Mystique Last Night

Dazzler

They've always had an extra hour on their opening time haven't they? I think if they got hassles with the police regarding tea money then this will happen a lot until they sort it out.

It'll be the police's aim to scare off customers and p.iss off customers until Mystique agree to the new tea rates I would have thought. :D

Wouldn't shock me that place getting a drug raid soon. :o

I was at Mystique over a month ago and the cops shut the place down. No piss tests or anything but they did have to close at midnight.

One of my after hours spots was raided last Friday as well, complete with piss tests. Everybody was let go after the tests and it seemed like they were after tea money more than drug busts. One guy *claimed* that he told the cops he'd rather go to jail than piss in a cup. Went off a bit about "his rights" :o Must have forgot that he has none here! They let him go though. Not sure if I really believe that he really refused.

The people who ran the place told us to take a walk and come back. They opened again at 2am.

There was a letter in the Bangkokpost a couple of days ago,it got raided last Friday by the immigration police,and they took the Farangs away that had no passports on them in waiting vans..

Seems like the immigration police have it in for this place.

I was at Mystique last night... Yeah cops got there and shut down the place at 11.45 pm... No piss test though... One cop said that "It closes at 12 midnight every night now."

Mystique has probably got some problems with the cops...

Maybe that evil siren there, the one I never finished the story about? :o

Maybe the owner pissed her off.

She boasted to me that she could do drungs anywhere she wanted as the police just melted when they saw her and she'd just give them a false mobile number and flatter her eyelashes.

Nasty piece of work that woman.

you ever gonna finish that story Scampy?

I been reading that the Mystique owners are farang, and either no paid up the right amount of cash to Police or perhaps if they have Thai partners they are getting forced out?

MOS went the same way didn't it?

Why do they keep drug busting these "up-market" places?

It makes Thailand police and government look ridiculous.

Its extreamly invasive to ask someone who is not misbehaving or our of their head to piss in a cup, imho. Personally I would also refuse, as well as taking their number and write an official complaint to tourist police and to Thaksin himself.

Why don't they go to Khaosan and bust some Isralie hippies smoking pot in the guesthouses?

What's the motivation for these raids and piss tests. Is it putting the screws on the proprietors for kick-backs, or does it come from higher up to try and dampen down the nightlife image of Thailand? Appears to be happening in all types of clubs though, even upmarket ones frequented by the big spenders?

Not good for tourism, which is badly in need of rejuvenation after the tsunami, amongst other things, surely?

Maybe no co-ordination in policies?

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know, many of these up market places like this one, Q bar etc play a great deal of majorly annoying hip hop crap. I'm sure this is why they are raiding these places. Surely clientele who frequent these places have got to be on drugs