Isn't Water Playing Shoild Be Finished After Sunset?

Gik

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunchtime in Jomtien they were going crazy. Almost as bad as the 19th, but it quietened down in the afternoon. They are killing each other in Bangkok, and chucking ditchwater over each other (and us!) in Pattaya - I guess it's easy to say which is best. But IMHO, after 21 of their own people had been killed 2 days before, how can they enjoy this? Insensitive retards.

On the topic of being brainless, did anyone else see the Red Shirt TV pictures of the people who died in Bangkok? Ouch. My teelac made me watch. Yuk.

8pm they still do <deleted>?

Obviously you have a problem. Get into the spirit. :)

No I don't agree. The idea was that after playing water all day you could clean up, dry off and go out for a meal or whatever. Nothing to do with having a problem or not nor anything to do with getting into the spirit.

It is a great fun day but like all good things it has to end sometime and sundown was always taken to be that time.

You have obviously never had a bucket of ice cold water thrown in your face when riding a motorbike. Extremely dangerous.

Nor have you had a camera of mobile phone ruined because some idiot didn't respect you saying that you didn't want a drenching.

At least the Thais tend to acknowledge people who don't want soaking. They will just dab water, in the traditional way, on the face. The falangs "playing" Songkran are the worst. How would they like getting soaked on their way to work.

Some friends of mine came down for the week from Udon Thani because their little girl wanted to see Songkran in Pattaya. On the first night, before it should have started, she was so terrified that they went home next morning.

If I want to get into the spirit, I buy a bottle of Jack Daniels. Then do what other sensible expats do, stay at home.

Obviously you have a problem. Get into the spirit. :D

You have obviously never had a bucket of ice cold water thrown in your face when riding a motorbike. Extremely dangerous.

Nor have you had a camera of mobile phone ruined because some idiot didn't respect you saying that you didn't want a drenching.

Exactly. And sadly it seems to be the dumb*ss falangs that are the worst offenders. :)

The falangs "playing" Songkran are the worst. How would they like getting soaked on their way to work.

it's the non-Thais that rarely accept "please don't throw water on me". it's really hard knock to bottle a drunk asshol_e after he soaks you after asking for leniancy. it only happened to me once where i was boiling over, but only in my head. and it was right after that when i decided to take a deep breath and enjoy it for what it is.

but yeah, farang seem to have turned a great experience into a competition. and with that said, i bought my new songkran shirt today and i'm excited to go out on Thursday and Sunday! songkran, woohoo!

Exactly. And sadly it seems to be the dumb*ss falangs that are the worst offenders. :)

And I'm NOT dumb enough to be riding a motor bike during songkran. :D And I put all valuables in water tight poaches. :D So lighten up or maybe you need to go holiday somewhere else this time of year. :D

At least the Thais tend to acknowledge people who don't want soaking. They will just dab water, in the traditional way, on the face. The falangs "playing" Songkran are the worst. How would they like getting soaked on their way to work.

Some friends of mine came down for the week from Udon Thani because their little girl wanted to see Songkran in Pattaya. On the first night, before it should have started, she was so terrified that they went home next morning.

If I want to get into the spirit, I buy a bottle of Jack Daniels. Then do what other sensible expats do, stay at home.

why ride a motorbike?

why ride a motorbike?

It gets you from A to B quite quickly - except when some <deleted> is firing ice cold water into your face.

(Why ride a m/c at Songkran may be a slightly more valid question but accept that some people HAVE to).

Baht buses are also, shall we say, vulnerable targets. I got hit bad in one last year after 10 PM and it was a white paste bath as well. What a fashion statement for the evening. Its ridiculous that people are still doing this that late at night. It ought to be legal to retaliate with "non-violent" Gandhi style weapons (spears, clubs, Molotov cocktails, grenades, etc.) such as the red shirt use.

Edited by Jingthing

No I don't agree. The idea was that after playing water all day you could clean up, dry off and go out for a meal or whatever. Nothing to do with having a problem or not nor anything to do with getting into the spirit.

It is a great fun day but like all good things it has to end sometime and sundown was always taken to be that time.

Many forget (including the girls themselves) that the girls have to 'work'.

It seems that they largely sacrifice Songkran as 'working days' in favour of getting p!ssed and partying.

I never had the ice water except this time. It can really fuc_k you up. I can't imagine getting hit in the face while on a Mo-Si. I would definitely get hurt or killed. I noticed, also, that it mainly came from the little <deleted> (as you put it so well).

why ride a motorbike?

It may have escaped your notice but 95% of Thais ride motorbikes. If someone wants to ride a bike that is for them to choose, not for you to dictate what others can do.

And I'm NOT dumb enough to be riding a motor bike during songkran. :D And I put all valuables in water tight poaches. :D So lighten up or maybe you need to go holiday somewhere else this time of year. :D

That is exactly what most sensible people do, if they can afford it. The ones who can't just stay at home. Not everyone here is on holiday.

And I'm NOT dumb enough to be riding a motor bike during songkran.

I ride a motorbike during Songkran, just as I ride a bike all year around. It is my sole means of transport in Pattaya. Are you saying I'm dumb?

I'd have more to say, but forum rules won't allow it.

Edited by tropo

Baht buses are also, shall we say, vulnerable targets.

You're probably more of a target in a baht bus than on a motorbike, but tonight at 9:30 pm I got hit with some water from someone IN the back of a baht bus.

It was a fun day so wft people are complaining????

"wft people are complaining"???

If you're so drunk you can't put a sentence together you're probably one of the reasons why Songkran sucks.

Hundreds of people are killed each year by your "fun". The idea that moving vehicles are included is the cause of this. Throwing water at a speeding motorcycle with the intent to cause harm would result in jail time in any civilized country.