Can't Stand Fresh Coriander?

sbk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I cannot :D

Disgusting stuff, along the same lines as cauliflower for me :)

I won't ask what you think of brussels sprouts and broad beans then!

I love coriander, especially with chilli sauce covering a well marinated breast of chicken, then BBQ'd biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love fresh Cilantro in much of my foods, and is included in most Mexican and Thai foods,

I could not live without it, It is a must in our household!

We grow it and use it daily in our cooking be it Thai or Mexican!

Cheers::rolleyes:

in andean countries there is a weed called quirquina that's added to most things like cilantro in Mexico, gives a distinct aroma...

an uncle in Quilla-Collo just outside of Cochabamba in Bolivia gave me some seeds that I sowed in the vacant lot next to our house in Richmond, CA...it ran rampant and was liberally added to salads from our garden...but never picked up by local culianestes...

anyone ever heard of it?

(doncha just luv dem quechua place names?)

Ok folks there is a difference between cilantro and coriander. Cilantro is the fresh green leaves and coriander is the dry crushed seeds. You should eat this stuff it helps to detox heavy metals from the system plus it taste good.

the brits call the fresh leafs coriander as well...cilantro is the american tag fer the leafs...dry coriander is an ingredient in curries, useta grind the whole ones meself in a mortar with whole cumin and etc to prepare the 'righteous curry'...

man, any one that's spent time workin' in the Gulf area where there are a lot of south asians and has seen the huge bins of whole spices at the supermarket knows what I'm talkin' about...memorable... :)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Add me to the list of haters. It is overpowering and I resent the way it hijacks a dish, tells you it's not even interested in a ransom, then executes the other ingredients one by one just for fun.

Get rid of it.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who hates that stuff. If my wife forgets to tell the restaurant NOT to put it in my food, she has to spend 20 minutes picking it out of my dish. I then yell at her if she misses a piece of that revolting stuff.

I'm with you there mate, next time she fails to pick a piece out, it's a divorce :):D .

When is the divorce? I trust it is soon. My condolences to the lady.For being involved with a ------ farang

Can't eat good Thai or Mexican food (my two loves) without it...

I buy pak chee at the local market every week for my own homemade larb gai, along with mint/salenay.... Can't live without it...

Not to mention liberal doses in any good Mexican salsa...

• 3 months later...

I love it,and am the most laid back guy you could meet.

ANYBODY GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT MEET ME ON BUDHA HILL

I agree and I will hold your coat for you :D

jb1

Forgot to mention we eat the root as well. :whistling:

Edited by jimbeam1