Why Do Thais Have A Mob Mentality?

freeurmind2

you say

"I want nothing to do with you..."

Then you answered my post, this associating with me... right/wrong?

I will have nothing to do with you, hold on, but I will send you a mail....!!!! oh , how I love it sometimes

I do not approve of colonialism, but see it, with some reluctance as being much better than what was left behind.

Drugs is often based upon.... wrong again in some circumstances

Bumiggrad toild me I needed to have an op

another doctor said this was nonsense- you take drugs, legally here 'yes".They are still drugs. You are a drug taker. Does that upset you? Is because it legal make yuo feel okay.

You have total complete in the law makers do you? many of your special needs students may be that way because of badly prescribed medicine given either to them or their parents when there was a profits first policy.

Or many due to lack of proper nutrition due to a lacking government welfare system, like, eeerrr....in india

Someone has decided to let them be legal.So, what is this point?

And many drugs are not taken for medical necessity, but for pleasure improvement of health- but you did say often.

Moral rights- what is moral?

To me we all know the answer and yet we do so little to make any progress

what is kumbaya,? and like it or not, we are related-and actually, on the same side

Responding to your inane posts is not associating with you.

You have defended colonialism in multiple posts with the the ends justify the means defense.

It's a rare mind that equates a life-saving drug (e.g. to prevent heart attacks or strokes) with being a druggie.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cannot fight alone, fight in groups.

Yes, Ive seen this big time in UK..football hooligans being the classic example- but also fights after pubs close when 2-3 guys will pick on a random stranger and beat them.

If you cannot fight alone, fight in groups.

Yes, Ive seen this big time in UK..football hooligans being the classic example- but also fights after pubs close when 2-3 guys will pick on a random stranger and beat them.

Totally off topic when we're talking about groups of Thai guys who are surely just a few bottles of Sangsom away of beating me down and stuffing me in a Caterpillar tire and setting it on fire ('nang yang' as it's known locally). Way unfair I might add.

Mods?

:)

I've lived here for quite some time..I've heard a number of stories about young Thai men 'ganging up' to beat up a farang, but I've never actually seen it...being English I have seen with my own eyes large gangs of drunken louts beating and kicking the life out of individuals or smaller groups of people...this is a frequent occurrence on the streets of Manchester on a Friday or Saturday evening at closing time...so I'm not at all convinced that this is a Thai phenomenon...

you say

"I want nothing to do with you..."

Then you answered my post, this associating with me... right/wrong?

I will have nothing to do with you, hold on, but I will send you a mail....!!!! oh , how I love it sometimes

I do not approve of colonialism, but see it, with some reluctance as being much better than what was left behind.

Drugs is often based upon.... wrong again in some circumstances

Bumiggrad toild me I needed to have an op

another doctor said this was nonsense- you take drugs, legally here 'yes".They are still drugs. You are a drug taker. Does that upset you? Is because it legal make yuo feel okay.

You have total complete in the law makers do you? many of your special needs students may be that way because of badly prescribed medicine given either to them or their parents when there was a profits first policy.

Or many due to lack of proper nutrition due to a lacking government welfare system, like, eeerrr....in india

Someone has decided to let them be legal.So, what is this point?

And many drugs are not taken for medical necessity, but for pleasure improvement of health- but you did say often.

Moral rights- what is moral?

To me we all know the answer and yet we do so little to make any progress

what is kumbaya,? and like it or not, we are related-and actually, on the same side

Responding to your inane posts is not associating with you.

You have defended colonialism in multiple posts with the the ends justify the means defense.

It's a rare mind that equates a life-saving drug (e.g. to prevent heart attacks or strokes) with being a druggie.

of course responding is associating.

You were responding, out of your own free will, to my post.

I provoked/caused you to do something that associated yourself with me.Who was it then who caused your reply?

Thanks, I have a "rare mind" quite proud of it in fact.

Drug's- druggie- drug user's- all words that can apply to you.

Not ones i would choose, but some might, who can define what terms others use.

To some "druggies" their choice of drugs are life saving because it helps them escape the mind boggling boring existence of the humdrum daily 9-5pm life which the vast majority of people lead

and which maslow suggested was the cause of this( taking drugs) to be a human need. Serious- I do hope you stay well.

and it seems you do good work with special needs kids ( of which i was one)

The colony thing is simply born out of the obvious fact that virtually all ex-colony's not only did not progress, but went completely the other way.I truly wish they were able to do better-this is not a decision born out of any racism.I just see it this way. I am part fopreign by the way- so can hardly be called pro- Is it not just as racist to vote a white man out, because he is white and then choose a completely inept ruler

because he came from "their" part of this planet

Whatever defense- its simply seem to me to be a fact

Ask any burmese who is not in the government or has escaped Burma. Ask that lovely lady whose father kicked the brits out- and look what happened..progress?

The vast majority of the poor in these places suffer because of this.

Looking forward to associating with you again

it actually happened to me today-amazing

waved down a taxi, he took me to part of the way, without adjusting the meter... somewhere there was no taxi and said he wanted 200 baht!!

when i said " no" he ordrered me to get out!

I politley asked if he could drive back, or somewhere I can get a taxi,he swore at me in Thai then challenged me a boxing match fight because I would not leave!

gay I may be, do not fight with any old fag. have bitten noses off people!

fine i said, until i showed him what i carry-that changed his tune and showed his real colors.

Later by sheer coincidence I saw him at a crossroads.

he was giving me all the tough guy signs. I also smashed his meter, saying you do not need this.... yuo do not need not use it... I was so pissed because.I got out, opened his door and slapped him hard. So much for the brave mentality- there were many taxi theres and none helped, nor did any locals( but lots of cops around who seemd to find amusing, although i would not recommend such an action.

This thankfully very rare, but I will bet the think thinks twice about f]doing that again.

I had run out of pain killers which is why i overreacted

I've lived here for quite some time..I've heard a number of stories about young Thai men 'ganging up' to beat up a farang, but I've never actually seen it...being English I have seen with my own eyes large gangs of drunken louts beating and kicking the life out of individuals or smaller groups of people...this is a frequent occurrence on the streets of Manchester on a Friday or Saturday evening at closing time...so I'm not at all convinced that this is a Thai phenomenon...

Of course you are right.When we see some of the sickening attacks that thais do on each other, mainly,we forget about the same sort of violence in our home countries.After witnessing the Sheff wednesday thugs and the non league fiasco with Lutin hoolies then the thais are no different.

waved down a taxi, he took me to part of the way, without adjusting the meter... somewhere there was no taxi and said he wanted 200 baht!!

I politley asked if he could drive back, or somewhere I can get a taxi,he swore at me in Thai then challenged me a boxing match fight because I would not leave!

fine i said, until i showed him what i carry-that changed his tune and showed his real colors.

he was giving me all the tough guy signs. I also smashed his meter, saying you do not need this.... yuo do not need not use it... I was so pissed because.I got out, opened his door and slapped him hard. So much for the brave mentality- there were many taxi theres and none helped, nor did any locals( but lots of cops around who seemd to find amusing, although i would not recommend such an action.

This thankfully very rare, but I will bet the think thinks twice about f]doing that again.

Karma lives!

Oh but it is :)

Karma lives!

certainly does, well, I would call it that

just do not piss off and old fag and insult his dear old mum, not when i carry what i do... i caused a huge amount of damage to his car, made him lose face, ripped his seat to shreds

i am amazed i did not get nicked

his karma certainly caught up with him alright

i hope he think twice before trying to rip another person off

but to be honest, i have had great drivers, i left all my money in one once, the poor old drove me to pattaya,then retunrned to bankok, found, and came back to give

asked for nothing

Karma lives!

just do not piss off and old fag and insult his dear old mum, not when i carry what i do... i caused a huge amount of damage to his car, made him lose face, ripped his seat to shreds

but to be honest, i have had great drivers, i left all my money in one once, the poor old drove me to pattaya,then retunrned to bankok, found, and came back to give

asked for nothing

Glad to see you finally admitted you're a "druggie"...by your own standards.

Karma lives!

asked for nothing

Glad to see you finally admitted you're a "druggie"...by your own standards.

how can I admit something I have never denied?- I do not even try and hide it. Oh, you poor fellow.

And proud of it !

I am not going to told what I can or cannot do with my own body.Only I will decide that.

Your attempts at point scoring are not doing very well now are they? In fact they are having the reverse effect! This is so typical of your sort. Forget the topic, lose face, try and regain, lose it more...

You think you find something, fail, make yourself look more foolish and add nothing to this topic.

Oh the male ego....the desire to get one up, drags one so further down

hey, are you associating with me again? I thought you said you were not going to do this. Wow.. you have some issue's my friend.

I am glad you are glad.

But now you are not quite as glad as you thought you were. Are you,. take some good advice- put aside your ego, it is only making look foolish. Thats twice now you have messed up. Instead of trying to save face stay on topic. In a debate you would last seconds if your posts are anything to go by.

Now, back on to topic( is that okay?- yes, I think you have been dealt with enough),

I have heard there is a great author called Nial Ferguson who has written a very good book on this.

I will try and get the title and post it here.

here is another one to balance's things out- at airport security a senior thai lady customs took away something she deemed unsafe.She did not even ask what it was!

she said

" this is not allowed" in a very rude way and threw in into the bin.

I jumped straight over the counter and retrieved it. She screamed in Thai! Within seconds I was surrounded by security.

We were taken to a room. Politely I must add.

I guess things were in my favor when my credentials were checked out

The lady was made to apologize to me.

Even the young female staff said they were ashamed of this.

Many of the staff were disgusted by here behavior.

Even the captain later came and said sorry.

My item was put in a bag and handed back as we landed.

This is what I would like to think most people, most Thai's are really like.

In this case the "mob" were moral, fair, polite, and decent.

Karma lives!

asked for nothing

:) you could'nt make it up could you............ oh wait.....................

They are simply - from childhood onwards trained to!

(refer: Pavlov dog syndrome)

: "We are Thai People,the free, this is Thailand... etc. is so often heard as an excuse!

Something to be proud of,even, well you know litter all around, stinking open sewers,

cheating, corruption, lying, misbehavior is alright and widely accepted as long as it concerns someone else!

Hunger, thirst and feeling too hot/uncomfortable - mai sabai... is what seems to count before ANYTHING else!

To be fair, not everyone is the same, it seems to decline with the education level and experience outside Thailand!

Karma lives!

asked for nothing

:) you could'nt make it up could you............ oh wait.....................

yes, i could,in fact i think many people lie here i am assure of it, what does that achieve? Liars can cheat many people, but never themselves

They are very sad indeed if lying makes them feel better.

With regard to the taxi driver, i have his phone number, I took quite a few things , left a few costly souvenirs,he does not have a meter anymore,unless he picked it up, to be honest, some things arer a bit of a haze, I was going through a bad day...he made it better...- why need it, when one does not use it?

He will think twice before pulling that one. Karma a wise who has yet to learn the meaning od admit, associate, one gent rightly pointed out- I helped him catch up with his.

This happen in view of some people,all locals who one would of expected to come to his aid if one agreed in this mob rule thing- which does have its points.

Even I think a policemen drove by.They seemed amused.

They knew better. Mob mentality goes out the window when one see's what may actually result.

Would you like it to check with this brave man my claims,who wilted at this old fag.

Who sat when told. Who was silent when told to shut up.Who handed over things when told.

Who challenged me to " boxing" and then when I said something like " it"lets do, seemed to forget it.

He was like a child. I actualy went far too far, he was not expecting this.

But from time to time I just snap. Guess its because I am druggie, I actually am bipolar so have severe mood swings, some details i cannot recall, although I will never forget that sort of self vanity tough guy and Look on his face as I exploded in rage.

He is not very happy at the moment I expect. His car certainly is need of some repair. I took a his number , his plates, check with him on 0804245088. I go that too.

he is apx early 20's , short hair, short.He drove a new model type car. The incident was late afternoon.

I actually would like to hear his version of it.

remind him I am tall dark, western,double his age very hansom, and he backed down like a baby- sat and shut up when told-which at the time was the best thing he could do.I think it was a Wednesday.I sat in the back.He picked me up drove, did not adjust the meter than tried to extort me.

.he will remember. call him and say you are me and you want to pay the damages- that will confirm something I am sure. His phone was white.

I am sure he will remember the incident very well. For the rest of his life.

The damage to his ego, his face,the car, not to judge a polite looking older man as weak victim, and hopefully to reconsider doing this again.This is wrong and bad.He knows it.

I have no need of proving anything,other than the need i have no need to prove anything!

Oh, and it you doubt this, its not the first time, I smashed up a car ,seems to a hobby here....

This time a it was a police car because I thought I would give them a little memory aid due on how to conduct himself correctly to his lack of politeness/professionalism/attitude- and one insulting my mother and using foul language for no reason.One officer however was excellent.They

are not all bad. The rude brave gun totting cop surrounded by all his colleaguesone did the same as the taxi, it was pathetic....he decided not to pursue it.Laughed it off..walked away. Best thing he could of done. You see, cowards know when the game is up, they know they are cowards and when they have met someone who will not be cowered.

I will probabaly be shot one day.

Upset the wrong people here and you pay- I have been hearing this lame argument for years.

Its this fear that prevents this country from progressing.

And its installed since day one .In a way the cop, the driver knew no better, they are the products of this culture.

Would you like to check that claim?

Karma again I guess.

A coward knows he will be broken, I am no tough guy, I'm gay for Gods sake,but when one is in the right- it gives one great power .It really does. And that he is also on camera and in the wrong using foul language, as well as good officer on my side lead to little more karma adjustment!

You've been pretty lucky. I wouldn't rely on it continuing.

One of these days you'll fight back (even justifiably) against the wrong person....

Its unfortunate but true, that the bully with back up will generally win over the individual with right on his side. Applies here the same as it does in any other country.

...I took quite a few things , left a few costly souvenirs,he does not have a meter anymore,unless he picked it up, to be honest, some things arer a bit of a haze, I was going through a bad day...

But from time to time I just snap. Guess its because I am druggie, I actually am bipolar so have severe mood swings, some details i cannot recall, although I will never forget that sort of self vanity tough guy and Look on his face as I exploded in rage.

...I will probabaly be shot one day.

Upset the wrong people here and you pay- I have been hearing this lame argument for years.

it gives one great power .It really does.

Now that you have described your handicapping conditions, I've decided not to respond to your posts in the future...tough though it may be to resist the temptation.

Sooner or later, I think you're in for what may be an irreparably broken life. In the West we are more accepting (or at least excusing) of handicapping conditions. That's not true everywhere, and I doubt that it's very true here. And even if it were, even in the west I have seen handicapped people with conditions such as bipolar go up against someone who isn't very accepting and come out very badly. As you say in your own post, "I will probably be shot one day." I hope that or something similar does not happen to you, but you're clearly out of control (literally) and you need to either get some new and serious help or, in my opinion, return to a country that looks more "excusingly" at your type of situation.

Goodbye Joe.

It seems you get all sorts on this forum! But back on topic - I don't see Thai people as different to anyone else. If you're an 'outsider' getting into trouble on someone else's home turf - it's the same the world over. And the more of an outsider you are the bigger the potential 'mob'. When I was a boy we'd never let anyone from Pennard lose to someone from Killay. Yet we'd back one of the Killay boys if they got into trouble in Mumbles (Gower boys together). And if it kicked off in town, Pennard, Killay and Mumbles would all stand together against valley commandos or Swansea jacks. But if Swansea were playing Cardiff - and so on.

Why anyone thinks the average Thai should stand by while his mate gets into a potentially losing battle with someone who's not even from the same country is beyond me. In my view they wouldn't be much of a friend if they did.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that if you're a farang in Thailand and get into trouble - you're in a very small minority indeed. Better to not get in trouble into the first place. And actually, I've always found that Thais are pretty easy to placate. Just say you're wrong even if you're not (claim ignorance), keep a smile on your face, offer to buy a drink or whatever, and its all forgotten. Certainly far easier than getting out of trouble anywhere in the UK, that's for sure.

It's pretty simple really..if you can't hold back your own contempt and prejudices against Thais like some of the posters here harbor then they will see through it in your body language, facial expression, and tone of voice. If you are relaxed, smile, and know how to deal with problems in a calm intelligent manner then you won't have issues.

Also, Thais generally don't nitpick everything service related. If they get shafted over they generally shrug and walk away reminding themselves not to do business next time with the same people. The farang in Thailand way of doing things is to shout and work themselves up into a cardiac arrest state drawing attention and making everyone (including themselves) lose face.

Believe it or not there are plenty of well meaning Thai people but i'm guessing a lot of expats only experience the "bad" Thais because well..birds of a feather flock together. Bad elements attract bad elements as a general rule of thumb.

People here can pontificate all they want about how much more superior their education level is, marvel over the length of their own penis, and talk up how bad ass they are but if you present yourself as a dirtbag you will get treated like one.

Oh, and from what i've seen very very few farang in Thailand come even close to the upper "average" in a western country. It's really the dregs.

Yes so what does that tell you. The others have more sense than come to here.

...I took quite a few things , left a few costly souvenirs,he does not have a meter anymore,unless he picked it up, to be honest, some things arer a bit of a haze, I was going through a bad day...

...I will probabaly be shot one day.

it gives one great power .It really does.

Now that you have described your handicapping conditions, I've decided not to respond to your posts in the future...tough though it may be to resist the temptation.

Sooner or later, I think you're in for what may be an irreparably broken life. In the West we are more accepting (or at least excusing) of handicapping conditions. That's not true everywhere, and I doubt that it's very true here. And even if it were, even in the west I have seen handicapped people with conditions such as bipolar go up against someone who isn't very accepting and come out very badly. As you say in your own post, "I will probably be shot one day." I hope that or something similar does not happen to you, but you're clearly out of control (literally) and you need to either get some new and serious help or, in my opinion, return to a country that looks more "excusingly" at your type of situation.

Goodbye Joe.

well, it ain't happened yet. And I am getting on ( but look much younger!)

I may of picked up a few bruise's. A broken tooth. But you should of seen what the others looked like. And where they ended up.

I hate it when the guys are cute though.

I also love the look on thugs face's as if to say " hey, your queer ain't ya, how come your having a go?" Well, even Alexander the great loved the lad's.

To me an irreparably broken life would be if I just sat back and said and did nothing when seeing some things and choose to ignore them, did what most do- just walk on by, it's not our problem, like when I heard a young black lady called " a nigger" by skinhead's.

A man decent looking gentleman minding his own business headbutted by a thug for no reason. A attempted rape etc, etc.

What do you you think these people would say " I am clearly out of control"?

I would not be able to look at my exceedingly hansom face in the mirror if I ignored this type of behavior and put my own interest's first. In fact, I would feel such a shame my life would become irreparably damaged.

As a child I just could not understand why bully like to cause pain and misery to others. Why people would make jokes at me going to my special need's classes.

Even now it saddens me how cruel some people can be.

And I modestly say, many innocent people been assisted by this out of control, gay drugggie i could prove this, but will be accused of boasting.

And I have been shot at. Bombed too. Stabbed. I lived. So did other's, guess why?

What wiston churchill said it true. Its a great feeling to have been shot at and they miss. Nobody wins a fight- one only survives fight.

Thugs, bully's, only fight when they are convinced they will win.

Because I will never stand for this nonsense,be like most, I guess one day I may be shot, stabbed to death, whatever.

And you know what. That's how i would like to go. Give me that any day than doing nothing. So far, I ain't done too badly.

I do not consider myself a handicapped in a bad way that threatens anyone innocent.

I just do not take any nonsense from bully's.

I have never caused any problem's. Only reacted to them. I admit that the taxi incident could be considered going a bit over the top.

So what excusing country should I go to then?

Which country wants people to just walk on by, do nothing, lets thugs, bully's, rapists win?

The only people i poise any form of bother to are those need of behavioral modification aka a good smack in the gob as the brits say.

Why anyone thinks the average Thai should stand by while his mate gets into a potentially losing battle with someone who's not even from the same country is beyond me. In my view they wouldn't be much of a friend if they did.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that if you're a farang in Thailand and get into trouble - you're in a very small minority indeed. Better to not get in trouble into the first place. And actually, I've always found that Thais are pretty easy to placate. Just say you're wrong even if you're not (claim ignorance), keep a smile on your face, offer to buy a drink or whatever, and its all forgotten. Certainly far easier than getting out of trouble anywhere in the UK, that's for sure.

You'd support your friend in beating someone up even if your friend was already in the wrong?

You'd support your friend in beating someone up even if your friend was already in the wrong?

I suppose there's a perception that if you call someone outside for a square go, a whole bunch of neds will fill you in, which is considered unsporting and ungentlemanly - same as in the UK.

There's a further perception that if your adversary fells you before his mates get there, they'll still join in and give you a good shoeing, more than is necessary in the circumstances.

I suppose if they're used to dealing with hyped-up junkies, that's maybe not surprising, but still, potentially unfortunate for us basically mild-mannered types who might, accidentally through the pearls of strong drink, rub someone up the wrong way.

I suppose it comes down to differences in sense of humour, and the importance of sport in education, and perhaps a less individualistic, more group-centred culture

Anyway, regardless of whether the whole block's going to turn out to give you a kicking, I think you shouldn't be picking fights, and I'm not sure that I would equate cheating taxi-drivers with rapists when trying to justify picking a fight with someone

SC

Thailand is poor and like most poor places around the World the locals

will gang up against foreigners or outsiders. The people have been brought

up with a tougher mentality and still have a sense of community.

Never really had any problems myself in Thaiand worth talking about but

the land of smiles does have some real issues.

I bet if you was to walk around other poor countries in South America,

Eastern Europe, Africa or even poor parts of developed countries you

will see the same kind of mob attitude in the local men.

You'd rather sit and watch your friend taking a kicking?

Anyway, I wasn't trying to start a debate on the morality of fighting in groups. I was just pointing out that Thai people are no different to anyone else.

You'd rather sit and watch your friend taking a kicking?

Anyway, I wasn't trying to start a debate on the morality of fighting in groups. I was just pointing out that Thai people are no different to anyone else.

If 'my friend' chose to get into a violent situation without my help, there is no way on earth that I would support this 'friend' & risk injury to myself. Of course & if such a thing were to happen, I would certainly re-evaluate the 'friendship'.

'Being a man' has everything to do with 'guilt & ego' & almost nothing to do with intestinal fortitude.

Edited by elkangorito

Thais do have a mob mentality but it's not always directed towards a foreigner. Once while I was driving a rented motorcycle down in Koh Chang, during SongKran, a dog came straight out into the road to attack me, I swerved and the foot rest hit it square in the face. I ofcourse stopped to help but it scampered off wailing into the bushes. This was all witenessed by all the people that had just wet me with water and painted the motorcycle and myself with that cooling white paste. The owner immediately came over to me shouting and cursing and I was immediately surrounded by 5 or 6 Thai guys who I thought were there to support him but actually supported me. They told me to not worry and enjoy the rest of the day and they would take care of the guy and his dog.

You've been pretty lucky. I wouldn't rely on it continuing.

One of these days you'll fight back (even justifiably) against the wrong person....

Its unfortunate but true, that the bully with back up will generally win over the individual with right on his side. Applies here the same as it does in any other country.

well, actually you are right- so I am doomed, let it be.

and yes, bully,thug's usually have back up , they never face man( or gay!) face to face or, as you brit's say, it would not kick off

One lout set of lout's, a bunch British Royal marine( a discredit to a fine and noble service I have been associated to- and none have ever acted like that,I better not say how some have acted, my God, I do love a fit serviceman, its all that time at sea!)

I had 2, in total 3 against me. I lost some of my teeth. They lost a lot more. They were beating up man simply because he was gay.

I saw the whole thing.So did others, who just walked on by.One thing I like about London is that there are camera's everywhere.The law enforcement officers soon came.

What can you? What would you do?

This man was my age now, a mild mannered gentleman who attended the same club as me.He was active in amnesty and other good thing's. One of life's good meaning gentleman.

We did not know each other well, but had shared a mild discussion and a drink.

He however, unlike me, was obviously gay.

I walk out of the club and see his face being smashed into a wall by young men laughing. Sometime's I am glad I have these condition's.

What is it is that makes some people want to cause this sort of pain?

It saddens me.

one poster mentioned Thai boxing

I was the youngest ever to fight and win here -man, were the dice loaded against me. Anyone wish to call me on this- ask for proof,I notice nobody who has, has yet to actually follow through.Nobody like to lose I guess.

Muay-thai is a sport,not a martail art, in a street fight, it use is limited.

the feet are from savate ( a french kicking art and other Asian influences,its hands are now boxing) it is use is very limited in a real fight so much so that i would even care a dot if i was facing the champ, just bite and tear,claw and rip.

They have no idea how to deal with this , the ones I have done this to sceam, run off, cry, wail, what they never do is kick, elbow, knee

they cannot, they do not have the distance and are in such pain

or a take themdown. A good rwill destroy them.