on schedule to be announced this month. Abhisit knew it was coming, that make the action of last weekend even more disgusting.

Not the time to cry fool, but to feel ashamed.

The PAD have got nothing to protest about (at least regarding this case). They should stay at home.

And the reds haven't won anything. It's the courts that make these decisions.

The reds may still not get the elections they are after. The ex-Dems and smaller parties may still form government.

If the court decided long time ago...there was nothing happened last saturday and last month in the streets... and if PAD is really banned...so the red probably should has the power in 2008 again, same as majority elector's choice... but this is thai politics and thai rules... corruption, elitist politicaly implicated, army vs police vs government, censorship, liers, partial justice, violence etc... everything for make every hollywood movies in 1... and with colors...

A comment on UDD Thailand on Facebook is saying that ASTV have announced that the PAD will be rallying on the streets on 18th April (Sunday).

If that turns out to be true, then it could just be the start of something even messier.

The only reference I have been able to find regarding PAD and 18 April is on the manager website, which is connected with the PAD and ASTV.

It actually says อย่างไรก็ตาม พันธมิตรประชาชนเพื่อประชาธิปไตย จะนัดประชุมระดับแกนนำทั่วประเทศ เพื่อประเมินสถานการณ์ในวันที่ 18 เมษายนนี้

which means that there is a 'meeting of PAD leaders' planned for 18 April. It does not explicity mention anything about a PAD rally on that date. So that rumour appears to be just that at the moment.

It's not the time for the PAD to come out. They will sable rattle but they won't come out until there is actually a concrete change and that is far off.

NO...surely not this can not be true....only Thaksin does things like this. Just ask all the farang redshirt experts...

Quite............

The irony would be amusing were it not so tragic.

The country is f with a capital F.

phil

As I understand it this donation to the Democrat party took place before Abhisit was at the helm. The ship is sinking and it is taking an outstanding captain with it....

Abhisit deserves a better end to his career.

Is it possible that Abhisit won't be banned then?

No, Mr. clueless, there is no way out. He was the deputy leader.

I fell still a litttle bit sad for Abhisit, he was promising.

On the other hand it was crystal clear what the EC will recommend the dissolution.(Crystal clear at least for that super smart objective me, i spotted no-one else at this English farang board who saw the signs)

This makes the loss of the last weekend even more terrible. Abhisit turned to be one of the worst PMs Thailand ever had.

The govt supporter at this board who still supported Abhisit left the field of democracy and started to spread ugly lies resorted to disgusting propaganda spins.

They deserve all the mockery that will come over them.

I am profoundly impressed by your geniality.

But you must be a real jack of all trades, as you at the same time will have portraid yourself as immensely stupid for not seeing the signs, should the final verdict go the other way.

Keep painting buddy.. you'll reach the corner in notime. :)

So this EC hands out a " verdict/conclusion " about which they are not sure because they are still investigating, and still have to summon people to be heard , if I read and understood it all correctly, and were also pressured by one of the sides in the current conflict to do so.

Something tells me that this is not the way to handle this, true or not.

True or not ? but they want to play a little bit key role at this time ? not only yellow-red-police-army-government game...

but the pressure was the same when they ban TRT/PPP peoples.... 1 side pressure... I don't think they have pressure from the reds as they normally vote elitist and yellow if they are not partial...

Welcome to Democracy

It's not the time for the PAD to come out. They will sable rattle but they won't come out until there is actually a concrete change and that is far off.

Warnig

I have deleted several posts.

If the tone of this topic does not change from aggressive to civilized

I will issue warnings or even ban members who cant follow the rules.

If you have nothing to say you should better refrain from posting.

thank you

The PAD have got nothing to protest about (at least regarding this case). They should stay at home.

And the reds haven't won anything. It's the courts that make these decisions.

The reds may still not get the elections they are after. The ex-Dems and smaller parties may still form government.

If no general election forever , dems may be in power forever , you are right .

Else will be hard LOL

As I understand it this donation to the Democrat party took place before Abhisit was at the helm. The ship is sinking and it is taking an outstanding captain with it....

Is it possible that Abhisit won't be banned then?

No, Mr. clueless, there is no way out. He was the deputy leader.

I fell still a litttle bit sad for Abhisit, he was promising.

On the other hand it was crystal clear what the EC will recommend the dissolution.(Crystal clear at least for that super smart objective me, i spotted no-one else at this English farang board who saw the signs)

This makes the loss of the last weekend even more terrible. Abhisit turned to be one of the worst PMs Thailand ever had.

The govt supporter at this board who still supported Abhisit left the field of democracy and started to spread ugly lies resorted to disgusting propaganda spins.

They deserve all the mockery that will come over them.

How rude!

Truely we don't deserve someone of your talent and forsight and in particular 'Ego' to be on this site. We are not worthy!

The timing is interesting to say the least. I don't pretend to know what is going on with the EC. My position has consistently been anti-red/anti-Thaksin rather than portraying the democrats or Abhisit as perfect saints. If they indeed violated the laws of Thailand, justice should be served. No complaints from the reds about double standards on this, now are there? What about the arrest warrants for the red leaders? Shouldn't they turn themselves in? The reds are OK with the law when it serves them, but when it doesn't, they feel immune to it. Now that is a double standard, eh?

A side note, whatever political system Thailand has somehow doesn't seem to working.

Edited by Jingthing

All this Red and Yellow stuff is just a game for the Uber Rich. I bet they all meet up at night for a G and T and a good laugh. Ok whose turn is it to be in power next? Spread the money around, spread the power around, spread the privilege around, meanwhile the normal folks of Thailand............ It will go on for years. Best we all get over it and just carry on as normal. Nothing has changed in my town, not one iota, nothing, nada, zilch.

The timing is interesting to say the least. I don't pretend to know what is going on with the EC. My position has consistently been anti-red/anti-Thaksin rather than portraying the democrats or Abhisit as perfect saints. If they indeed violated the laws of Thailand, justice should be served. No complaints from the reds about double standards on this, now are there? What about the arrest warrants for the red leaders? Shouldn't they turn themselves in? The reds are OK with the law when it serves them, but when it doesn't, they feel immune to it. Now that is a double standard, eh?

A side note, whatever political system Thailand has somehow doesn't seem to working.

Who are you to complain about double standard? Jumping ship, are we?

So it is OK for pro reds to complain about double standards, but anti-reds can't? Is that what you are saying? You can't jump a ship you were never on. My focus has been anti-red; I remain anti-red. If the reds CHEER WILDLY when the Thai law is applied to the democrats party, why don't they respect the law in relation to their leaders, pretty much all of them have warrants for arrest they are evading, not to mention Thaksin who has fled the country evading his already decided sentence?

Edited by Jingthing

Not quite "at the helm", but he was Deputy Party Leader at the time and he was the one who officially signed off on the Party's accounts.

An other option will be a new leader for the country.

The new man with a future is the great Korn Chatikavanij. Almost every Thai will look up to this outstanding leader (6'4 ft). He is not involved in the scandal.

Maybe, maybe not (at least as far as sharing responsibility goes). He was elected in February 2005 in Bangkok and at the time of the ("supposed") donations he was the Democrats' Deputy Secretary General and Secretary for Economic Affairs, and Shadow Finance Secretary. Not exactly an "also ran".

:):D:D Which is what i said all the time . Now you realise , well better late then never .

So it is OK for pro reds to complain about double standards, but anti-reds can't? Is that what you are saying? You can't jump a ship you were never on. My focus has been anti-red; I remain anti-red. If the reds CHEER WILDLY when the Thai law is applied to the democrats party, why don't they respect the law in relation to their leaders, pretty much all of them have warrants for arrest they are evading, not to mention Thaksin who has fled the country evading his already decided sentence?

And you're anti-red why exactly? There must be a reason. Or does it depend on mood swings?

NO...surely not this can not be true....only Thaksin does things like this. Just ask all the farang redshirt experts...

Yes, surely this cant be true!!

Thaksin was the only corupt politician in Thailand wasn't he? :)

Seems like Abhisit just joined the club.

Only an advisory decision, still a long way to go. But, it makes me think about whether the Thai high courts are influenced by political uprisings. During the yellow shirt occupation of the airport, the Constitution Court ruled that Samak violated an ethics law by hosting a cooking show, for which he received a salary. He subsequently resigned and it brought an end to the PAD protest. Are the high courts in Thailand activist, such that they will render rulings in an attempt to end civil unrest?