Protecting Long-term Security Of Children

scorecard

I'm thinking of changing the chanut on a land and house property, so that the owner is my Thai grandchild (now 5 year sold). I've worked through the downside and the upside of this action, according to our specific family situation and please, I don't need lots of pessimistic replies.

I've established clearly that it is within the appropriate Thai law to puts a Thai child's name on a chanut and it is within the appropriate Thai law to also record a usufunct on the same chanut in a foreign name.

But my advice also indictated that some OICs of land title offices will object to this being done (not their business, they should follow the law, but the reality is that they can get away with this and there's no point in demaning anything).

So, can I please ask Pattaya members; at the Pattaya land office:

Step 1. Have you ever recorded a Thai child's name on a chanut? If yes would you please share any worthwhile details, things to be careful of, some idea of the needed documentation, costs (incl 'extra' costs), etc.

Step 2. If you have done step 1., above, have you also recorded a usufunct? Again, If yes, would you please share some details, documentation, costs etc etc.

Appreciate all replies, and maybe this could be worthwhile information for lots of members.

Thanks.

I have heard about both things being done, no first hand experience though.

In my opinion it is the way to go.

I'd be surprised if the Pattaya land office made difficulties, they are used to dealings with farangs.