90 Days Report Delayed

There is a window of 7 days either side of the date.

The fine is 2,000 Baht.

It will all depend on what mood they are in but you really should have gone today.

Lop,

Per the latest bit of paper in my pasport for the 90 days, says maximum of THB 5000 fine + THB 200 a day for every day over (assuming every day over the 7 days grace)

The fine is 2,000 Baht.

It will all depend on what mood they are in but you really should have gone today.

Lop,

Per the latest bit of paper in my pasport for the 90 days, says maximum of THB 5000 fine + THB 200 a day for every day over (assuming every day over the 7 days grace)

I also have that receipt. That is the maximum and is rarely given. It is usually only if you are found out and arrested. Not for if you report late.

I had not posted in this thread but the normal fine is 2,000 baht if you appear and 4,000 if you are found out but can be up to 5,000 baht per below. The 200 baht is not defined and I suspect is for every day you fail to pay after being advised of your overstay being due. Have not seen any report of it being evoked. But then the person it would be used against most likely would not be posting here I suspect.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

The fine is 2,000 Baht.

Lop,

I also have that receipt. That is the maximum and is rarely given. It is usually only if you are found out and arrested. Not for if you report late.

I commented on this because after nearly 9 years of 90 day reports, first time had seen this on the slip, and wondering if the rules had changed.. :)

i will go tomorrow and find out how much they charge me......i'll update once i'm back.......i hate this...

If you went there today, no fees yet...BUT, I am 100% sure you'll be fined Bt2,000.

Now, can anyone direct us on how to do this thing via mail system? I will appreciate instructions based on experience. Or, can we do this at their Chamchuri Square Branch? Thanks to all in advance for your swift replies.

The requirements for mail-ins of 90 day reports are detailed on the immigration website, but have not been updated:

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to ...

Note:

- Immigration is now asking for envelope with 10 baht stamp affixed

- Paperwork should now be sent to your local immigration office. Strongly suggest use EMS to mail-in the paperwork so can track delivery.

- Report must ARRIVE at local immigration office by the due report date (there is no 7 day extension for mail-ins)

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

In Bangkok reporting by mail should be sent to:

IMMIGRATION BUREAU (90 DAYS REGISTRATION)

90 DAYS REPORTING SECTION

Immigration Bureau (Imm. Div. 1)

Chalermprakiat Government Complex

120 Moo 3, Chaengwattana Soi 7

Tungsonghong, Laksi District,

Bangkok 10210

this 90 day report is just pain in the a...

many of my friends doesn't do it......but i just want to make sure that i abide by their law in a foreign country....

I have been here over 20 years and will only be doing my third report this Friday. Like your friends, I never bothered and in fact do not even know when reporting was introduced. However, the last time I obtained an extension of stay they stamped my passport that I was required to make 90 day reports so I can no longer plead ignorance. I do not know if the 90 day report warning stamp is used with other visas/extensions.

this 90 day report is just pain in the a...

many of my friends doesn't do it......but i just want to make sure that i abide by their law in a foreign country....

I have been here over 20 years and will only be doing my third report this Friday. Like your friends, I never bothered and in fact do not even know when reporting was introduced. However, the last time I obtained an extension of stay they stamped my passport that I was required to make 90 day reports so I can no longer plead ignorance. I do not know if the 90 day report warning stamp is used with other visas/extensions.

Garry

See attached, kindly provided by one of the mods, note Item #5. This was on the Arrival/Departure form lots and lots of years ago, 30-40 perhaps. But no one read it, including me. I did start doing the 90-day reports some years ago when I saw the gals at Suan Plu entering the info into computers. Sorta figured that one day this info would be tied into Departure Control at the exit points and I'd have to pay then.

Be nice if Pathum Thani Immigration at Sam Koke had mail-in service, the road in the area is being widened to four lanes and is sometimes a mess. It's a bit over an hour and 50 km from Klong 10, which I pointed out to the Immigration lady doing my 2-minute report form. Her reply, be happy, it's 80 km from her place, further out and on the Lam Luk Kha Road. At least she said it with a smile, and I shut up, smiling too.

Never complain without a smile, helps.

Mac

post-32650-1271933786_thumb.jpg

Oops. I am another one who did not read it. But in my current passport I only have a departure card issued in 2008 and it does not mention the 90 day report requirement. I can't remember what the one before that said. It should be noted that I am on extensions of the visa I received in 1990 so the original arrival/departure card has long since gone. So I could still have plead ignorance if they had not stamped my passport.

Anyway, no bones about it, I will be at Chaengwattana tomorrow to do my 90 report and like you will smile. It is not a big deal, just inconvenient. I do not want to go the postal route as I would be fretting until I got my passport back or whatever. Much more peace of mind if I do it in person.

Edited by GarryP

I didn't read post #12 because when it mentioned mail-ins I stopped reading as I was not interested. Having said that, I went there this morning and the traffic back was horrendous. Maybe I'll have to reconsider.

They are trying out a new queue numbering system now, which is a good idea. But they need to do something with the sound levels. I feel sorry for the staff who are there all day, the tanoy (spelling) must drive them nuts, especially in the 90 day report room.

i was about 3 weeks over here in phuket, wnet in and slipped him 1,000 baht and he said be carfull next time and come in after 90 days.

It beats the income tax clearence we had to do in the 80's after a stay of 180 days in one year. Each time we left we had to pay 1,000 baht regardless of reason we were here.